SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. A bit hard to tell from the photograph, but it looks like it wasn't cut across the grain. That will give you a tough chew.
  3. We celebrated Wally’s life today! Much was said by folks who knew him well and tears and smiles were the order of the day. I am certain that the family knows what we all thought of our big hearted brother. The cowboys and girls turned out in force to help mark his passing. The thread that ran through all of the conversation was “one of a kind” and it is indisputably true. Judge ‘em all Duncan was a force of nature!! It will take time to fill the empty spot in our lives, but the memories will be sweeter with time. Perhaps the echoes of his laughter will soften the hurt.
  4. I may be stupid or lucky or both but I have loaded thousands of them on my Dillon 550B with a Lee factory crimp die and have not crumpled one case yet. The key is setting everything up correctly as has been stated several times.
  5. I had to go through Joplin right after, only a few days after the bad one that went through there!! I’ve seen the results of others as well, but THAT was catastrophic on a nuclear level!!
  6. 3/4" pipe, an end cap, and a sharp knife. I glued a short piece of dowel in the cap so it screws onto the pipe tight and the shell isn't loose. The shorty is for 1 3/4"ers. These were old, used pipe nipples, hence the pipe wrench marks - I don't use a pipe wrench to tighten 'em in the cap. Tough to get enough friction/heat with a vintage hand-cranked roll crimper to get a nice roll - buy one you can chuck in a drill, as suggested above.
  7. Too bad. You missed one of the greatest western series ever filmed, imho. Although I must admit that even I, mostly immune to rough profane men, was somewhat taken aback initially.
  8. Special suit? That was the electric plug in stuff for WWII bomber crews.
  9. After watching war movies as a kid, I actually wanted to be a ball gunner!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.