SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. But... but... but elephants don't have bills ~ they have trunks! (Don't have hoods or glove compartments either, I don't think. )
  3. Hot water, liquid laundry soap and Ballistol. When I get home the brass goes in the wet tumbler with a little liquid laundry soap, LemiShine, and hot water. Moose milk in the actions and down the barrels of all 4 guns. Plug the shotgun barrel(s) and fill with hot water. Let soak while I clean everything else. Start with pistols, then rifle. Flush barrels and actions with hot water. Then Remington squee-G to remove remaining fowling. from barrels followed by boresnake soaked with ballistol, Couple squirts of ballistol in the actions, cycle to spread around then wipe off any excess. Do shotgun last Remington squee-G followed by boresnake. I can clean all 4 guns in 30 minutes or less. Even cap guns. I use tooth brush to scrub nipple area of cylinder and other nooks and cranies. Use canned air to blow out nipples once everything is clean.
  4. I was wondering why you where having those problems at Dayton.
  5. Like I said in our other communication, so sorry! I like most dogs better than I like most people!!
  6. H. K. Uriah, Maybe one of the parts suppliers such as VTI, Jack First, Poppert’s Gun Parts, etc., can supply you with an octagonal barrel of the correct caliber....maybe even one off a Marlin rifle. Cat Brules
  7. I'd just buy the barrel blank. Lots of good companies making barrels. Ant decent machine shop can cut it to length and match the threads you need
  8. Interesting thread. Hope they aren't Outlaw Bullets but if they are, I would very much prefer an email or a text before seeing it on the Wire. I'll bet that's the case for ANY Cowboy bullet vendor. As far as the skips, is it 10, 20, 50, a whole box full? I put an extra 10 bullets in every box to cover for the occasional blunder. I expect that the other Cowboy vendors do something similar. I like to tell new customers, "If you like my bullets, let your friends know. If you don't like my bullets, let ME know so I can fix it." Waimea Outlaw Bullets
  9. Thank you Loophole. I appreciate it. My wife and I are adding a couple of CO detectors. We have one that plugs into an outlet on the inside wall near the garage entrance but we need to add some to the bedrooms just to be safe.
  10. It was our Honor to host these great folks from Wags 4 Warriors! Thank you to our Cowboys and Cowgirls, who helped out with this event, to Pam, Sarah, Vicki, and Penny who provided everyone with great food, and of course the Tusco Rifle Club! God Bless our Veterans!
  11. I hate fire ants with a vengeance! I had them all around my place in NC. I called Terminex (I'll never do that again) and they would come out and treat the nest and another one seemed to spring up a few days latter. I was convinced Terminex used some chemical that put the ants to sleep and made them forget where their home was when they woke up so they would build another somewhere nearby. After I canceled my Terminex contract I used Coleman fuel (white gas) and I just poured it in the hole of their nests. I never lit it though. I had a slab foundation.. I didn't want to crack the slab. It sure killed the fire ants.
  12. If your meatballs are well made, they will absorb the other flavors and be VERY tender when you serve them. If not, you'll have a more chunky meat sauce to serve. YOU CAN'T LOSE!!
  13. Today
  14. Maybe we need to have it put in FAQ because this subject comes up every few days. That and loading BlackMZ.
  15. I was going to Florida for a job interview and a little R&R. Just as I crossed the state line into Fla. the vehicle I was driving quit running. It was late at night and dark, but I had tools and light, so i decided to go ahead and check it out. No spark!! Pulled the distributor cap and discovered a broken ignition rotor. I went around to the back of the vehicle to see if there was one in the tool box and was swarmed by fire ants!! I swiped most of them off, but I was bitten multiple times. I crawled through the passenger compartment, (I was driving a full sized Blazer) and found that I didn't have a replacement. This was before cell phones were popular and we didn't have one, so I walked back to the weigh station, borrowed their phone and called a wrecker service to get them to bring me the parts I needed to fix my ride. I walked back to the vehicle, avoiding the back of it so as not to get into the fire ants again. It was two in the morning, so we took a nap and waited. The tow truck arrived just after sun-up and I paid him for the parts and a service call. I assembled my ignition and pulled the truck forward about fifty feet. I then returned to the rear of the vehicle to stow my tools and lo and behold, there was a five gallon jug of 130 octane racing fuel standing beside the tool box. We used the Blazer for a chase vehicle at the drag strip and always carried spare fuel, a few tools, some rags, and some hand cleaner in our chase trucks. I was STILL stinging from them damned ants and a plan for revenge hit me just as I reached to close the tailgate. I grabbed the jug of gas and walked back and found where those ants had come up outta' the ground. I carefully poured the entire contents of the jug down that hole. As I walked back to the truck, another diabolical idea formed in my head. I put the jug in the truck, closed the tailgate, went to the driver's seat, and grabbed a book of matches. I walked back to the spot where I'd poured the fuel into the ant hole. I took the match book and folded the cover in behind the matches, I pulled one match off and struck it, lit the entire matchbook and flipped it onto the still wet gas spot. KAWHOOM!! The gasoline ignited and fire shot out of the ground in half a dozen spots from a dozen to thirty feet away!! I don't know, it might have been fifty feet!! It was loud enough to wake Schoolmarm up if she wasn't already and and it was satisfying enough to me that I don't much recall them ant bites botherin' me the rest of the trip!! The gas by itself would have done serious damage to the ant population in that hole, but the matches took care of a whole lot more of the sorry little devils!! EDIT!! That was in the early 1990s and that jug of gas was about $35.00 (5 gallons)!! Worth every penny!!!
  16. I only use APP or real Black. I found that hot water down the barrel and in the chambers works real well. No fuss at all. I dry them with in a parts dryer and then run a patch with Breakfree CLP through them. I like it better than Ballistol as we're going through a cold spell. I make sure the nipples are clear by popping off some caps before I load 'em. I prefer slick plastic hulls and plastic wad columns for my shotshells. Hot water down the barrels after a match, and the snot gets gone. Ballistol for the bores is fine. I have several pounds of Pyrodex in the workshop. I'm torn between spreading it on a bald area of the property just before a rain, or loading up in the shotgun just to get rid of it... If I shoot it, I'll need to neutralize it with a vinegar solution before leaving the range. Hodgdon says the fouling contains corrosive salts. No need to have that stuff eating your guns from the insides out.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.