SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I used to use the oven. But my wife fussed about it. I bought one of these. happy wife = happy life! https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020626313?pid=758312
  3. I really wish I could squeeze this into my schedule but 2025 I’ll be retired with plenty of time!!
  4. A while back I was telling a few here that I had a few CCI LRP not working in some 45-70 loads I worked up. I was very frustrated as I had 60 more that I loaded and was afraid they wouldn’t go boom. I finally got around to pulled a few of the cases that ftf. I was mystified because the primer was clearly decomposed and the powder was clumped up and sticky. I let the cases sit open for a few days due to my work load. When I came back to them the powder was flaky like it was supposed to be. I pulled another and it was clumpy but it dried within a few hours. I initially thought resizing lube had contaminated the powder and primer. After seeing the powder go from clumping to loose and flaky, I think I still had water from wet tumbling in them. I shook the rest and could hear the powder shifting so I think they’re good. I have since added time in the oven at 170 degrees to all my brass processing, if I need it soon. Lesson learned.
  5. NIGHT SHOOT!!! Night shoot!!!! You will have sooooo much fun!! Tommy and I will be there! You have made family stuff a priority enough! You get THIS one! LOL! Bring Laura! Here’s @Ruff Kut shooting the night shoot! IMG_8589.mov I really hope you can make it! Hugs! Scarlett
  6. That happened to me with some 32 HR mag cartridges - changed bullet profile cause it was what I had but they wouldn’t chamber all the way. Didn’t do what @Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 does - reseated and had that sliver of lead around mouth. They chambered FINE! It was unloading them that was a pain. I was at a match so I got my handy dandy pocket knife and removed the offending sliver! Fortunately, I did NOT have 600! I am usually smarter than that - you change one thing - you CHECK that it’s gonna work. Lesson learned! Big hugs! Scarlett
  7. *Not Applicable In california* *Shoplifting below $950/day not subject to arrest.
  8. I offer .427, .428 and .430 bullets. Traditional lubed (wax for smokeless or APP) and Hi-Tek polymer coated (good for smokeless or APP). Big hugs! Scarlett I don’t want to violate wire rules. Maybe @Colorado Coffinmaker will vouch for me
  9. If anyone needs something from me, please email me at bulletsbyscarlett@gmail.com I’ll be coming from another match and want to make sure I have what folks need! I can’t wait to see the club, shoot the side matches and catch up with wonderful folks! Big hugs! Scarlett
  10. See, I was right….didn’t take you long to get out your bullhorn. Kajun
  11. This is one of the most under valued and FUN matches around! Tommy and I have so much fun there! The Boy Scouts are FABULOUS and really hustle getting the carts to the right stage! And, they know how to use a variety of brakes! The Ohio cowboys and cowgirls can COOK, too! @mean gun mark is already planning the menu - ribs, brisket… OMG! It’s all so good. I cannot recommend this match more! It’s fast and fun - but different shooting down and across a ravine. You WILL have fun! You won’t be hungry and you’ll make a bunch of friends and reconnect with a bunch more! Hugs! Scarlett Mean Gun Mark slicing the ribs! View from ALMOST at the top! This jail is a challenging stage. You can see the targets through the bars.
  12. You're definitely right (as usual). Duke Skywalker has the SxS world record. We might as well call it the speed shotgun championship of the universe. Do you have Red Knee's address? We may have to stop by on our way out, hog-tie him and throw him in the back.
  13. Today
  14. You’re TOO late, @Krazy Kajun! My hat done be on da stretcher already! @Boaz and @Crazy Cryder got a LESSON at EOT! And, @Widder, SASS #59054, I was right to shoot your Marlin in NC when I first met you! I was right to listen to you about shooting GF! Hugs! Scarlett
  15. Tell J.P. to use a little Super Glue and it will be almost good as new.
  16. Hey Trigger Mike, how would these work? https://www.sarcoinc.com/cia-contract-ordnance-pouches/
  17. Would sure like to see a picture after the grips are on. Thanks Bullett
  18. PLUS ONE for Precherman And What is your propellant?? If you're shooting Black Powder, you'll need a BP compatible lube and coated isn't it. Smokeless call for crayon type lube and coated "may" work. APP doesn't require any form of lube. Rugers are VERY prone to undersize cylinder throats. With lead bullets, and a 429 Bore, Optimally you are better off with .430 bullets. Performance with .427 bullets will be less than optimum. .427 will also be prone to leading. Resizing already coated bullets is sketchy. I'd strongly suggest checking your throat dimensions and reaming to .430
  19. This is always a great match, and the peripheral hijinks are some of the most enjoyable in all of SASS. checking gas prices... Cheers, FJT
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.