SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hey Widder, The first step is to build a new garage with a lift so you won't have to crawl around on the floor. Makes changing oil and other maintenance chores much easier. Just think of all the money & time you'll save not having to go to the Toyota dealership.
  3. Yeah, I think I'll bite the bullet (so to speak) and call Midway to buy the 42 and 42 bushings. I'll still paint the bushing, that's a good idea. Thanks again for all the good info from all yall. Coyote Kid
  4. Congrats to my friend RED KNEE. He won speed SG side match at Land Run yesterday. He bettered Matt Black, Missouri Traveler, Hells Comin, and a few other speedsters. ...........Widder
  5. WHEW... I bet that was an exciting event, of which you could have done without..... ..........Widder
  6. I know a guy in SC that just sold on done by Turnbull last WEEK!
  7. I told my old squad partner I'd bought a soldier's wife. She asked what my own wife thought of it. Said I hadn't told her. Where am I keeping this new purchase? In the bedside table. Ah, a blow up model. Ummm ... no ... I called by its wrong term ... it's not a soldier's WIFE, it's a soldier's HOUSEWIFE and it's a sewing kit! Link: Soldier's Housewife
  8. Today
  9. Dave I did the same to my 1860 Army revolvers I put a 1/4in cork wad over the powder then set the ball on top then I put 1/4in grease plug on top of the ball, I now have a chamber that is filled to the top of the cylinder Clueless Bob and I will be shooting Frontiersman at or May Monthly come on out and join us and we can talk about it
  10. I have toppled a chronograph from muzzle blast when set too close. 10’ is normal for me.
  11. Fantastic advice and information, thank you Lefty and to all that replied.
  12. I bought an ATI Commander (Philimander lol) when they first hit the market for $275 (with the coupon lol). It struggled with HPs when new, but I polished the feed ramp and put a mild bevel on the the slide where it met the disconnector (and deep cleaned and oiled it) and she runs now with damn near everything. I can't bear to sell it, actually, and if I did it would be for $400. They are reputed to not be as stout in the frame as the mainliners that sell at double the price, but shooting CAS lead .45 ACP making roughly half the muzzle energy? I'd say they might be the perfect Wild Bunch gun (on the cheap) if they can hold up. Don't have more than 300 +/- rounds through it, but again it runs w/o fuss. The local CAS guys here might let me shoot it competitively, since they are more about the fun and less about the rules. Others may chime in further, since maybe they are only good for a few thousand rounds?
  13. Interesting photoshopping. The photo is left right reversed (the U. S, ARMY tag) .MURPHY is on the wrong pocket, but somebody rereversed the tag so that it looks right.
  14. I think 10’ is the gun writing industry’s standard for muzzle energy measurements. But apparently, in long range shooting, where your chronograph is set up makes a difference. https://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/Articles/ABDOC121_VelocityDecay.pdf Here is an article about a more scientific way of setting chronographs. http://www.exteriorballistics.com/ebexplained/5th/2311.cfm If you notice in the article above they talk about a blast shield for the chronograph at the muzzle end. I think this statement explains why gun writers and others use 10’ as a distance. They don’t want to damage their chronographs.
  15. Grizz, Me too. Tracey Needham seemed a much "stronger, sure of herself" person. The only one worse was whoever was on the pilot and later a couple of episodes. Can't remember her name at all right now.
  16. I've used it at 2 different locations and no one has said anything other than how good they look, I'm sure at some point in time I'll run in to that "one guy" who will make a big deal about it but all in all it doesn't give me any real advantage other than comfort. I'm working on a bulldog blackhawk right now, have to get the barrel bobbed as I don't trust myself with something like that, also I'm almost done with an ak with a special stock made to be more lever action like, just got to get the barrel retreaded, again don't trust myself on that. Thank for the kind words, I may open a custom form and we can see what all the "can't leave it alone" nuts got, made start something...
  17. Besides, the "Greeners" used in Big Jake were not really Greeners but Crescent FA Americans - according to Internet Movie Firearms Data Base. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Big_Jake#Double_Barrel_.22Coach.22_Shotgun
  18. I hate to be a wet blanket, but that one looks like a Kyber Pass Special from Afghanistan. The bolster, where the nipple, or cone, screws in doesn't look right to me. Also, the hammer looks like it was modified for a Snyder conversion. I spent three years in Afghanistan and never did find a 1853 pattern Enfield that was all correct. I have shot in the North-South Skirmish Association off and on since 1970 and have looked at and fired a number of original Enfields. The Afghans were good about taking pieces of original guns and mating them with home grown parts. Parts of your rifle musket look correct, but others don't. Please err on the side of safety.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.