SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The weather is looking great and we will have our Work Shirkers Match this Thursday. We will be shooting stages 6-10. Please send me an email with your alias and category to rws2700@comcast.net if you plan to be there so I can set up the match early. $15 members and $20 non-members. I'll start collecting the money (correct amount please) at 8:30, Safety Meeting at 9:30 and shooting shortly thereafter. Please check in at the office when you get there so I can complete and print the score sheets. We will have the Average Joe shotshell resizers for sell at the range if you're interested, $190.00, you can see what they look like on the SASS Wire Merchants page. Hope to see you Thursday! Randy
  3. Spring weather in southern Rockies is warming up nicely, as well as the gun giveaway list for GT 2024. We’ve added a Plinkerton revolver and Rossi .22 lever gun to go along with the Vezir Carrara 12 gauge. There are additional firearms in the stretch raffle at this time which include a Taylor’s 1911, a set of Colt derringers to compliment list and the previously mentioned Heritage RR .22 pistols. Early entry discounts still available for a few more days. All state/Federal transfers will be available to eligible winners. Hope to see you attending
  4. I had absolutely no idea. I have never seen "do." as an abbreviation before now. My guess would have been "doses", but I had no idea how much a dose would be. Oh, and thanks to Palewolf for the answer. Although, I must admit that, at first, I wasn't sure if he was giving me the answer to my question, or repeating my question. aka: "Yeah, what he said." Angus
  5. Nice work!! You’re not worthy!! Happy belated birthday!
  6. This is crazy. This is going on this long, very simple easy to read and follow stage. Instructions start and end on the third target must hit the other four targets with at least one round. If you miss one of these targets, it is a miss if you do not start on the center red target number three and and your last shot on that target. It is a P unless you missed the first or last target.
  7. For the OP question: you would not have to declare a malfunction if you put in 6th round and shot it. Hammer would be down on fired case. I suppose you could call it broke gun and lay it down if you wanted to. if you did not load and fire the 6th round you definitely should call broke gun and lay it down, because if the dud round is under hammer you’ve earned a SDQ. It’s very easy to lose track of where the dud round is when doing a ho-around.
  8. Generally speaking I'll agree but, you should be equally adept at shooting either pistol first. The advantage Double Duelists have over any other category is the vast array of transition options available to us. But you cut that number of options in half by only using your dominant hand first. If you're going to shoot Double Duelist you should practice drawing and shooting with both your dominant and weak hand first. Let me give an example as to why. Stage calls for pistols to be shot at position 1 then move to position 2 to shoot shotgun. I shoot a SXS shotgun and load the shells with me left (weak) hand). On this stage I'll shoot my left pistol first. When I'm done with that I holster it then draw and fire my right pistol. As I'm firing my right pistol I'm pulling two shotgun shells with my left hand. When I'm done with my second pistol I holster it as I'm taking my first step toward position 2. As I'm moving to position 2 I have the shotgun shells up at eye level with my left hand and my right hand is reaching for my shotgun. (Reaching as you move helps you move faster. ) When I get to position 2 I grab and raise the shotgun to my shoulder as fast as possible where my shells are already waiting to be dropped into the chambers.
  9. SICK, lord God please help us to stand up against this Sinful bunch... Jabez Cowboy
  10. Now I'm going to have to dig out the civil war records of my great grandfathers that my dad "sent off for" many years ago.
  11. Canada is in very sad shape... how did we get there? Stand up and be counted ,,, Vote these commies out.. Jabez Cowboy
  12. Looking to see if anyone might have a used butt stock for this rifle. Mine has been cut down and would like one a little longer length of pull. Not wanting to spend a lot of money on a new one. The more beat up and cheaper , the better. Thanks
  13. I doubt it. Think about it, the press never removes the dimple from any primer that gets punched out completely, so why would it remove the dimple from one that was only partially punched out? And I don't know about the 650, but on my 550 a primer that is only pushed partially out (or a new one partially seated) will not allow the shell plate to turn.
  14. Today
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.