SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. My dehydrator is over 20 years old and only takes an hour and a half to dry the brass. I do empty the water out of them first!
  3. Unless it's changed, about 4 1/2 years back, these were ruled ineligible for either a main match revolver or a side match revolver, even with the 3 1/2" barrel.
  4. My gal picked up two of them at church rummage sales for $5.00 each. One of was used but still had box and directions, the other was unused in original box with directions. I don't have a water based rotary tumbler, they are going to get used for dried meats and jerky. I realize that garage sales, rummage sales and the like are more numerous around my location but I see dehydrators at thrift stores and garage type sales all the time. Something to keep an eye out for.
  5. I would disagree on being able to tell exactly what target was missed, especially on a round count stage. If I see dirt fly, a tree hit etc and there is no visible or likely (or possible) edger it’s gonna be a miss. I will give shooter every benefit of the doubt, but no doubt = no benefit! i generally can tell you which target was missed, but not always. I would agree that spotter should be able to say rifle or pistol miss
  6. Keep your eyes open for a food dehydrator at tag sales etc.
  7. Slightly used, NON-THREADED, STRAIGHT FLUTED, Tactical Solutions, BLUE performance x-ring 16.5" barrel, for Ruger 10/22's. For more info contact my FFL @: sonny45@gmail.com
  8. This is a smoking hot deal for someone wanting to get into long range. Accessories alone are worth nearly half the price.
  9. I used to use the oven. But my wife fussed about it. I bought one of these. happy wife = happy life! https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020626313?pid=758312
  10. I really wish I could squeeze this into my schedule but 2025 I’ll be retired with plenty of time!!
  11. A while back I was telling a few here that I had a few CCI LRP not working in some 45-70 loads I worked up. I was very frustrated as I had 60 more that I loaded and was afraid they wouldn’t go boom. I finally got around to pulled a few of the cases that ftf. I was mystified because the primer was clearly decomposed and the powder was clumped up and sticky. I let the cases sit open for a few days due to my work load. When I came back to them the powder was flaky like it was supposed to be. I pulled another and it was clumpy but it dried within a few hours. I initially thought resizing lube had contaminated the powder and primer. After seeing the powder go from clumping to loose and flaky, I think I still had water from wet tumbling in them. I shook the rest and could hear the powder shifting so I think they’re good. I have since added time in the oven at 170 degrees to all my brass processing, if I need it soon. Lesson learned.
  12. NIGHT SHOOT!!! Night shoot!!!! You will have sooooo much fun!! Tommy and I will be there! You have made family stuff a priority enough! You get THIS one! LOL! Bring Laura! Here’s @Ruff Kut shooting the night shoot! IMG_8589.mov I really hope you can make it! Hugs! Scarlett
  13. That happened to me with some 32 HR mag cartridges - changed bullet profile cause it was what I had but they wouldn’t chamber all the way. Didn’t do what @Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 does - reseated and had that sliver of lead around mouth. They chambered FINE! It was unloading them that was a pain. I was at a match so I got my handy dandy pocket knife and removed the offending sliver! Fortunately, I did NOT have 600! I am usually smarter than that - you change one thing - you CHECK that it’s gonna work. Lesson learned! Big hugs! Scarlett
  14. *Not Applicable In california* *Shoplifting below $950/day not subject to arrest.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.