SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. OK. I'm in. At the range .... NOTHING. Just dump the cases in my cartridge bag and carry 'em home. No matter, 1 day local, or three day with travel. At the range nothing. When I get home I run my small shop sink with hot water and dump in a goodly amount of White Vinegar. Let the cases sit for about half an hour and rinse. Stick em onna cookie sheet (with tased sides) and stick em inna small oven for an hour too dry. Run them in my dry vibrator for an hour. Done. Cap guns I clean with Hot Water and a couple of drops of Dawn. Rinse, Dry, Oil, Done. Shotgun and Rifle I squirt some PAM (Hydrogen Peroxide, Alcohol and Murphys Oil Soap) down the bore, run a wet PAM Patch through the bore (or two), Dry patch, Oily Patch, Done. I have also found the Windshield Cleaner sold by my local Windshield repair place to be excellent for Shotgun and Rifle bore. Dries really fast. Dry patch anyway, then Oily patch Done. Other than PAM, I have found some of the other concoctions to be wanting. The work, after a fashion, but for the most part, HOT WATER will clean up after BP and Subs as good as anything. Less Mess too. No ugly smell either. You won't get a consensus. We could go to three or four pages arguing for our favorites with no problem. Only CAVEAT: DO NOT use petroleum based lubricants. Best lubricants I've found are Mobil 1 motor oil and Mobil 1 Grease. Non Petroleum. Quart of Oil will last a couple three years and a tube of Grease will last till you're not shooting anymore.
  3. Either of these suggestions should solve your issue. ..........Widder
  4. But... but... but elephants don't have bills ~ they have trunks! (Don't have hoods or glove compartments either, I don't think. )
  5. Hot water, liquid laundry soap and Ballistol. When I get home the brass goes in the wet tumbler with a little liquid laundry soap, LemiShine, and hot water. Moose milk in the actions and down the barrels of all 4 guns. Plug the shotgun barrel(s) and fill with hot water. Let soak while I clean everything else. Start with pistols, then rifle. Flush barrels and actions with hot water. Then Remington squee-G to remove remaining fowling. from barrels followed by boresnake soaked with ballistol, Couple squirts of ballistol in the actions, cycle to spread around then wipe off any excess. Do shotgun last Remington squee-G followed by boresnake. I can clean all 4 guns in 30 minutes or less. Even cap guns. I use tooth brush to scrub nipple area of cylinder and other nooks and cranies. Use canned air to blow out nipples once everything is clean.
  6. I was wondering why you where having those problems at Dayton.
  7. Like I said in our other communication, so sorry! I like most dogs better than I like most people!!
  8. H. K. Uriah, Maybe one of the parts suppliers such as VTI, Jack First, Poppert’s Gun Parts, etc., can supply you with an octagonal barrel of the correct caliber....maybe even one off a Marlin rifle. Cat Brules
  9. Today
  10. I'd just buy the barrel blank. Lots of good companies making barrels. Ant decent machine shop can cut it to length and match the threads you need
  11. Interesting thread. Hope they aren't Outlaw Bullets but if they are, I would very much prefer an email or a text before seeing it on the Wire. I'll bet that's the case for ANY Cowboy bullet vendor. As far as the skips, is it 10, 20, 50, a whole box full? I put an extra 10 bullets in every box to cover for the occasional blunder. I expect that the other Cowboy vendors do something similar. I like to tell new customers, "If you like my bullets, let your friends know. If you don't like my bullets, let ME know so I can fix it." Waimea Outlaw Bullets
  12. Thank you Loophole. I appreciate it. My wife and I are adding a couple of CO detectors. We have one that plugs into an outlet on the inside wall near the garage entrance but we need to add some to the bedrooms just to be safe.
  13. It was our Honor to host these great folks from Wags 4 Warriors! Thank you to our Cowboys and Cowgirls, who helped out with this event, to Pam, Sarah, Vicki, and Penny who provided everyone with great food, and of course the Tusco Rifle Club! God Bless our Veterans!
  14. I hate fire ants with a vengeance! I had them all around my place in NC. I called Terminex (I'll never do that again) and they would come out and treat the nest and another one seemed to spring up a few days latter. I was convinced Terminex used some chemical that put the ants to sleep and made them forget where their home was when they woke up so they would build another somewhere nearby. After I canceled my Terminex contract I used Coleman fuel (white gas) and I just poured it in the hole of their nests. I never lit it though. I had a slab foundation.. I didn't want to crack the slab. It sure killed the fire ants.
  15. If your meatballs are well made, they will absorb the other flavors and be VERY tender when you serve them. If not, you'll have a more chunky meat sauce to serve. YOU CAN'T LOSE!!
  16. Maybe we need to have it put in FAQ because this subject comes up every few days. That and loading BlackMZ.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.