SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Last year I made a road trip from Tucson Az. to Columbus Oh. When I told the guys at work I had bought a new Atlas, they looked at me like I'm crazy, (they all think that anyway). As for road side assistance, I have that as part of my Car Insurance, and I can still call them on my flip phone. As for unlocking the doors..... I don't worry about it because I usually don't HAVE doors
  3. I'm so sorry we lost Judge. I was at the Georgia match when I heard the bad news. I just shot with him in April and he seemed to be getting stronger. I'll sure miss him. God bless Cindy and the rest of the family.
  4. Someone asked Calamity, "how do you like your whisky'? Calamity, "un-drunk".
  5. Pretty much the same in Tucson. I occasionally get asked if I work at Old Tucson, but more often I get asked to pose for pictures with the tourists. I think it's the gunbelt that they like.
  6. Older folks and young children seem to react pretty favorably when they see SASS folks dressed up. I gave a youngster an extra badge once and made him a deputy. His parents seemed pleased. Older folks react to their youth and the westerns they saw on TV. At a SASS dinner in NJ one year attendees from another dinner next door came over to look and thought it looked like fun.
  7. How about elk with bark removed? Grashorn does a great job making them look close to ivory
  8. dont want to step on any ones toes if that deal falls thru let me know
  9. Calamity Kris was at Clara's cafe helping her clean up after the meal. As soon as they were done, Calamity excitedly sat Clara down and told her about the wonderful gift from Reverend Keller. "Clara you won't believe what Reverend Keller gave me. Why it's more money than I've ever seen." Clara stared at Calamity wide eyed and asked "What are you going to do with it?" The smile ran away from Calamity's face as she looked down at the table. "I think I'm going to give it back. I wouldn't want Reverend Keller to do without just so I could stock my shop. That's not right." Clara nodded in agreement. "The towns folk, led by Rye, have done a wonderful job of rebuilding the shop so all I have to do is restock it", continued Calamity. "Have you said anything to Reverend Keller about this?", asked Clara. Calamity nodded no. Just then, both ladies caught sight of a shadow that moved outside the window. There was no reason for anyone to be walking along that side of the cafe as the sidewalk leads to the back door. Had someone been listening to their conversation, were they lying in wait or something else............
  10. Very inexpensive. A quick search and I found several 9mm going for $220~ new.
  11. That and AAA have served me well in the past. Hope I never need them again.
  12. Or when activist stop using it to try and make a point.
  13. I have been using one for years. Same gun as all the other Baikal single triggers. Never had a problem with it. They can be very stiff when new, but can be slicked up to work great.
  14. Buffy will disappear about the same time, ants, cockroaches, mosquitoes, coyotes, and useless idiots do. They'll always be with us.
  15. Why am I dressed up like that? I just tell them "I'm in town for the hangin'." Some laugh, some look totally befuddled, and some look downright panic stricken. Whatever. It's fun.
  16. Today
  17. Somehow I thought this would generate a little more interest than it has......
  18. I usually make a personal phone call to thank the person for the gift. If that's not possible I will send a note. It should end there.
  19. A few years ago my wife and I came to a hotel in Clayton NM, after packing in on horseback in Carson National forest. I went in the hotel to get us a room, wearing what I normally wear ()boots, hat, jeans, wild rag, spurs) and right away a young girl from a table set up in the lounge started chewing me out about being late, andifn I wanted the job I'd bettershow up on time. Haha. Seems they were shooting a movie (western) and she thought I was one of the extras. She was really embarrassed and apologized and said that they movie company would pay my and my wifes bar tab and dinner that night. But she told the the staring role was filled when I asked her
  20. 45 Colt can and does shoot just as "clean" as 44-40 or 38-40 or 38. Just an extra step. Maybe. I have two methods to mitigate blow-by. Method #1). Start with 44-40 cases and blow em out to 45 Colt. Really very simple and VERY effective. Method #2). Annealing the cases. I shoot 45 Colt cases, 45 Schofield cases and C45S cases with NO Blow-By. Light loads, heavy loads .... no matter. No Blow-by. Shoot what you like. It's a GAME. Remember that part. It's a GAME. Have fun. If you're not going to have fun, don't play the game. Simple. Reloading, regardless of caliber does NOT save you money. In the long run, reloading allows you to SHOOT MORE!! Enjoy. PS: Forgot. I also shoot BP and Subs. Mostly I shoot APP. When you shoot BP or Subs, you HAVE to clean your guns. Cleaning up after BP or Subs is really simple and quick. Easier and faster than with that Heathen Fad Smokeless stuff.
  21. Just watch, in 2040 they will extend it to 2075.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.