SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Clear your browser cache history and cookies.
  3. With 45 shooters and two or three possees it's easy to miss people. I was so nervous the first time I don't remember too many pards. Also, at the time I didn't have an official SASS alias, and I went by "J. R. Woodby". Probably was wearing a black vest and a striped shirt.
  4. A BLAST for sure??? Pro steel lets a shooter enjoy shooting 150 round on 150 pieces of steel. Be ready for Texas Star, Irish STAR, Tombstone plate racks, End OVER End, Lots of Targets....LOTS????? Make sure you get signed up for Pro Steel we have a cut off of 60 shooters. thanks T-Bone
  5. When I was stationed at AberdeenProving Grounds there was a little place in the middle of the student parking lot. Just a shack called the Patio, where they made the first pizza burger I ever ate. Never had another one until Phill's Best open at the Ontario Mills in California. There's was like a trip back into my past. I've tried to make pizza burgers at home but I never qutie capture the same flavor.
  6. It's more than just having enough to get thru an encounter. Some of us like to remain proficient with our guns and practice.
  7. The energy that little kids have is one reason why having them when the parents are younger is the best idea. My grandsons are now 23 and 26 and the "little girl" starts high school (from home). Guess I'll just have to wait until the boys get married and start having kids. Hopefully, I'll still be spry enough to enjoy them.
  8. Packing up for the shoot, hmmm which rifle do I shoot??
  9. Not sure how I missed you at the range, but then again I watch reruns of my favorite episodes of Gunsmoke and come away saying, " That new Festus character really adds something to the series, I hope he gets on regular!".
  10. How the meat tastes depends on (a) what they have been eating; (b) how quickly the meat is cooled out; (c) the breed mix of the hawg; (d) how it is cooked (marinate for a couple of days. Mostly purebred Europeans are very lean and don't have any bacon on them! Been a long time, but I'll guarantee none of them are kosher!
  11. Culver's are okay but I don't like their buns. They do make a really passable fish and chips, though.
  12. I can see it now. 150 years from now, there will be a shooting club called PSS, the Preppers Shooting Society. It will be similar to SASS, but the time period and dress will be evolved around early 21 century Prepper dress and weaponry. Costuming will be a mix of patriotic themed t-shirts and camouflage. Any attire with gun brands or early 21st century political slogans will also be accepted. Baseball caps will be in general use, but they need to be gun logo or other “prepper” brand logos… of course truck and tractor logos will be accepted. Firearms will be an automatic handgun with a double stack magazine, a semi auto rifle (preferable an AR or AK variant), and a semi auto shotgun with either extended tube mag or removable box mags. There will be a shooting category called “Primatives”, for those who choose to use an automatic with a single stack magazine (1911, Hi Power). Pump shotguns will also be required for this category. There will be the same old argument between the 9mm shooters and the 45auto shooters about mousefart loads vs warthog loads. Stages will have stories like “ a pack of zombies have come into the neighborhood, and you are the only one left to protect the children of the school” and “a gang of Covid infected thugs are running amok without face masks and you need to stop them”.
  13. I haven't been to a McDonald's since the southern California massacre when the old bat that owned Micky's went on an anti-gun campaign that still hasn't ended.
  14. I have taken mule deer with a Marlin CB 1894 and a OMV in .44 mag and elk with a .54 cal Hawkin and a Shiloh Sharps Business Rifle in 45-70.
  15. Numbers two and three are Five Guys or Burger King. Way down in fourth place is Wendie's. And then there's Brown Bag Burgers in Prescott, a genuine national treasure the almost no one has ever heard of. It's First Place
  16. Is having tons of 9mm akin to having a pallet of toilet paper? Maybe I’m missing something but I’ll take a shotgun and an. AR every time over a pistol for keeping the zombies at bay so that’s where my resources are going. Sure it’s nice to be able and afford lots of pistol ammo but hopefully it won’t rake more than a clip fuel to get to the shotgun.
