SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Nicely done? Is that wood or synthetic decking> Nice finish. Caprock
  3. I have many times- Getting the timing 'rite' on the 87 to feed all brass was a challenge. OLG
  4. Howdy Around these parts, the number of shotgun shells needed in a stage seldom exceeds six. I always check the scenarios before I leave the car. If we are having the Shotgun Run with 10 rounds or so needed, I throw my canvas shotgun belt onto my cart. Other wise it stays in the car. I generally do not like wearing a shotgun belt along with my gun belt. I have been using this rig for a long, long time. When I am wearing my belt I slide the two shotgun slides to either side of the buckle. So I always have eight shells available for six targets. If I miss so badly that I need more than two extra I will just take the misses. No, I am not such a fast shooter that it matters that for six shots I will be grabbing two shells from the 'far side' of my belt. It really does not matter for me. The hardest part is I can no longer see my shells because they are hiding under my big belly. Sorry, I can't help with where I bought these slides. I bought them a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away and don't remember who made them.
  5. 1Lt Armor M60a1 Imis no I was not lost most of the time
  6. Have not seen check clear yet, verifying that you all received my late application. Thanks

Major Bill

7. You really need to get to a match and talk to folks pard. Drop loop fancy holsters are legal for most categories. Classic Cowboy is the only one that comes to mind where the butt has to be above the gunbelt.
  8. Tombstone I think the only way that I'm going to come in first for the "Pink" contest is if I come wearing a negligee with pink fish nets and stiletto heals. Don't laugh, I've got the legs for it
  9. Once the local news media was heralding the arrival of one of our Nimitz-class aircraft carriers, and Makeup Mary sitting at the anchor desk mentioned that it had 6,000 troops on board. I wasn't aware that Army infantrymen were operating Navy ships now.
  10. The hat appears to be a size 6 7/8. 5” crown and 4” brim. Cattleman’s crease. No holes or stains. 10X. Don’t know what it’s worth. PM me an offer I can’t refuse.
  11. And the AMT Lightning had the s/n on the lower frame. I've heard rumors it was such a close copy of the Ruger, that the non-serial numbered AMT barrel assembly would fit, or was easily fitted to, the non-serial numbered Ruger grip frame assembly. I've never owned one, so never had an opportunity to try it.
  12. I actually have a hat stretcher. But I’m hat rich and don’t really need it.
  13. You're right about the handbook being confusing! I'm partial to drop loop holster/belt rigs, but I get the impression that they're only permitted in the Gunfighter or B-Western categories, and that drop loop with embellishments/tooling etc... are prohibited in the Cowboy/Cowgirl and Age-Based categories. But, if they are still permitted in the Age-Based or Cowboy/Cowgirl categories, then I would probably rather have a drop loop style rig. Then, if I eventually moved up to Gunfighter or B-Western, I wouldn't have to invest in a whole new rig to compete in those categories.
  14. Congratulations to my wife Dew R Dye on winning her 12th Ladies overall Tennessee State Championship on her first 2 day match back after a 1 year layoff from major neck surgery ! Congratulations to my Son Mr. Black on his Men’s overall Tennessee State Championship And a 3rd place overall clean match finish at the Wartrace Regulators match! ( “he was only 5 years old when his Mom won her first TN title in 2005” They both over came many challenges in the past 2 years of the cowboy game from a major surgery and 3 hour plus drives just too shoot a monthly match “for the love of the game , thank you Wartrace Regulators & Outlaw Camp ! They will be at the South Eastern Regional Ambush at Caverns Cove Alabama this year as the Tennessee state champions hope to see you all there!
  15. Today
  16. Great Idea Forty Rod... kind of like my "meeting pen". I tend to take this one to meetings I dont really want to be part of...
  17. Yeah, I know I ma. I just returned from Las vegas where my son married one of the finest women I ever met, a wonderful black woman. I toasted the couple and told the audience (about 140 people) that I now considered he to be my family, my new daughter. I then announced that her family is now my family, too and then said "Now I know that many of you will be surprised and mortified that you are now Scots-Irish and Italian." I wasn't sure how that would be taken but it sure got a lot of laughter and applause. It was great weekend. Yeah, I'm a white supremist.....in a pig's ass.
  18. This is where someone trots out that old saying, "Speed is fine; accuracy is final". Honestly - misses are WAY over emphasized/ penalized in our game. Shooter A shoots twice in 1 second - misses with both. And then 1/2 second later hits the target with shot three. Shooter B shoots his first shot at the two second mark but hits the target. Somehow shooter B is the superior shooter? By SASS math; yes. Not by real world math - the bad guy was engaged/ dispatched 1/2 second faster by shooter A than Shooter B. I wouldn't mind seeing an all hit stage 10-10-4 20 targets - must use at least one round from each type gun. Only required to discharge 20 rounds. Firearms restaged with rounds in them (action open) are a no call. Lowest time to get to 20 hits wins. No penalty for misses - reload if necessary until you hit all 20. Then we can actually determine the importance of accuracy versus speed.
  19. I'm with ya TB, great fun, cannot say enough about all the great people of the Wartrace Regulators who worked their butts off putting on a great match.
  20. PM me your Cell# and I will send them to you in a text. kR
  21. How about putting those products out in .50 caliber cartridge look-alikes made out of aluminum. That should cause a lot of heart attacks and a lot of laughter.
  22. The club I am shooting with is SASS affiliated and we are following the SASS handbook and our TG does a very good job to keep us updated about rule changes. Due to the small size of the CAS community here in Switzerland, we do not split the few participants to categories (of course, each shooter has to conform to a SASS category). However, there's one main event every year in Germany some of us are participating (and hopefully me in the future, too). The match is held by BDS (Bund Deutscher Sportschützen) and I am referring to their rule book "bds_spo_western_13-10-2016". The list below shows the categories covered by that rule book. While the most of them will sound familiar to everyone and are in fact identical to all SASS requirements, there are three additional categories, called 1880 BP, 1880 NC and 1870, which have more severe requirements regarding outfit, firearm models and ammunition, targeting a more traditional style of Old West. Young Guns/Young Lady, 14-17 yrs (cal .22lr only) Cowboy/Cowgirl, 18-35 yrs Wrangler/Lady Wrangler, 36-48 yrs 49er/Lady 49er, 49-59 yrs Seniors/Lady Seniors, 60-64 yrs Silver Seniors/Lady Silver Seniors, 65-69 yrs Elder Statesman/Grand Dame, >70 yrs Duelist Senior Duelist, >60 yrs Gunfighter Senior Gunfighter >60 yrs Frontier Cartridge Frontier Cartridge Duelist Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter „B“-Western Classic Cowboy Frontiersman 1880 Black Powder 1880 Nitro Cartridge 1870 One of those requirements is the mentioned use of only single shot shell loops, W2.5.2 (all other categories are not affected). I personally like the idea of those categories, as there are imho a couple more interesting restrictions, e.g. in 1880: Power factor has to exceed 120, no short strokes allowed, revolver model types prior to 1890 and true to original (that means no Rugers), no metal or plastic or whatever stabilizing inlays in the holsters. The outfit requirements are quite the same as with Classic Cowboys, but also other "characters" from that era such as soldiers, gamblers etc. are allowed as long the look is authentic.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.