SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Shooter should have declared the malfunction and safely grounded the revolver. TO should have waited until the end of the stage to verify the position of the unfired round in the cylinder (SDQ if under the hammer). If the TO had simply advised the shooter to safely stage the revolver instead of reholstering it, THAT would have been considered "proper coaching" to avoid the possibilty of a SDQ = No RESHOOT. Shooter should have appealed the miscall up the chain of command & received a RESHOOT for RO interference: SHB p.20
  4. yes - we have had a good many years here going on 40+ for me over half ,my life but we are talking of leaving - they tax our SS and we are older with a large house thats a lot of work now , we are looking to move as soon as grandkids come of age , a lear or so - work in progress , that channel carries all my westerns - rifleman , ponderosa , wagon train , gunsmoke , green acres , petticoat junction , beverly hillbillys , mayberry , im sure there are others in times ive never watched , all the things i remember asa a kid as well as those i watched later , some i never watched - a lot of B&W , i watched them on B*W TVs that didnt get color ....whats not in color today ? im watching it mostly these days ,
  5. thanks - i was the fallen and i cant get up guy last fall , - i always scoffed at that as i had never experienced brady cardia ...........now i understand , you guys work hard - took three to get me out of the house and still broke something my wife put back together so no problem , thanks to all that do the EMT work , it made my episode much easier , u laterally could not get to the car when my wife was wanting to take me in , i wont scoff at the fall and i cant get up again , im not sure why others might experience it but with bradycardia you literally are sleeping while wide awake and you can move but you have nothing to stand /walk / do anything but sit or lie in whatever position you are in , i fif not realize it came n slow - i kept getting tired faster and with less efforts , i just said i was getting old and less capable , now im able and i can , im not 50 again but im not yet 75 either - thats next year , i have more energy and can operate normal again , i still dont like ladders but i can again climb one without getting woozy , not that i wantto ,
  6. Launched in 1977, it’s now 15 billion miles from earth. It took 5 months to fix a glitch in its computers. Think about that, the computers aboard are over 47 years old, and the engineers communicate with it using 1977 computers and their ancient language from earth. A stunning achievement! https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Technology/nasa-voyager-1-spacecraft-sending-readable-data-back-earth/story?id=109572983
  7. Anzac Day 2024 Dad was in the A.I.F 2/7th Commando's. he did his Commando Training at the Guerrilla Warfare School at Wilsons Promontory in Victoria and Queensland before shipping out to New Guinea, the 2/7th Commando Company was formed in May of 1942. They all signed that they would undertake suicide missions if asked. He was a forward scout for his section, the day he turned 19 in the jungles of New Guinea they defeated numerous frontal Japanese attacks and he saw almost continuous heavy action against the Japanese in the Ramu Valley, Wewak, Wau and Bena where the 2/7th Commandos conducted long range patrol and reconnaissance operations to harass the Japanese. The Commando Companies were at first issued Thompson .45acp caliber submachine guns. Later they were issued the Owen Submachine gun in 9mm caliber. The Commandos didn't favour them as they didn't have the stopping power of the bigger .45acp round, every time they came in contact with and American unit who were fascinated with the Owens, they quickly did trades of their Owens for Thompsons. He brought home two Samurai swords taken from two dead Japanese officers, even though the two swords lived on top of their wardrobe Mum was always terrified my older brothers would get them down and hurt themselves, so Dad donated them to Bomaderry RSL and they were in the foyer until the RSL closed down. He came home with a lot health problems and was in and out of Concord Repatriation Hospital a lot through my childhood. Mums only sibling her brother Ron was a Corporal in the RAAF and was shot down by a Japanese Zero over the coast of Rabaul, there were no survivors and a rescue plane only found an oil slick on the water where his bomber and crew went down. My Grandfather (Mums Dad) was a Sergeant in the RAAF at the time he lost his only son, he later went onto become a Wing Commander in the RAAF. The Australian Govt gave my Grandmother (Mums Mother) the medal to denote that she had given one son for Australia. My Dad's great Uncle was an Australian Trooper in the Boer War (I have his spurs). My Dad's Uncle was gassed in the trenches in France in WWI, he was repatriated back to Australia and lived only to 35. My Dad's brother also was in the A.I.F and served in New Guinea. Dad's cousin was in the A.I.F and a Rat of Tobruk. My brother was in 1 Commando Company (1 Cdo Coy). My nephew was an Australian Artillery Army Captain and served in Iraq. A note - The Family business was Dale & Sons Tannery in Botany started in Armidale in 1887 and moved to Botany in 1898, because leather was such an important item for Australia's war effort it was a protected industry, meaning that non of the workers had to enlist. All my relatives working at the Tannery through all of Australia's conflicts signed up and served. The photos below are of Dad's medals and the hat band with the 'Double Diamond' patch off his slouch hat that he wore in New Guinea. Photo of my Uncle Ron and Grandfather Stan and their medals. Plaque commemorating Ron's sacrifice. The medal 'awarded' to my grandmother for her sacrifice of her only son. My brother Gary Dale. My nephew Cooper Dale. LEST WE FORGET
  8. just make the big one and freeze the rest for next weeks busy day when you dont want to cook ,
  9. Sheila Jackson Lee asked NASA if the Mars Rover could go to where the Apollo astronauts walked. I think we have a winner.
  10. no , i dont , my wife does on her phone but im still a hands on guy thatrt would rather have a code ....as much as i hate all the passwords i cant remember im always having to change them and write them down to remember and now my phone disconnected from my email accoumt for no reason at all , im pi$$ed
  11. Does anyone use this type of lock for safe or gun box in car??? Need some thoughts on them...I, at this do not use them....Not 100% sold on them... Texas Lizard
  12. If you get a thermometer, get a Thermopen. My Wife bought me one and I could no longer do without it.
  13. Howdy Texas, I noticed a similar problem while loading my .45 Colt mixed brass. I seat and taper crimp separately. I measured my mixed cases and found that, having set up my crimp station with some of the shorter cases, the longer cases were being over crimped. Trimmed all the cases that were long and the problem went away. By the way, I use a Lyman two step "M" expanding die adjusted to just let the bullet fit the case mouth with almost no "belling". Then with the taper crimp, the case mouth is worked as little as possible. With Cowboy level loads my case life is almost infinite. I can't remember more that a few split cases in 20 years. This is using light, but not gamer, level loads. Rev. Chase
  14. Thanks for the idea. I stopped using my Sonic cleaner because it took so long for the cases to completely dry. DUH!
  15. Someone should stampede a herd of cattle through that camp.
  16. Cooking thermometers are your friend. As a guesstimate, with nothing else to guide me, I would cook the reduced size dish to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. At least I would be sure it was hot enough to kill any pathogens (bacteria, viruses, fungal spores, and parasites) that might be present. And I could use that attempt to guide future cooking parameters.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.