SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Need is the mother of invention....Always have been and always will be.... Texas Lizard
  3. This just in: The indoor CAS match at Niles, Ohio has been cancelled. This is the Thursday Work-Shirker match on April 25, 2019. It was cancelled due to a scheduling conflict. I am truly sorry. Mo
  4. I don't have what you're looking for, but I recommend you check the marketplace at http://akfiles.com. The people there are (shall we say) less friendly than those at sassnet.com, but are much more likely to have what you're looking for. In particular, two minutes found me a listing where a man is selling 5 Russian 5.45x39 magazines made at Izmash. $50 each. Pretty steep, but 5.45x39 magazines aren't falling out of the sky anymore. Russia is the only country that ever really adopted that caliber, so you can't find (for instance) Polish, Yugoslavian, or Romanian magazines. http://akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377757 K-var has some new production 45-round (10) magazines in stock, but they are super expensive. https://www.k-var.com/magazine-545x39-ak-74-45rd-circle-10-ribbed-black-reinforced-polymer-arsenal-bulgaria Russian parts come up there infrequently as well. Expect to pay a premium for those. Russian parts are difficult to get hold of, particularly after imports of firearms from Russia were suspended during the Obama administration. Factory made 5.45x39 rifles are really drying up, making it more difficult to find these sorts of things. Good luck in your search.
  5. This just in! This is no joke: The Thursday indoor CAS match in Niles, Ohio on April 25, 2019 has been Cancelled! I am truly sorry. It was cancelled do to a scheduling conflict. I am sorry for this short notice but it couldn't be helped. Sincerely, Slow Mo Dern
  6. Contact Deuce Stevens at 616-890-6657. He might be able to help you. He is the Match Director of Range Wars SASS Michigan State. Hope this help. I. M. Crossdraw
  7. I never shot competitively, but I also made paper charges using cigarette papers for my navy colts. Never had a FTF. I made em while watching TV as others seem to do. BTW, I used an ink pen (slightly smaller than the cylinder bore) to roll the papers around first. Then used my flask to fill em and twisted the ends and trimmed the extra off. jim
  8. Bob... that thing is plumb cool! How could you NOT buy it??
  9. We were told at binder mechanic school that we were not allowed to use hammers anymore. We were supposed to use whackcommiters Have them from 4 oz to 35 lbs. GW
  10. From the '70s to today, I like lubed Ox-Yoke "Wonder Wads" loaded over powder & under balls for both a small filler & lube carrier in everything from my .36 caliber Patersons, 1851s, .45 Dueling pistols, to my .53 caliber Hawken, whenever, the load will not sit in the firearm more than a couple of hours. Otherwise, making sure the powder charge is large enough to fill the chamber (most revolvers have a smaller diameter in the chamber area than the ball), seat the ball directly on top of the powder and use Remington or TC "Bore Butter" to seal the open end of the chamber. I only like milk carton wads under flat based bullets to act as a gas-check and seal from the bullet's lube from contaminating the powder... i.e. in cartridges... and where possible with a grease cookie between the wad and bullet base. Hence my 28gr of 2F Goex under a variety of bullet weights in the 45 Colt... my soft recoiling and all day shooting load in the 45 Colt from both revolvers & leverguns. No cleaning between stages, not even necessary for 2 day shoots. (As long as there's only 10 stages... more than that and the over-night cleaning becomes a good insurance policy that you'll complete all 12 stages with no problems). In my guns... YMMV.
  11. The German Mauser HsC is chambered for the 7.62 round. The .32 ACP works just fine in it. One of my regrets; selling a 7.62 HsC liberated by my father in 1945 to make a mortgage payment during the Carter years..
  12. Yes, it's Facebook. No, I haven't found it on Youtube or other site yet. Yes, I know that some of you won't be able to see it. Some of this tech is a couple of thousand years old. DANG! It won't let me embed it! https://www.facebook.com/www.nextgendata.in/videos/587411898430780/
  13. Would look good on the Post parade jeep.
  14. Today
  15. I drilled a bushing out just because I could bu the 42 bushing works fine. I painted the outside of the barrel red so I can see it through the charge bar and know it is BP. Would be very exciting to forget to change it and load up a bunch of smokeless rounds!!!!!
  16. PM, I use small test tubes. I load them with powder while watching tv. Throw a small brass funnel in the chamber and dump the powder. Faster and easier than paper cartridges or a flask. Place a wonder wad and seat the ball. Still perform my posse duties. Gringo
  17. Always heard the phrase"run down at the heels",or to mean having seen better days,shabby,or down on his luck Choctaw
  18. That ain’t no hammer, that’s a swing press.
  19. Thank you.. I'll check it out.. I was wanting one already slicked bit I'll give it a look.
  20. Hello. We are at Land Run in OK. Very poor internet here. YES , I want the guns , please call my cell 305-924-6292. So we can set up the transaction.
  21. Eileen, I did purchase it. I have a new (never shot) in box Uberti, 73 Competition that I had on backorder with my local gun store. Arrived a few days after I purchased Ruger Ron's. Now I have a spare rifle as I did not want to lose my deposit. It is factory action job, short stroke, 20" barrel, 357. See pg 31 of catelog https://www.uberti-usa.com/sites/default/files/originals/product-catalogs/2019-busa-dlrwrkbk_uberti_section_lores_final_msrp-only.pdf download. PM me if interested OJQ
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.