SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. So, this is just my opinion obviously and is worth only what you paid me. Let's break down the mechanics of why it works for ME. Some transitions look wonderful on paper but fail to show up on the timer. To ME, that transition depends on 2 factors, and a third factor comes into play on similar transitional movements. The first is the direction and how far it is between the pistol position and the shotgun position. The second is the difference in time between your strong to weak side pistol transition and your weak to strong side pistol transition. The third factor that comes into play on similar transitions is whether it takes you longer to shoulder your shotgun or grab 2 shells and get them into position(I'll explain that one in a minute). 1st main factor- direction and distance. When I fire the last shot of my last revolver I want to MOVE! If I'm moving one or two steps, counting my reach I am picking up my rifle as my left pistol is finishing being holstered. This accomplishes a couple things that going weak side first does not. One is it gets my shotgun shouldered quicker because I'm not moving my right hand all the way from my holster to the rifle to pick it up and two is it puts my weak hand that I grab my shells with at my holster, which is within an 8" circle of my shells which in turn creates a straight line from holster to shells to shotgun.(I like my transitional hand movements to be within a 12" max circle at all times). If someone hasn't moved one step by the time they holster, they're moving too slow or are holstering before they move. A by-product benefit of strong side P first on long movement (assuming right handed and moving to the right) is it greatly diminishes the chance of breaking the 170 either actual or perceived by the over-zealous spotter because you will be holstering your left pistol while moving to the right. Holstering your right pistol while moving to your right is chancy. 2nd main factor-Difference in strong to weak P transition vs weak to strong side P transition. While making less of a difference, it does still come into the equation. My right hand to left hand transition on a good day is half a second. My left to right transition is more like a second and I run the risk of pulling too quick. That can be remedied by more practice. 3rd main factor for similar transitions. Grab shells vs shoulder shotgun. So the accepted fact for the duelist category is we should be more able to do 2 things at once. I take that a step further and decide which 2 things I should be doing simultaneously. Case in point, Rifle to Shotgun transition on a stand and deliver stage. Should the duelist lay the rifle down with the left hand or the right hand? That my friend depends on the duelist. Specifically whether it takes them longer to draw 2 shells or shoulder the shotgun. Whichever takes the longest time should be done simultaneously while the rifle is being discarded. If it takes them longer to get a good grab on their two shells with the left hand, the rifle should be discarded with the right hand(again discarded within that 12" circle of hand movement to pick up the shotgun). If it takes them longer to pick up the shotgun, they should discard the rifle left handed(again 12" circle of the shells to grab although it's close on this one) while they're picking the shotgun up. Make sense? You have 3 things to do. The 2 that overlap needs to include the one item that takes the longest time. I'm by no means saying duelists shouldn't be able to draw the weak side first, I'm just saying your scenario doesn't work for ME. It definitely does for others. Like Randy and Widder said. Go fast! I sure didn't mean to type this much but I can talk transitions all day, so sorry about that.
  3. I have one early metal group. Has had auto bolt release and extended mag release added. Complete and functional. Asking $75.00 shipped. PM if interested.
  4. As the title says. Looking for a couple factory 10/22 trigger assemblies. Thanks in advance!
  5. That took me the longest time to figure out what was going on.
  6. My signature, on a couple of other boards. Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste good with catsup - George of Lod, Year of Our Lord 297
  7. Sometimes real life intrudes and throws a curveball, which is why I figure these ancestry things are nothing more than an approximation. Family secrets tend to distort the info. A good friend found out at 60+ years of age after parents were long gone, that his father wasn’t his birth father. Seems his mom was prone to fooling around and became pregnant. His dad married her anyway and raised my friend as his own.
  8. Is that the guy that went into battle with a claymore? I remember some Brit during World War II with a big honking sword and a kilt.
  9. Back when Michael came to pay us a visit, and we were without power for a month. My daughter and her sister came down to help. The first morning we fire up the propane stove and boil some water. Take the basket from the Mr Coffee set it on top of the carafe, then pour the hot water through the coffee into the pot. That's a lot more difficult than it seems. That afternoon, my daughter's sister is looking through the cabinets and she turns to me accusingly and says, "YOU'VE GOT A FRENCH PRESS!!!" Apparently we were supposed to use the French press instead of trying to make Mr Coffee squatting on our knees on the driveway (my daughter had expected that this might be messy so we did it outside). But I had forgotten all about the damn thing.
  10. Kirkpatrick Double Strong Side Rig for 4 5/8” Vaqueros Dark Brown, Screw Tension Adjustment Hammer Thongs Belt Stamped 42C (42” to Center Hole) · Rod Kibler 3-Round .38 Cal Slide · Whyte Leather Works 6-Round .38 Cal Slide · Triple K Leather 6-Round 12 Gauge Slide $250 Shipped
  11. As of today we have 181 signed up. We still have plenty of room so if you want to shoot with us send in your application. State Match Application (wartraceregulators.com) It will be worth the price just to watch Widder go up against some top '97 shooters in the shotgun side match! Hope to see you at the match. Randy
  12. NRA-ILA | Home (nraila.org)
  13. I had another one. I don't know where it went. Can't decide between a single cup And a small pot Have absolutely no interest in a cappuccino/latte/whatever else you have to foam the milk for But a moka pot is on my list And I keep flip flopping on a coffee grinder. Do I really want to get that involved?
  14. Pistol #1 Blue, 4 5/8” Barrel, Factory Wood Grips Unmodified in any way SN 513-02355 in Ruger plastic box $700 plus shipping FFL to FFL (or face-to-face somewhere down in Texas) Pistol #2 Blue, 4 5/8” barrel, Smooth Plastic Grips, Brightened Front Sight Action Job, Wide Hammer, Free Rotating Cylinder SN 511-32351 $750 plus shipping FFL to FFL (or face-to-face somewhere down in Texas)
  15. Today
  16. Extremely cool! A belated Happy Birthday to you!
  17. Second City Cop: Check Out This Einstein Gee! No FOID card, background checks, safe storage, etc.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.