SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Did not need to go there to find corrupt politicians....They are kinda local too....Spent a year at King Salmon...Ruff duty....Did nothing but fish all summer... Texas Lizard
  3. Dub and Dumber.....Owen Wilson's toilet scene, never laughed so hard in my life.
  4. I know the pain of water leaks. Bathtub faucet in a bathroom I seldom use started leaking. No structural damage but got a 400.00 water bill.
  5. Blaze - your Personal Message box is full of messages...clear it out some and I'll send my phone number. Thanks, GJ
  6. Kimber makes a Super Match II 1911 now. I don't see the model you bought that was made in 2004. But, 1911 parts are highly interchangeable. I've got two new extractors I'll bring, as it does sound like an extractor problem could be your situation. I'll bring my extractor tuner kit, too. Stones and tension gauge and trigger pull gauge (used to measure the tension). I do not have a slide release. I find I get over 100K rounds from a slide release, so I don't have a spare right now. I've got a ton of Tripp mags with me at all times, I believe Jim Bowie is coming to BT with his portable work trailer. He may be your best bet for a quick and accurate turn-around. Check out there Monday..... If I can help, I'm willing to try. But I got a feeling you are starting a little too late to get this gun running well for BT. I'll PM you my mobile number. Should be at the Territorial RV park after 7 PM on Monday. Good luck, GJ
  7. That right there looks like a northern prairie dog...
  8. Stripes was one of those movies that should have ended a half hour before it did
  9. And no, Okie, I did not go to the urologist.
  10. pietta, wherever you are... PLEASE MAKE THIS!!!!
  11. Today
  12. Ok, that's a Ruger-esque type setup. Same same applies as far as setup goes. The hand spring is a "frame mounted" coil and plunger just as the Ruger (and most everyone else . . . including me!!! Lol!). The #35 spring in the view is the combination bolt/trigger spring (hand spring and plunger are #47 +#48). Mike
  13. At the Turkeyfoot Cowboys range earlier this year we built a wall just like what you're asking about. We used 4x6s, the 6 is the width of the wall. We screwed 3/4" plywood to each side and filled the cavity with sand but pea gravel would work too. Topped it off with a metal. Works great. Lanky Frame
  14. I use the belt keepers that are left over from my Sam Brown.
  15. If you don't PM him or quote him, he may not get a notice. I have noticed that on my items for sale.
  16. Thank you Joe for the info. I will answer each paragraph as best I can. It is a Kimber Match Grade full size 1911, mfg 2004, I've had it for 7 years and probably have shot 15000 rounds, the slide release appears normal size. The last major jam I had the spent cartridge was horizonal with a live round underneath it, it was jammed so tight I couldn't get it into slide lock. I mentioned the slide release because occasionally after I ram home a mag during a re-load it the slide moves forward without me engaging the slide lock. Thank you very much for offering or the use of your backup, but my policy has always been to not borrow fire arms. As far as the ammo I've checked and re-checked my procedures in re-loading, and I always put each round through a case gage prior to use. I've changed mags from McCormik to Kimber and numbered them to see if it was one particular mag causing the problem, to no avail. I checked the Bordertown WB list of who is coming and saw that Bogus Deal wasn't coming. Would it out of line if I asked you to bring the parts, assuming you have them, and taking a look at my Kimber? I realize you are shooting both matches and you probably have your schedule all worked out, if not don't concern yourself as I understand you are here to shoot, not to fix someone' pistol. Regards Blaze
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.