SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I guess, technically speaking, I am NOT white! Sort of a beige I guess.
  3. I think I've already shot all the misses out of my new pistols. We'll see.
  4. ....and a handy feature, all the targets have a built in ding. You just have to remember how to access that undocumented feature. Kajun
  5. Coming up soon! If you're not already registered there might be time! The stages look great. I spoke with Austin and he told me targets will be big and close!
  6. Had some nibbles, but no bites..... Let's run them through one more time... Thanks for stoppin' by and takin' a look. Frio
  7. Unless you elect to send the rifle to someone who knows what they are doing, your best bet is to bite the bullet and send it back to Rossi. They may be slow but that is a whole lot better than using your face and eyes to stop shrapnel brass. Be sure and include the blown case in your shipment to Rossi. Don't include the new extractor.
  8. I would like to add " you get what you pay for"
  9. My son is using thiis for his education.
  10. SCARY!! 1100 to 1300 fet long, 250 THOUSAND gross tons and a single Engine and Propeller.
  11. Today
  12. We have 11 days left until our "deadline". If your planning on coming please let us know ASAP so we can get all the i's dotted and the t's crossed. We have to get aliases and sass numbers to HQ for this event since it's a sanctioned state level match. I've updated the "who's coming in another post" Thanks, Cactus Clark
  13. I really don't think the old primer or seating of a new one is the issue. I check every single round I load in a cartridge checker before they get boxed and look at all of the primers to make sure none get flipped (yes, my Dillon does that once in a while). When I load the cylinders, I give em a spin to check for high primers before setting on the empty chamber. I did not always do this but it doesn't take but a second and removes another potential problem. I'm convinced the primers are just junk and even after a couple firing pin hits and a good dent, they remain unfired. No pop, no pfft, nothing. I would think that in the interest of safety, due to the whole hang-fire thing mentioned, I'd have to call malfunction and ground it; even though I reloaded and finished the string.
  14. Here's an updates list as of today. I do have a few names that I'm not including, as I don't have their official application Jiger Robb Rusty Hammer Sgt. Hampton Pit Mule Bronco Terry Flint Hills Dawg Quick Draw Quent Benton County Kid DB Belle Tulse Tex Red Rider Ray Irish Pete Deadwood Kitty La Bandita RC Steelringer Praire Dog Pete Dandy Willie Mescal 3 Deuce Cowhand No H Sara Sandhills Dude Cheyanne Cinder Platte Valley Kid Sassparilla Sadie Medicine Creek Johnny Capt. Jim Midnight Shalako Wray Mean Mary Flyin Shootist Evil Fletch Hairless Hail Hot Mary Missalotta T Two Wheel Tom Cowboy Rick Marshal Smiling Jim Justice Slingin Sam Dimpled Darling Cooncan Doc Horseshoe Cactus Clark Bertie Winchester Kalamity Horseshoe Toranado Crooked Creek Badlands Charlie April Mae Wicker Nash Irish Tom Turkey Bob Half Fast Len Cajun JB Kidd Lucky Shot Sassman Popcorn Kelly John Wesley Hardin Lefty Madison Greasy Creek Slim Little Hermana Blood Thirsty Desperado High Ground Tuco Moonlit Rose Wymore Wrangler Chili Pepper Kid Wes Beckett U.S. Marshal Lil Chico Alabama Bill Patsy Montana
  15. Gravity and elevation. This will probably go downhill from here.
  16. Aren’t you familiar with the phrase “two is one and one is none?” When it comes to coffee, redundancy is vital.
  17. Hammers are subjective to the individual shooter. I have a short stroked pair with SBH hammers, a regular pair with standard hammers, and a regular pair with the tall hammer all new model vaquero. On the clock the non short stroked tall hammers are the fastest for me. If I put the short wide hammers on regular stroke gun the crowd my thumb too much.
  18. Now we KNOW!! Have ya been wondering what happens to yer scrap BRASS?? Now ya Know
  19. Very nice and a great present! Oh, Happy Birthday...a little late but you know what they say...
  20. I've reseated a spent primer multiple times over the years on a Dillon 550B. It punches the spent primer out, hangs onto it on the pin, reseats the spent primer and continues on with the reloading process. It is noticeable during the inspection...but you do have to inspect them.
  21. If it's not unfired it is fired. But a round that didn't go off may still fire on the 2nd or the 3rd or the 10th hit, or worst case spontaniously after a couple of seconds if it's a hang fire. I witnessed a hang fire some weeks ago on a 9mm at an IPSC match: first a click and when the competitor wanted to rack the slide the gun went bang. A round might be 'attempted' or 'engaged' or whatever. But as long the powder is unburnt it is unfired and hazardous.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.