SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I agree with you, Randy..... 100%. If a person really wants to be fast, ya gotta pull out nearly all the restrictions to find out those 'impossible' limits. Soon, the practice sessions will reveal areas of sloppiness that can be worked on. AND, those fast practice sessions will also reveal that your previous 'limitations' are changing because your speed has improved. Assuming you don't have any restrictive health issues, you gotta believe in yeowndangself and believe those 'unreachable' speeds are actually not impossible to reach. Sooooooo, I would suggest you practice hard and practice fast. At a match, its o.k. to throttle back a little. But when its practice time again, as Randy stated, ya gotta practice fast to know your speed limits..... and then exceed it. You might be the next 'speedmeister'. ..........Widder
  3. I used their 45 ACP Wild Bunch loads until I got the dies to load my own. they shot 153 to 155 power factor.
  4. When I first talked to the doctor about getting contacts he told me to stick my finger up and touch my eye with it. I asked him why. He said that if I could not touch my eye with my finger there was no way I would be able to put contacts in. Fortunately I had learned years before that the way to touch your eye is first lick your finger. Because tears and spit feel the same. If you have saliva on your finger you won't feel it on your eye, but if you stick your dry finger up there your eye will start to burn.
  5. The short barrel rifle will cost you a $200 tax stamp plus some paperwork. I don't think there's an exception for old guns, factory original or not. The good news is that the ATF seems to be fast tracking NFA paperwork right now. At least on suppressors.
  6. How about a bump for a pair of “Ruger only loads” in 7 1/2”! I miss that about the OMV’s
  7. I am gonna hafta say “Nay” on this one. I had a heckuva time putting contacts in my eyes years ago. But I will keep this in mind. Thanks Dave.
  8. I can’t believe nobody has jumped on this yet. Sending you a pm
  9. NRA Board of Directors 2024. Ballots that arrive after Sunday 4/28/24 will not be counted. This isn’t a call for a whine-fest. It’s just a reminder for NRA members that want to vote.
  10. Thanks ever so much. Appreciate the help.
  11. No, I like to drink my coffee. My understanding is that Turkish coffee needs to be chewed.
  12. Greetings Everyone Before I start looking anywhere else I always like to see if any of my SASS brothers and sisters might have things I need. I have acquired a model 36 S&W and I’m needing a set of grips they don’t have to be beautiful or expensive. Also I’m needing a screw for the side plate at least one nothing I have here at home works and finding a gunsmith where I live is like finding a chicken with teeth. Your help is greatly appreciated Carbinecasey #4469
  13. Today
  14. That is strange. Have you done some strange mod to your 73?
  15. Yesterday
  16. Really gorgeous, Linn!!! Well done indeed!! Happy belated birthday.
  17. I mostly agree except practice fast, you’ll never know your speed limit until you exceed it. Randy
  18. From a 1902 article. When traveling, always carry a tiny box of flaxseed for possible cinders. The instant a foreign substance is felt in the eye throw the head back and drop two or three flaxseeds on the ball of the eye and lift the upper lid and draw it down over them, so as to hold them in. There is no disagreeable sensation attached to putting the seed in, and the relief will come instantly. The moisture of the eye dampens the seed, and it gives out a mucous substance, which spreads over the eye and covers the grit. After awhile the seeds will begin to work out and Fix this textwill bring the offending particles with them
  19. Jeb, can you post a pic of the side with the engraving? Any chips in the blade?
  20. https://harpers.org/archive/1933/03/what-the-young-man-should-know/
  21. Here is the End of Trail Shotgun Events page. Your model 12 would not be legal.
  22. SOLD TO Slow Poke who I shoot with. I sold all of my 44-40 guns a couple of years ago. While cleaning out my ammo cabinet I found 450 rds of reloads with 200gr rnfp. I will sell it to you for $200 plus what ever shipping is. Ammo may be an issue but I can find out if interested.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.