SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. We’re working on it!! We are both out of the woods for now. Schoolmarm is steadily getting stronger. She’s doing more around the house and starting to get outside some when the weather permits. She also loads and unloads my knee scooter when we leave the house, which is pretty often since we are both following up with the various doctors and such. I had a visit from the home health nurse yesterday and she said that the results from my surgery are looking really good. I still can’t walk. Can’t put any pressure on my foot for at least another week or until they remove the remaining stitches. Then I will have to get shoes that will protect the remaining problem area that all this surgery has created. I think that y’all can start offering whatever prayers from a standing or settin’ position from here on out. The ones you’ve sent so far have got the big guy’s attention and he has blessed us both with his healing touch!!
  3. FedEx has twice given me “mailroom was closed”
  4. TEARS, DELIGHT AND ACCOMPLISHMENT Sheriff Jacob Keller, Firelands, Mars, grinned as broad as two Texas townships as his wife handed him their child. Ruth Keller smiled quietly, silently rejoicing at the expression on her husband's face. Jacob hefted their laughing little boy, hoist him well overhead, to the juvenile delight (and squeals) of his son, brought him down, bounced him a couple times, looked at Ruth and asked, "What have you been feedin' him? T-bone steaks and high nitrogen fertilizer?" Ruth laughed, tilted her head. "He has his father's appetite." Jacob swung their fist-chewing son up on his left hip, gathered his wife into him with his right arm, buried his face in the side of her neck, nibbling at her with his lips. "Darlin', I missed you," he mumbled, and Ruth giggled -- Jacob's richly-curved handlebar mustache tickled -- she hugged him back and whispered, "I missed you too!" Ruth felt Jacob's body change when the annunciator chimed. Jacob released his wife, turned quickly, one hand on his pistol: Ruth felt the static sizzle of a midfield that split the room in two -- she was behind it, Jacob was on the other side of it. He keyed a command into his desktop keyboard. Ruth saw his shoulders rise, then fall, and she knew he'd just taken a long breath and blown it out. He did not, however, lower the field. The door slid open, Marnie came smiling through the portal, an oversized picnic basket in hand, covered with a tucked-in, red-and-white-check tablecloth -- "I didn't think you'd want to make your wife fix supper when she's just getting home!" Marnie suggested quietly. Jacob nodded, took the basket, touched a control on his belt: the invisible field sizzled out of existence, and the two women embraced, a chubby set of arms reached for his Aunt Marnie, and the table was quickly set for three adults and a child. Supper was a cheerful event: Ruth turned her attention to feeding their little boy in moments where Marnie described young Michael pulling a clandestine pistol and hitting an area the size of a man's thumbnail to stop an extremely poisonous reptile from killing his twin sister; she turned big and startled eyes toward the description of Victoria riding a fighting twisthorn stallion -- Ruth knew twisthorns, and she'd seen their stallions fight -- she smiled as Marnie described Dana, disguised as one of the Faceless Sisters, singing in adoration before the ornate Altar in the Rabbitville monastery. Ruth had heard Dana sing -- in fact, she'd sung duets with Dana, and delighted in how well they harmonized -- and then she looked, puzzled, at her husband and back to Marnie at the description of Dana's sojourn East, to bathe her wounded soul in the sonic waters of the restored, fully functional, Roosevelt pipe organ. Marnie and Jacob both knew Ruth loved music in all of its forms, and when they realized Ruth had absolutely no idea what a pipe organ was, they looked at one another and smiled. Inquiry was made, then arrangements, and while The Bear Killer and Snowdrift collaborated on riding herd on a laughing little boy who'd never seen a pair of truly huge, mountain Mastiffs before, three people sat in the front pew of the Barrington Congregational Church as a guest organist brought tears to a pale eyed lawman's cheeks, delight to his wife's face, and a sense of accomplishment to a pale eyed Ambassador in a McKenna gown.
  5. Hoss

Yildiz SxS

Aboard us considering a Yildiz sxs. Asked me if I knew anything about them (I don’t) but figured I check with y’all, see if anyone had tried one he currently has a Stoeger and a sharptail that he does not like. I’ve suggested SKB, he’s not squire ready to drop the coin for one. opinions?
  6. Which is why I haven’t watched one in the last 20 years.
  7. The buckles came in today. I think they look pretty decent. Let me know what you think.
  8. I'm going to get callouses on my knees from all this praying. Get better, won'tcha?
  9. .44 Magnum. Excellent condition. Nate Kiowa Jones slicked this before I ever shot it. Not a completion action job. With a 20" barrel in standard carbine configuration. But only the 1978 Centenial models had the saddle ring. Excellent condition with a few safe dings in wood. Never used in matches. I did brush hunt deer with it for a few seasons . $1400 + shipping and insurance. I'll pay the FFL dealer on my end.
  10. I also used Penn bullets 180gr TC 44 cal. Loved them, no one else made them. Been out of them since early last year. Don't see them on your website?
  11. Today
  12. Easier to swap the grip frame. AFAIK all Pietta open top grip frames are interchangeable. And AFAIK the same is true for all Uberti open tops.
  13. It wasn't really "the battle of the anthems", because the Germans were singing the Watch on the Rhine, not Germany over All. And I don't exactly agree with some of the translation here. But this is very good.
  14. We had a great time at that shoot and really enjoyed feeding our group. Changed some peoples mind about the taste of wild game meat too!
  15. For sale are a pair of factory SIG holsters. First one is for any 1911 style full length models. The second is for p320/p250 45’s . Both for one price. $50 plus shipping.
  16. Awaiting a UPS that's SUPPOSED to arrive today by ... seven minutes ago. Rechecked tracking, now it says by 7 pm. If it was FedEx this would translate by "Sometime after the weekend even though we promised it last Wednesday." Edit to Add -- Mine arrived 1 hr 45 min after the window they gave me originally. Dee-lighted!
  17. For Sale a Bianchi holster for a 1911 pistol with matching Bianchi double magazine pouch. Holster marked #50, Chapman Hi-Ride. Magazine marked #80, Clip Grip & .45 Auto. Pouch shows more wear than holster. $80 + shipping for both.
  18. Buy a lottery ticket. Might as well press your luck while you're hot.
  19. Cleanliness is next to godliness
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.