SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Consider that the shooting schedule is five shows a day, two days a week, seldom consecutive days, every other week, with a few variations.
  3. It's truly a traditional match. Snakebite did his usual great job of putting together stages that were fun to shoot, and carry forward the kinds of cowboy shooting that originally attracted all of us to this great sport. With those realistic and challenging scenarios, coupled with well designed, permanent, western themed shooting bays and stage props, it has something for just about everybody-- except maybe those cowboys or cowgirls focused only on shooting ten or twelve second stages--sorry pards, it ain't gonna happen very often here. MDJ, we hope to see you there again in the future. Space and parking limitations necessarily limit the event size to about 120 shooters, give-r-take, so by the end of the three days, just about everybody knows everybody else. That in combo with the California springtime weather (75-83 F. ) makes it great fun and a great venue.
  4. Me too MDJ. I broke two bones in my leg and had to pull out this year. Great venue, great shoot, great folks.
  5. Today
  6. You are unlikely to find another Cimarron hammer gun at cost. I would buy it. I have both a Stoeger and the Cimarron coach gun (in its previous iteration as TTN) and the hammered gun is more fun. Of course you know that eventually you will own them both but I'd start with the Cimarron.
  7. Thursday weather report for Niles, Ohio! This just in! It might rain! I know it's hard to believe; it usually rains on Friday.....but It won't be raining indoors! Come on over to Niles! It's the Thursday Work-Shirker Open Class CAS Match! Shoot any style you want! Have some fun and leave the lawn mowing for another day! You and your hardware can stay high and dry inside the Clubhouse Shootin' Shack! See you Thursday!
  8. This a CANIK TP9SFT 9mm pistol. It comes with factory case, two 18rd mags, threaded barrel for a suppressor and elevated sights (for use with a suppressor) with fiber optic front sight. $425 delivered or FTF is cheaper.
  9. Noz

Cell Phone

Had to Billy, peer pressure was just becoming to tough to handle. Why our scores now come out on Facebook, whatever that is.
  10. A little off topic here, but who did the refinish work? I’ve got quite a few guns that are worth more to me as pretty shooting irons than original condition collectibles.
  11. Hi Double Pipe, That's a good price on the Cimarron. Where I live in Northeastern Ohio, local gun merchants want over $500. You should buy it 'cause it's an inexpensive fun gun and when you get tired of it; sell it to a cowboy shooter at a reasonable price! I use one all the time in the winter. It's good to use a different gun once in a while! Buy it as a starter gun for CAS; the price is right! Mo
  12. IMHO no possum product is edible by anything but raccoons and alley cats.
  13. How do we know they weren't both Texans?
  14. If you dont sell it and think about shipping I'd like to be in line. Need a new to me one.
  15. I would be interested if we can keep the shipping to a minimum. A ran the number through UPS came up with $48, which is insane! I don't know what size boxes would ship in but perhaps you could get it into a postal flat rate box which would cost less than 20 bucks. Unfortunately we are at opposite ends of the country. I am in zip code 98382.
  16. I always liked Ft Miller for the variety of the stages. Just checked the scores, was a decent turnout, wish I could have gotten there to visit
  17. I will never get those 2 minutes back...or the 12 seconds to write that...or the 6 seconds to write this... It’s a vicious cycle....
  18. Guess I will be making the trip... Won't get Entry sent till payday May 15th. That too late?
  19. Mounting the antenna a few inches away from the metal mast will minimize the the signal because the mast is a large ground plane. It needs to be at least a 1/4 wavelength away. Even then it will have a null in the pattern in the direction of the mast. P.S. car a marine grade car radios signal input circuits are designed for the standard automobile antennas & coax. There are extension cables that have a capacitor in series with center conductor. If you fabricate a long cable the signal strength sucks. How do I know? Been there done that. I have a cabin in the woods of Northern PRK that is 14 miles off the grid. I installed a car radio indoors & antenna 10 feet outside on the roof. I fabricated a extension cable & after connecting it the AM reception was worse than when the antenna was leaning against an inside wall. I bought a car radio extension cable which eliminated to issue. This may not be an issue if FM band is all you care about.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.