SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. +1 to those advocating paper cartridges. It just makes loading faster and you only have to carry a small box or pouch of cartridges, and caps. Get's you back to your posse faster. It's been stated that yes, it takes time beforehand to load up the paper carts, but it doesn't take that much time. Most people are reloading metallic cartridges and don't seem to complain. Loading paper is WAY faster and easier than loading brass. In an hour, you can have all the paper cartridges you'll need for a match. Watch two episodes of Bonanza while you're loading and you'll be done.
  3. As a former “one and done” contestant on the show I can tell you that pushing that damn button first is the hardest part of the game. On the game I was on all three of us knew most of the answers but the frustrating thing was to try to time it so you pressed the buzzer just as the light (visible only to the players) came on when Alex finishes asking the question/answer. It was maddening finding out that what I had believed to be a mostly intellectual exercise as also such an important physical one as well. Of course anyone who’s seen me shoot a match could have predicted what happened to me! Seamus
  4. I don't remember the part of the Bill of Rights that says these amendments only apply if you pay a fee to earn them and keep them. I thought the 2nd Amendment was a restriction on the government, not on the People.
  5. Even if he's wrong? In my example the TO was wrong for giving a minor safety penalty! So his job is to make calls that could be wrong and we all have to accept it? SO the shooter can't ask questions and or challenge the TO on his call? The shooter is the only one who knows his intent. The rest are guessing at what they think the shooter thought when he shot the stage. I agree with if you see it call it. But in my example 4 people didn't see the P and only the TO is calling it. If there is some confusion on the call wouldn't a prudent TO discuss it with the spotters and maybe he gets convinced he's wrong? Again all I'm saying is TO's can and have been wrong. Ike
  6. Exactly! We never saw the guys pull ours out. I was at work and my wife was out. It just happened! They even laid down boards so there wouldn't be any ruts or divots in the yard. Most of it was already firewood length too.
  7. Found this post in another forum. It’s long but interesting information about primers and primer testing. https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/it-dont-go-bang-fires-misfires-hangfires-and-short-order-cooks.850720/
  8. Because that's his job. Let's look at this from a different angle. If I'm a spotter and I see a miss when the TO and two other spotters don't see one I'm calling it. I don't care what anyone else says, if I see something I'm calling it. And by the way, I couldn't care less what the shooter has to say.
  9. I was working on a project and ordered 500 cases of 38 Short Colt which was the smallest order available from Starline. I only needed 200 cases so I am selling the remainder of 300 cases for $45.00 plus $6,.00 shipping CONUS. Thanks for looking. DC
  10. Anything's Ok with us, Jack. If you need to make an early departure; let us know so we can help! Mo
  11. While we’re on the subject of great CAS songs about pards gettin’ in trouble with Mexican saloon girls let’s also pay homage to Jay and the Americans great classic “Come a Little Bit Closer” wherein the hero actually survives by bolting through a window when Bad Man Jose (what a great SASS Alias, has anyone taken it yet?) shows up to claim his woman. The only casualty is the poor cowboy’s drink he dropped from his hand. Otherwise a reasonably happy ending! Seamus
  12. Those short cable locks would make good saps
  13. As the title says, looking for a brass 1873 Carrier for 45C rifle. Doesnt need to be pretty as i'm going to skeletonize it, just needs to not be worn out. Would prefer to pay via paypal, zelle, or google pay for quicker deal making!
  14. The young man that Tyrel had arrested cursed him a blue streak for a solid 30 minutes before he could figure out just who he was. The boy's Pa had just bought the Hoover place ans he was gonna be sorry for doing this to him; Tyrel couldn't get the family name out of him, only that the boys name was Russ. Exasperated, he finally left him, still cursing and headed down to the Saloon for a quick bite to eat and then on to the telegraph office to send a message: Blackwater. Trouble brewing at Stone Creek. Come loaded for bear ASAP. -Tyrel Tyrel never knew what hit him. As he stepped out of the telegraph office one of the rough dudes that had passed Calico on the way out hit Tyrel with a 2x4 he had found leaned up in the alley. Once down, both kicked him several times and beat him nearly to death. "Grab his keys and let's get Russ outta here!"
  15. Because those are our rules. It has been posted numerous times on this thread the options available to the shooter. It may not be us that cant wrap our heads around something. The TO does not HAVE to talk spotters into seeing a P. It doesn't matter what the spotters see or do not see. If the TO sees a P, he or she calls it regardless of what the spotters see. Again, it has been posted a bunch of times on this very thread the shooters' options. Hmm. Did you get the story also from the TO and spotters? I would hope so. I would also hope the only thing you took off was the msv or it will be you who has some lessons learned. Just saying. Dont really know why I felt the need to chime in, just got tired of seeing the same posts I guess.
  16. Sorry to hear that. Sometimes when it rains it pours. Just remember that all things are temporary, including the bad stuff. As for me, I'd probably cut off the Marlin just so I could re-use the lock!
  17. Hey Willi Them there guns look to me more like Bisley .... rather than Birds ... N-Nice Sox
  18. The corollary is also true... one way to get a girl is to be friendly to the fat ones. Unfortunately we are a shallow society obsessed with looks.
  19. A drivers license is not a fee to travel. In fact technically you do not even need a license to own a car... provided it never leaves your own property. The license allows you to use public roads and verifies that you actually know how to operate a vehicle so that you don't get others killed while out on the roadway. But if you own your own 100-acre spread you can let your 12yo drive a car on it as long as he knows how. I equate carry permits to drivers licenses. But a license just to buy a gun and keep it in your own house? That's silly.
  20. https://www.boredpanda.com/how-to-get-men-1950s-dating-article-magazine-mccalls/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
  21. Today
  22. I was thinking drivers' license - a fee that most folks pay in order to be able to travel.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.