SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Only once with a rifle. Uberti 1873 with a 24" octagonal barrel in .44-40 that my wife gave me for Christmas in 1982. Took an eating size four point muley. Now, the shotgun is another matter. I came back from Japan in 1974 with an SKB 200E. I hunted pheasant, chukkars and huns, little top knotted Gambrel's quail, and other game birds, even a few ducks.....and the occasional rabbit....with it for twenty five tears, even after I disabled the ejectors. I had Johnny Meadows re-activate the ejectors for me a couple of years ago. I shot a bobcat with a SAA .45 once, but that wasn't hunting, that was reflex. Only took one shot and surprised the bejabbers out of me.
  3. One of our aircraft is missing
  4. This is probably a long shot, but I have some sound equipment that I’d like to trade for any SASS stuff. Everything works as far as I can tell. I bought it new ten years ago and maybe put less than a hundred hours on it. I’ll be glad to answer any questions as best I can. As you can see from the photos. There is a portable Shure M367 mixer (not sure where the power cable is. I’ll look for it. Runs on batteries too.) A Porta brace for the mixer. ATW – u101x wireless microphone. A telescoping microphone pole. An audio Technica clip on microphone. An audio Technica condenser microphone with Softie. Also a mix of film gels (maybe 20 in range of colors.) I’m interested in almost anything for cowboy shooting. Particularly anything 44-40 or 45 Colt including brass etc. For firearms I might be interested in throwing some cash in – especially an 1875 Outlaw in 44-40. Thanks
  5. PLUS ONE too Charlie H. FIVE GUYS Burgers-n-Fries. They DO NOT skimp on Fries. Bestest Fries Around. Also in my part of the woods, "Burgatory" Awesome Fries too.
  6. While I agree with most of this, in the case of feral hogs its not completely accurate. Boars (sexually mature males) develop boar taint (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boar_taint), this is common in all hogs both feral and domestic. Once the males have reached this point they are no longer edible in my opinion. We shoot them and leave them for the coyotes. Also, all feral hogs tend to be very lean. Even if trapped and fed straight corn, they will likely not put on much intramuscular fat.
  7. I have a set of lightly used Lyman dies, with shell holder for $35, shipped to you, If you are interested. — trvlr
  8. Wife got a call from "the electric company" saying our electricity will be shut off in 45 minutes unless she presses [1]. She didn't and hung up. Still waiting, and that was yesterday. My social security is supposed to be "shut off", my roof is about to start leaking from hail damage (we are in such a bad drought that we can hardly open the windows for the smoke from wildfires. I'd love to be able to send an electric shock back down the phone line for these scammers!
  9. Clear your browser cache history and cookies.
  10. With 45 shooters and two or three possees it's easy to miss people. I was so nervous the first time I don't remember too many pards. Also, at the time I didn't have an official SASS alias, and I went by "J. R. Woodby". Probably was wearing a black vest and a striped shirt.
  11. A BLAST for sure??? Pro steel lets a shooter enjoy shooting 150 round on 150 pieces of steel. Be ready for Texas Star, Irish STAR, Tombstone plate racks, End OVER End, Lots of Targets....LOTS????? Make sure you get signed up for Pro Steel we have a cut off of 60 shooters. thanks T-Bone
  12. When I was stationed at AberdeenProving Grounds there was a little place in the middle of the student parking lot. Just a shack called the Patio, where they made the first pizza burger I ever ate. Never had another one until Phill's Best open at the Ontario Mills in California. There's was like a trip back into my past. I've tried to make pizza burgers at home but I never qutie capture the same flavor.
  13. It's more than just having enough to get thru an encounter. Some of us like to remain proficient with our guns and practice.
  14. The energy that little kids have is one reason why having them when the parents are younger is the best idea. My grandsons are now 23 and 26 and the "little girl" starts high school (from home). Guess I'll just have to wait until the boys get married and start having kids. Hopefully, I'll still be spry enough to enjoy them.
  15. Packing up for the shoot, hmmm which rifle do I shoot??
  16. Not sure how I missed you at the range, but then again I watch reruns of my favorite episodes of Gunsmoke and come away saying, " That new Festus character really adds something to the series, I hope he gets on regular!".
  17. How the meat tastes depends on (a) what they have been eating; (b) how quickly the meat is cooled out; (c) the breed mix of the hawg; (d) how it is cooked (marinate for a couple of days. Mostly purebred Europeans are very lean and don't have any bacon on them! Been a long time, but I'll guarantee none of them are kosher!
  18. Culver's are okay but I don't like their buns. They do make a really passable fish and chips, though.
  19. I can see it now. 150 years from now, there will be a shooting club called PSS, the Preppers Shooting Society. It will be similar to SASS, but the time period and dress will be evolved around early 21 century Prepper dress and weaponry. Costuming will be a mix of patriotic themed t-shirts and camouflage. Any attire with gun brands or early 21st century political slogans will also be accepted. Baseball caps will be in general use, but they need to be gun logo or other “prepper” brand logos… of course truck and tractor logos will be accepted. Firearms will be an automatic handgun with a double stack magazine, a semi auto rifle (preferable an AR or AK variant), and a semi auto shotgun with either extended tube mag or removable box mags. There will be a shooting category called “Primatives”, for those who choose to use an automatic with a single stack magazine (1911, Hi Power). Pump shotguns will also be required for this category. There will be the same old argument between the 9mm shooters and the 45auto shooters about mousefart loads vs warthog loads. Stages will have stories like “ a pack of zombies have come into the neighborhood, and you are the only one left to protect the children of the school” and “a gang of Covid infected thugs are running amok without face masks and you need to stop them”.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.