SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I was young once. I wasn't very good at it.
  3. Ima and I still remember the outstanding Venison you cooked for us at RR-BAR, many years ago. Still the best we ever had!
  4. Match grade rifle bullets use that profile. Far more stable at long distance than flat base. Especially in the wind.
  5. I have been working through by last order of 180g TC 44 cal and been looking for a new vendor as it appears Penn has closed shop. Used to be able to get a 70lb pack from them. I am sure my mail man hated them.
  6. I too use Boattail bullets in all my hunting and target loads. I load them for .300 Wby Mag. 30-06 25-06 and .220 Ackley Improved Swift. Bettet accuracy and velocity. This is my .220 , notice the chrono velocity. I also did the stockwork on it.
  7. G1 shape vs G7 shape, it’s been driven by long range shooting sports and long range hunting. It’s been interesting to listen to the Hornady podcast and then start looking at bullet stability, length, weight per caliber, twist rate. Older SAAMI spec cartridges are mostly designed around G1 shapes and thus slower twist and lower BC. Newer cartridges are G7 shapes, longer, heavier for caliber and need faster twists. Since action lengths are fixed it has required new cartridges to be developed to get the longer bullets to fit correctly in a magazine. Imho interesting and can see the development over time.
  8. Sorry to hear that! Without knowing your cancer or treatments, just want to suggest to you to look into Keytruda immunotherapy as it assisted me after 10 chemo treatments to beat Stage 4 metastatic colon cancer and possibly it could help your battle as well. Good luck and God Bless!
  9. https://www.outlawbullets.com/ And y'all can find them on vendor's row at The Tennessee State Championship Match! We are honored to have T Bone Johnson & Outlaw Bullets as a vendor & sponsor of this match. Y'all come, and shoot up a lot of his bulletsin the beautiful foothills of Tennessee! I 'm bettin' T Bone will even take pre-orders to deliver there?
  10. Nine pairs of pants, sold as a lot. All have previously been worn, for the most part multiple times. All in fair, good, gooder and great condition. Most are 40" x 26/27". See descriptions and pictures below. Pic #1 Wahmaker - Faded tan 40 x 29 Tombstone Outfitters - Light brown/dk tan 44 x 26 Scully - Chocolate brown 40 x 26 Pic #3 Wahmaker - Blue 40 x 26 Wahmaker - Black/Saddleback w/stripe 40 x 26 Wahmaker - Green/saddleback w/stripe 40 x 26 Pic #5 Wahmaker - Light greenish 40 x 26 Wahmaker - Black 40 x 27 Frontier Classics - Brown w/stripe - 40 x 26 Has 1" long tear where right pocket meets lower portion. Sold as lot - $130 shipped to the 48 1st I'll take it. Personal check, USPS MO for payment
  11. I used to do that, a great deal, and if from Costco, they even have online cutting instructions. For the last several years, I have bought a beef from a rancher friend. It goes to a local packing house and I split it with my two adult kids. The last one averaged out around $4 per pound. We are already on a list for a pig to try that. Anyone living in the right kind of area, might consider asking around.
  12. That's the one. Best I have seen. For me it hits the two MAIN things. The shooting. But also, the friendships and fun.
  13. Our local Safeway market had it's Easter sale when it sells big hams and prime rib for really cheap prices. I bought a large prime rib and cut it into really nice rib eye steals. The prime rib was on sale for 5.98/pound. It weighed 9.8# and I got 10 nice steaks out of it. Rib Eyes for 5.98 a pound, what a buy! I also cut off the ribs and put them in my smoker and then grill them. We do it every year when they have a sale at Easter and Christmas.
  14. A couple of years back I bought a pair of revolvers and a rifle from a pard in South Carolina. I live in Oregon. He sent the pkg. registered next day to me via USPS. He received the pkg. the next day and refused it because it was to be sent to me, not him! Oops, their mistake so back to the facility it went and 8 days later it arrived in the next town to me where it was noted that the pkg. was refused and was sent back to South Carolina! Remember that it was originally sent to the wrong address first. 11 days later it was finally received by my FFL. 3 trips across country and 3.5 weeks later I finally got the revolvers. He sent the rifle to me the same day and I received it within 5 days. Go figure!!!
  15. I use boat-tail bullets almost exclusively for the cartridges I reload with a bottle-neck case. These are the go-to for .243 Win. These are also a favorite.
  16. Today
  17. This is a great match I've been to all of them, unfortunately I not able to make it this year. They have one of the best ranges in SASS! I'm already looking forward to next year!
  18. PFFFT! That's nothing! I tracked a parcel from a friend in N. Carolina, to Seattle, to Vancouver, WA. then to Vancouver, BC, to Montreal, Quebec, then Heathrow, in the UK, back to Montreal, Quebec, on to Winnipeg, Manitoba, back to Montreal, then here to Ottawa, Ontario. Now it was during Covid, so who knows why.
  19. Remember when they first came out with priority Mail? Early 90s. $2 for 2 lb or less, in 2 days. $2 was a lot of money, when regular postage was 35¢. So I did that one time, because it needed to absolutely positively be there in 2 days. Took 2 weeks.
  20. I bought some holsters from a guy in Washington State. A week or so after I sent the check he pm'd me and asked if I still wanted the holsters because he was still waiting on money. I told him that the pony may have gotten bogged down in the snow crossing the Rockies, because it was December, and to just wait some more, because the check had been sent. It was two and a half weeks after I sent the check before he pm'd me again and said the check had arrived and the holsters had gone out. It took two days for the holsters to get from Washington to Florida, but 18 days for the money to get from Florida to Washington. May have had something to do with Christmas shipping, since this was happening in December.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.