SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I bought a consecutively numbered Colts from the SASS Classified. They were used but very gently used. Very gently. They were not cheap compared to Ubertis but they were not over priced. Keep an eye on the classifieds and put in a want to buy and you just might find what you are looking for. My pair of SAAs .44-40. NOT FOR SALE
  3. The rules are clearly posted on the headline of the Classifieds section. Unread Content Mark site read Home SASS Forums SASS Wire Classifieds SASS Wire Classifieds Following 195 The SASS Wire Classified is for NON-COMMERCIAL POSTINGS ONLY. Offers on the Classifieds may only be posted by a SASS Member (you may not post for someone else), in good standing, and must include his/her SASS Number. Offers posted by Guests or Members not including thier SASS Number will be deleted. You may not sell reloaded ammunition. Commercial Posts from merchants or dealers will be deleted and repeat offenders will be banned from the SASS Wire. Auctions, raffles and fundraisers are not allowed and will be removed immediately. SASS in no way endorses or guarantees any information posted on this page. Postings will automatically be deleted after one week. ***BE INFORMED*** It is mandatory that all firearms sales are done through the proper FFL channels. Other agencies read this Wire and you are strongly advised to abide by the law. If you are not sure of the laws for firearm sales and transfers, learn before you buy or sell.
  4. That would probably work for most T-star targets that I've seen, but my experience in matches is that even with an efficient two person crew servicing the T-star, the posse does a lot of waiting for reset. In big matches, that can be a consequential delay affecting stage-to-stage progress. Any task or complexity added to the reset process is going to add to the time required. There are likely to be at least small differences between what shooters get dealt on most moving targets. To some extent it is just a part of the game. But where there are doable remedies, and they don't require an inordinate amount of posse time, I think most of us implement them. Nobody in our sport would opt to operate a match unfairly, at least I would hope not. And if a shooter points out a legitimately unfair target differential, I don't think any of us would want to ignore it. It's one reason why we have Match Directors.
  5. Got a flyer in the mail. Burger King ad. An impossible Whopper meal was $6. A plain Whopper meal was $5. I had to look it up to find out what an impossible Whopper was. There's a new (or at least new to me) company called impossible burgers making plant-based hamburger. So you can get a soybean hamburger at Burger King but it costs a dollar more than a cow hamburger. That seems quite strange to me. And I certainly would not do it.
  6. Sure makes for nice shiny brass both inside and out. You can't get around how pretty that wet tumbled brass is, if that matters to ya. But the outside of mine is just as shiny, but the inside is dark. But I haven't found any difference in shooting, so I avoid the extra work with my old vibratory cleaner.
  7. I don't know where that quote came from, but it wasn't me.
  8. Another observation from shooting my 20 gauge and my 12 gauge - both were Stoegers. Plus watching many other shooters. A significant delay in shooting the shotgun is getting the empty shells to clear the gun rather than having to pluck them out. For what ever reason (weight vs surface are?) I see people have a lot more trouble with the 20 gauge. I had polished the chambers of both and tried several tricks, but the 20 gauge was never as reliable as my 12's (well tuned Stoeger, Baikel and SKB) for easily shucking shells. Of course your mileage may vary, but something to watch out for.
  9. Here is a video I made a few years back about pulling bullets the easy way. The method works well for jacket or lead bullets. Kajun
  10. It's not about following or violating rules. It's only about choosing to save your club(s) members, including yourself, some cost. Nobody will fault a shooter in any match for electing to use any SASS legal firearm or load. Many use the larger calibers and heavier loads. I don't think most of us even notice, except for the added noise, and when picking up brass, where I think we try harder to get all of the expensive cases back to their owners. But when targets need reconditioning or replacement, everyone has to share the major cost, which can easily be in the multiple tens of thousands, if dealing with AR steel. If paying that cost is just a cost of doing business to you, it's OK with me too. But Phantom's original point was one that deserved to be here in the discussion. Target damage and associated costs rightfully should be at least a consideration.
  11. Looks like one of the barrels is 7 1/2" on the photos. Please confirm they are both 5 1/2". Thanks
  12. I'm sure looking forward to it. Last year I took advantage of the swimming hole. It was cool and relaxing. Anybody that thinks FL is any cooler in July than KY just might need an attitude adjustment. C'mon FL shooters! LET'S GO TO KENTUCKY!
  13. I called Ziggy a terrorist. He still is. Except now he weighs ~15 pounds. He alone tore up the sisal on the tower.
  14. Thanks, ya'll beat me to it!! This right from the shooter's handbook The maximum velocities are 1000 fps for revolvers and 1400 fps for rifles. Ammunition that exceeds these velocities is considered illegal (this does not include ammunition that does not meet the power factor). Pocket pistols, derringers, and long-range rifles are exempt from the power factor and velocity requirements
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.