SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. If she was a he, and peed on my leg, I could see where she was getting me to play "fence post". But since she isn't, and she didn't, I don't understand what you're talkin' about.
  3. Anyone who does Browning BSS work knows the Miroku 500 inside out! Essentially the same gun. Ol # 4 does great jobs on 'em. Good luck, GJ
  4. They also gasket everything that uses oil to keep it in it's place. And they circulate it with a pump. Guns don't have either of those! Grease has it's use, even in autos. Look at the ball joints and steering linkages and drive axles and CV joints. No oil on wheel bearings either. Many of those applications have a heavy load, slow motion, are not easily accessed, and are exposed to dirt and weather similar to a firearm. All a gunsmith has to do is get the gun out the door feeling slick. Once shots are fired, it's the customer's job to pick the right lube. Good luck, GJ
  5. Perhaps your dog actually got you to “play fence post”...Didya think of that? Your training is ongoing...
  6. You mean other than hoot and holler and have a grand old time? Start high and gradually crouch down the thicker the smoke gets.
  7. Hint- There are lot to lot variations on spring making runs. When I want 2 or more identical guns to be sprung exactly the same. I call Wolff Gunsprings, and ask that my order be filled from the same lot run. OLG
  8. SB caters to the demographic that brings in the money. Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction garners more interest than a precision marching band.
  9. On all parts all I have ever used is GI issue LSA medium Weapons Oil MILSPEC L-46000B. Great in any weather and never had a problem with it in military and 50 years use in retirement. Down to my last bottle. Not worried, I may be gone before it is used up.
  10. Thought I'd give frontier cartridge a try for awhile. Shot my first match with no wind and heavy smoke. Are there any tricks or something different you do when this happens? I'm shooting 45 LC
  11. An interesting question: how many of those attending the rallies are registered to vote, and vote in every election?
  12. 47 years ago this very month, I was “enjoying life” at Ft Benning’s Ranger Camp. In a dream last night, I found myself back at that same camp but this time we were training monkeys to conduct dismounted patrolling through a heavily forested area in preparation for deployment to Vietnam. It was really frustrating. No matter how hard we tried, those damn monkeys didn’t pay any attention or take anything seriously. As a result, the Army decided we'd better not go! When I woke up, I was completely tuckered out!!! Just a humorous rumination from an old foxhole ....
  13. That's only for the OMV. Not for the NMV. The springs at one time were different lengths between OMV & NMV. OLG
  14. Why would that be any different than from a pistol target ?
  15. Ever watch Shotgun Boogie work..... a drop of Mobil 1 here and there if it slides, spins.. I was and am a convert to Mobil 1. As he said don't you think the automotive industry would use the best.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.