  17. Truth. I killed a big wall hanger in South Carolina, tasted like crap. He had some nice tusks though! The smaller sows are the best. There is a place in West Virginia, Mountain Meadows Hunting Preserve, its a fenced in hunt, they have several lots 200-500 acres depening on what you want to hunt. Nice accomodations and honestly, you dont really realize you are in a fence when its 200 acres. Nice hogs in there. Resonable price too. They can process the meat before you leave too. Which is nice for travel.
  18. I already have one of those connected to my garden hose.
  19. It’s finally here. The thing you’ve all been waiting for. The DNC’s platform for this election cycle, and boy does it look bad. Here are the absolutely batshit goals they’ve set going forward: mandating universal background checks, ending online gun and ammo sales, banning people from ownership for misdemeanor, nonviolent and speech-based offenses, and expanding the federal background check system. That’s not it, either. They want to prevent the manufacture and sale of commonly owned rifles and standard capacity magazines. They want to pay states to add licensing requirements for gun ownership and to establish kangaroo courts to deprive people of their property without due process. They want to require you to disarm yourself in your own home, and for firearms manufacturers to be sued for the criminal acts of other people. Policies like these don’t produce results, but they deprive people of their inherent right to protect themselves, their families, homes, and communities.
  20. During the 2019 session of the New Mexico Legislature, anti-gun Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham and state lawmakers who were elected with the support of New York billionaire Michael Bloomberg rammed legislation through which criminalized the private sale of firearms, over the strong objections of law-abiding citizens and law enforcement. Opponents warned that the measure would be intrusive, ineffective and unenforceable. KRQE recently reported that in the year since that law went into effect on July 1, 2019, court records show no one has been charged with violating it. This should come as no surprise to those who fought against this legislation, warning that it would be ineffective and unenforceable. It certainly hasn't stopped or even slowed crime in the Duke City. Yet amidst the reporting on the state's failed so-called universal background check law, and even with the red flag gun confiscation law recently having taken effect, anti-gun members of the Albuquerque City Council are calling for MORE GUN CONTROL! That's right. This week, the Council's Finance & Government Operations Committee advanced Resolution 20-68 by Councilmembers Isaac Benton and Diane Gibson, which calls on the New Mexico Legislature to rewrite Article II, Section 6 (the Right to Keep and Bear Arms provision) of the New Mexico Constitution, rip out the state firearms preemption clause and put that enormously-significant change to a popular vote. The full Council will consider the resolution in the coming weeks. Preemption prevents a patchwork of different local firearms rules and regulations across the state. It helps ensure uniformity in gun laws wherever you live, work or travel, so that law-abiding citizens don't unknowingly run afoul of confusing and conflicting local gun restrictions. If gun control advocates get their way, New Mexico could become one of only five states in the nation without this important protection. Cities like Albuquerque, Santa Fe and Las Cruces would be free to pass whatever type of gun control they wanted -- gun bans, magazine limits, licensing and registration schemes, prohibitions on carrying firearms on your person or in your car -- restrictions far beyond anything the New Mexico Legislature has already done or will do to your Second Amendment rights in the future. Please contact each of the members of the Albuquerque City Council and let them know you OPPOSE Resolution 20-68. NRA-ILA will alert you when this measure is considered by the full Council and whether/how you can state your position in-person at that Council meeting. District 1: Councilor Sena - lansena@cabq.gov | (505) 768-3183 District 2: Councilor Benton - ibenton@cabq.gov | (505) 768-3186 District 3: Councilor Pena - kpena@cabq.gov | (505) 768-3127 District 4: Councilor Bassan - bbassan@cabq.gov | (505) 768-3101 District 5: Councilor Borrego - cynthiaborrego@cabq.gov | (505) 768-3189 District 6: Councilor Davis - patdavis@cabq.gov | (505) 768-3152 District 7: Councilor Gibson - dgibson@cabq.gov | (505) 768-3136 District 8: Councilor Jones - trudyjones@cabq.gov | (505) 768-3106 District 9: Councilor Harris - dharris@cabq.gov | (505) 768-3123 Sincerely, NRA-ILA
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.