SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Now there I was just minding my own business when BAM, my good name is besmirched. I occasionally shoot GF when I want a change of pace....started out cocking both and eventually dry fired my way into retraining what little bit of brain I have left into building muscle memory to alternate cock the pistols. Just so ya know...I am undefeated and world's champion in my basement dry firing competitions. Kajun
  3. I don't like any of them with UPS being on the top of my list by far, followed by FedEx and then USPS.
  4. It ain’t just FedEx!! Ive had packages from them, UPS, and USPS all left at the door, but not a single one even bothered to KNOCK!!
  5. Are you calling me a jerk? I don't cross the triangle or grass. Not sure what a gore is other than what a bull can do you, so may have crossed one. As a road runner most of my career and averaging 400 miles a day at the end of working, I've likely pulled a stunt or 2. Like using the "no u turn" cut thru's on Interstates! Done that many times with Stateys sitting in them running radar. They just waved. Ya gotta do it like you're supposed to!
  6. As well as a superb actor, he lead a very interesting and varied life. Dirt poor to extremely wealthy (for the era). Early life and war service Bronson was born November 3, 1921, in Ehrenfeld, Pennsylvania, a coal mining region in Pennsylvania's Allegheny Mountains, north of Johnstown. He was the 11th of 15 children born into a Roman Catholic family of Lithuanian heritage.[2][3] His father, Walter Buchinsky (born: Valteris P. Bučinskis),[2][4][5] was a Lipka Tatar from Druskininkai in southern Lithuania. Bronson's mother, Mary (née Valinsky), whose parents were from Lithuania, was born in Tamaqua, Pennsylvania, in Pennsylvania's Coal Region.[6][7][8][9] Bronson did not speak any English at home during his childhood in Pennsylvania, like many children he grew up with. He once recounted that even as a soldier, his accent was strong enough to make his comrades think he was a foreigner.[10] Besides English, he could speak Lithuanian, Russian and Greek.[11][12] In a 1973 interview, Bronson remarked that he did not know his father very well, and was not sure if he loved or hated him, adding that all he could remember about him was that whenever his mother announced that his father was coming home, the children would hide.[13] In 1933, Bronson's father died and he went to work in the coal mines, first in the mining office and then in the mine.[2] He later said he earned one dollar for each ton of coal that he mined.[10] In another interview, he said that he had to work double shifts to earn $1 (equivalent to $24 in 2023) a week.[13] Bronson later recounted that he and his brother engaged in dangerous work removing "stumps" between the mines, and that cave-ins were common.[13] The family suffered extreme poverty during the Great Depression, and Bronson recalled going hungry many times. His mother could not afford milk for his younger sister, so she was fed warm tea instead.[13] His family was so poor that he once had to wear his sister's dress to school for lack of clothing.[14][15] Bronson was the first member of his family to graduate from high school.[citation needed] Bronson worked in the mines until enlisting in the United States Army Air Forces in 1943 during World War II.[2] He served in the 760th Flexible Gunnery Training Squadron, and in 1945 as a Boeing B-29 Superfortress aerial gunner with the Guam-based 61st Bombardment Squadron[16] within the 39th Bombardment Group, which conducted combat missions against the Japanese home islands.[17] He flew 25 missions and received a Purple Heart for wounds received in battle.[18]
  7. When I left my job in LA at the end of 2004 I had over 2000 hours of Comp Time on the books. Rather than pay me they created a policy that booked comp time could not be paid out.
  8. Crazy!! Don’t they know this is the age of fast deliveries??
  9. Biden said to Iran, “ Don’t” they didn’t listen. No one listens to that old fool!!
  10. You’re on the exit. Take it. Trying to merge back onto the highway is a jerk move.
  11. I have one almost exactly like this if not the same one. I got it from Amazon as my first shotgun belt and still use it. I'm still pretty new to the sport though and will probably get one of the double-loop belts eventually but, for the price, it works. I load it up with two shells next to each other, a space then two more, down the line. then when I'm next up, I pull 4 up a little bit in the holder so they are easier to grab. It works for now.
  12. Just got ahold of them. Said he needed to update the website to show shipping was a month out.
  13. "It depends" - my guns vary widely from weekend to weekend. My original large frame Vaqueros are three blue .44-40's, two stainless .44-40's, and three stainless .38-40/.40 S&W convertibles. For some reason, Ruger cut the throats on the .38-40 cylinders @ .396", so I rented a throat reamer and opened all three to either .400" or .401"... probably .401", but I'd have to find my notes. The blued .44-40's might have lighter hammer springs, I don't remember - it would be 25 years ago, or more, when I bought them.
  14. Ah, I see. Thank you. POTUS (current) Piece Of Totally Useless S***
  15. Pretty rare I've had to merge back in,but would do it if the traffic wasn't going to make it an idiot move!
  16. Sunday on the way to church, southbound 101 in Santa Rosa, a section with the merge lane from one on ramp becomes the lane for the next off ramp. A guy got on, I gave him the space to merge on, he stayed in that lane as if to take that next exit...not uncommon...so I passed him once he got to the solid line. Watched in my mirror as he cut through the gore point just barely missing the sand barrels and got back onto 101.
  17. "Don't" - A repeated one word empty threat a certain POTUS said to Iran before they "Did".
  18. I completely agree with everyone that FedEx sucks and the driver (or anyone else that's not approved) should NEVER sign for a package. However... I do have to wonder why, knowing that they leave packages at the end of your driveway, didn't you just check the end of the driveway before assuming that the rifle was stolen?
  19. Today
  20. Same here. Ordered bullets at EOT. Started emailing in April. Finally called this morning and got an answer. Was told the bullets would ship tomorrow.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.