SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. As usual, I agree with half of what you said. Widder is not right!
  3. Had a lot of good years in MN, got out just in time to have pleasant memories.
  4. ...Where people are highly ignorant about single action revolvers? To give you an idea of the obstacles I'm up against: •Holsters must fully cover the trigger. How do I talk around this? Most if not all of my single action holsters have some if not all of the trigger exposed. I have tried to emphasize tension on the cylinder as a safety feature in the holster. •Lack of firearms knowledge: When I said I shot a competition firing a gun in each hand (gun fighter)...a gentleman while looking at me dead serious and asked, "How do you cock them?" I was floored. I did the motions in the air and he got the picture. The details of his background would shock you in light of this question. I am beginning to believe that the term "firearms instructor" is not the mantle of expertise so many see it as. It would appear even more true when "law enforcement" is paired up with this deceptive term. They recently opposed the idea to allow fully automatic fire, yet okayed bump stocks and binary triggers at fully cyclic rate. At a bare minimum I am trying to get a waiver from the board of directors to draw from western style holsters so I can at least practice somewhat and which can open the door to development of interest in SASS-like shooting at the club. Steel shooting is a sensitive topic due to the many "experts" that are quite certain that rounds get out of the range due to pepper poppers being double and triple tapped...because everyone can and does this all the time. Please help me figure a way to sell this. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
  5. Somebody can't count. One, obnoxious other driver Two, daughter's boyfriend Three, traffic cop Four, car thief Trilogy??
  6. F/S Horseshoe Gun Rack Hooks 6 pc. Set, Alum. , Vintage Aluminum, have nubs on back of the "holding" shoe to set it off from the wall, see pic of side view. Needs new leather strips on a couple (if you go that route) $45 shipped to you in the USA
  7. So far, I am loving them. I am using them at an annual match in May. That will ring them out and see if any bugs. While I have around 500 rounds of 200 grain .44 Colt ammo for my Dave Anderson (Pre0 AFF) 1860 Type I Richards conversions, it seemed like blasphemy to shoot anything other than .44 Russian in them. I still had about 700 rounds of .44 Russian brass from when I had an orignal No. 3 Russian and later a pair of Open Tops in .44 that I shot Russian through. I got the .44 Russian/.44 Special 246 grain conical round nose bullets from bear Creek and loaded up about 600 rounds. So far, I've shot about 50 rounds through each with no problems. I have been researching the American for a pair of Cowboy Chronicle articles on Cimarron's American. Part One, the history is already in Sjinny's hands to publish in the next Chronicle. I am working on part two, about Cimarrons guns themselves, as we speak. Most do not know that Wyatt Earp actually used a No. 3 American Model, 8" barreled Smith & Wesson in the Gunfight at the OK Corral. There were many famous Westerners who liked the Americans: John Westley Hardin, Dallas SToudenmire, Texas Jack OMuhondru, Buffalo Bill Codt, Wyatt Earp, etc.
  8. I would like to attend the shoot but cannot find an application. Is the shoot going to happen? I can't find anything on the SASS Home Page. I know my computer is getting old, like me, but I'm still "functional". It happens every Memorial Day Weekend. Hellgate
  9. A combination die seats and crimps in one die. You are using two dies, at two stations. So, seat less deep, put mouth at the middle of the crimp groove. Then crimp less - just enough that you can see a turn in, you are smashing a heavy crimp in from the pictures. good luck, GJ
  10. This was the name of the SASS Florida State Championship match for many years. We are preparing to reintroduce “The Last Stand” (TLS) for 2025. The Roughshod Raiders is planning to host TLS the first weekend of April (the 3rd-6th) 2025 at Shoot GTR in Gainesville, FL. We will endeavor to present the highest level of Cowboy, Action, and Shooting that we can create. Several of the original TLS committee members along with many newer Florida shooters are combining our experience and enthusiasm to make next year’s Florida State match one to put on your calendar! More details to follow soon… Delta Glen, Santa Fe River Stan, Arcadia Outlaw and the TLS Committee
  11. Some potholes have been around so long, new forms of life have evolved.
  12. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pilot-reported-fire-onboard-plane-carrying-fuel-attempted-to-return-to-fairbanks-just-before-crash/ar-AA1nBgtu?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=56342ce332db40e88a552e1245310ff3&ei=19&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR24inCFpNfOb7OshxpvOQ8BgHfsU9JbKvetCTLPLlqyQ85EGH8jDIwszrs_aem_AZOByYXUvqf-xILOIxLtvDvugE-wzsK0bE9uE2IsS6P48YRIrF556SvlIY7l1S8JCLgOp5ccs5Bw6ZK8lQl7cDAh ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — One of the two pilots of a vintage military plane that was delivering heating oil to a remote Alaska Native village reported a fire on board shortly before the aircraft crashed and burned outside Fairbanks, killing both of them and leaving debris over a wide area, a federal transportation official said Wednesday. The C54D-DC airplane — a military version of the World War II-era Douglas DC-4 aircraft — crashed about 7 miles (11 kilometers) outside Fairbanks. It hit a steep hill, slid down an embankment to the bank of the Tanana River and burst into flames. No survivors were found, according to Alaska State Troopers.
  13. well , channel 45 in the twin cities air carol burnett , all in the family , and a number of other reruns , i like watching the old perry masson and twilight zone as well as alfred hitchcock
  14. yes , me too and we did everything ourselves till this year , i did the first bath and told her i was too old for this now - so we have hired out the second two , thats whats taking so long , the one i did tooh me a couple weeks , these two are going on two months and she is getting ansi to be done - one nearly is but it just seems there is always one more thing , we have one more that we shall put off a bit till the pocketbook recovers a little and we rethink the approach ,
  15. Same here, combo die seats the bullet and then the last station does the crimping. TM
  16. I have found reloading life to be more pleasant down the decades when I sort first by manufacturer and then case length. By caliber, without question.
  17. Not really sure. I don't notice it until I take it our of the tray and put it in the case gauge. TM
  18. Lo Bueno Lo Malo y Lo Feo
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.