SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I’ve got a pair of factory rubber you can have for the postage, let me know if you want ‘em.
  3. You clearly missed several steps. First, I see no side salad as a starter to go with the shake. Next, a filet mignon with sides of mashed potatoes and tender-crisp sautéed vegetables. And then a desert. You were on the right track making two shakes, but likely need a third to go with the rest of the ingredients. For balance in your diet. Keep trying, you are on the right track.
  4. Get yourself a video camera and film yourself as much as possible. Especially dry fire practice. This will let you see areas that need improvement and Identify anything that could lead to bad habits.
  5. I've had some misfires with Rem primers and discovered that they are a little harder to seat with a 550. I checked and had about 10% with primers not seated all the way. I talked with another shooter that used Rem primers and he had the same problem. kR
  6. We had a stage last weekend Nevada sweep starting in the middle. Loved it. kR
  7. More likely a couple of brain cells. kR
  8. suppressor....silencer magazine...clip I use them interchangeably, but I'm a barbarian, so what do I know.
  9. Me dear Pappy would get a cardboard can of "Flowers of Sulfur" (powdered sulfur) at the drug store. We'd dust our pants cuffs with sulfur to keep off ticks. Looking at your reversed tape dodge ... can't argue with results ... I'll give that a try, and thank you for it!
  10. When the others are finished would be fine. Let me know before you send anything as I want to be home if you ship them. We are going to Kansas and then Oklahoma state. kR
  11. Today
  12. I went the single cup route. Good for a single cup, and less storage space taken You foam for the cappuccino. Good stuff, either way, but I won't judge. I would enjoy a larger espresso maker like the one you posted. Yes, you do. It really isn't that much more work, and worth the effort. Definitely go the burr route, though. Much more consistent grind. I stop short of being like a doctor I served with in the Guard who roasted his own beans. That's too much even for me.
  13. https://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/3410 Annie Oakley museum. Greenville Ohio
  14. How many do you need. I have to look...but I think I have like 3 factory ones I have replaced. Not doing me much good. I would go 40 plus shipping for a pair of them
  15. Talk about transition and all this stuff all day I’m trying to absorb all this like a sponge. . And then I’m gonna hopefully sit down this weekend and try a little bit of everything and see what works best for me and practice practice practice
  16. GW looks to be a round butt as in the picture above needs a whole lot of love
  17. MEANWHILE, IN THE BACK STAIRWAY Sarah Lynne McKenna gripped Jacob Keller's hand, turned her head, looked at him. "He doesn't realize we're both his woods colts, you know." "I know." "Mama suspects. I think your Mama does too." "Reckon so." "Mama implied he found a family Bible, but she stopped talking when she saw I was looking at her and listening closely." "That's where you get it." "Get what?" Jacob grinned. "Little Sis," he said quietly, for the back stairway was hushed, and the softest voice was plainly heard, "your Mama can listen to someone talking and she can just fade into the wall and not be seen!" Sarah swatted at his shoulder: "Who you calling little sis, little brother?" Jacob let it pass: they knew early that they were the get of that pale eyed lawman, even if he didn't seem to realize it; there was doubt as to Jacob's actual age, and of Sarah's, though Bonnie implied that Sarah's birthday would be found out. "Sarah, when you're with people, you have the gift of disappearing," Jacob said, his voice suddenly serious. "That's a gift and that's how to find things out, just listen and don't be noticed." "I know." Her hand tightened on his. "I'm glad you're here, Jacob." "So am I." She felt him take a deep breath, saw him turn his head and grin. "It feels good to have family." Sarah's hand tightened in his. "Yes," she agreed. "Yes, it does." Sarah's eyes drifted down to the landing, rested on a varnished wood panel. "I used to hide in there," she said softly. Jacob looked at her, looked at the several wood panels, all varnished, all identical. "The Silver Jewel wasn't ... respectable then." Jacob nodded. "Mama was ... upstairs ... and when my Daddy came in he'd get drunk and beat the working girls. If he wasn't hurting me he was ignoring me, and they ... the girls ... they would bath me and patch my dress and fix my hair and put a ribbon in it ... they said I was the only sunshine in their lives." Sarah's voice was haunted, her eyes distant and filled with ghosts. Jacob ran his arm around his half-sister's shoulders, pulled her close: she laid her head over on his shoulder, shivered. "I'm glad you're here, Jacob." "I am too." Sarah sighed. "Jacob?" "Hm?" "Angela was asking me why bad men wanted to do bad things to her Daddy." Jacob turned his head toward her a little, listening closely. "She didn't want to talk about it with her Mama so she talked with me." "Pa said it is" -- he hesitated, lifted his chin, pale eyes searching the opposite wall for the right words -- "a mark of significant trust," he quoted with a smile, looked back at Sarah -- "for a little child to confide in us." Sarah smiled -- it was a soul-deep smile, the kind that shines from within -- "Jacob," she whispered, "you sound just like him!" Jacob shrugged. "Can't imagine why." "What did you tell her?" "When she asked me why bad men wanted to do bad things to her Daddy?" Sarah took a long breath, sighed it out: she looked sadly at Jacob. "I told her that ... when you put someone in prison, they don't forget you, and their families do not forget you, and their partners do not forget you." Jacob raised an eyebrow, nodded. "What did she say?" "She looked surprised -- like the thought honestly never occurred to her -- she said 'Oh,' and that seemed to satisfy her." Jacob nodded, chewed on his bottom lip. "Jacob, what is she like? At home, as a sister?" Jacob smiled, just a little. "It's like living with a glowing sunflower," he almost whispered. "She's never still, she's always smiling, she'll run up and give me a big hug, or she'll be talking nonstop to The Bear Killer while they're walking ..." Sarah saw the memories shine inside him, and she smiled to see them. "I'm glad you have her." "Me too." Silence, then: "Jacob, what's this I hear about a man killed with an ax?" Jacob was quiet for a long moment, his jaw slid out as he considered -- just like his father! Sarah thought. "You said something about not bein' forgot when you send someone to prison." Sarah nodded, her eyes big. "I heard a fellow talkin' quiet, how he figured to backshoot Pa. "I followed him, watched him ... he tried two or three places and he settled on one, and a good place for bush whack it was." "And you killed him." "Damn right." Jacob's eyes were a shade more pale now. "He was layin' for my Pa. "I didn't want to up and shoot him -- I could have, I could've blowed the eyeballs out of his skull from behind -- Pa said he kilt men durin' the War with an ax an' one was handy. "I saw Pa comin' along and I faded back and eased attair broad ax out of its chunk and I waited. "He fetched up his rifle and didn't have it fair to shoulder when I stepped up behint where he was down on one knee, and I clove him from crown to teeth. "He never twitched. "I taken his rifle and his proud-ofs, I unsaddled his horse and took his saddle bags." "Won't they blame whoever owned the ax?" "Place is abandoned. Nobody's been there for a year. I'm surprised that ax was still stuck in the chunk." "Did you know the man?" "Only that Pa sent him off to prison an' he'd made his brags he was gonna kill that pale eyed son of a sheepherder for sendin' him away." " 'Son of a sheepherder?' " she quoted, shaking her head. "Jacob, if he's going to say that about our Papa, I'm glad you killed him!"
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.