SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. THAT’S IT! I knew it couldn’t be that other word...Not on Deadwood...
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how hard it is to lose your partner in crime
  4. Since I shoot a Propellant that contributes copious amounts of target obscure-a, I like about 5 feet lateral dispersion. Shotgun same same. I prefer lots of movement even though it tough on an old guy. Progressively moving forward is huge fun. STAND AND DELIVER is a lot like kissing yer sister. I really like contributions from new folks who obviously already know it all. Enabling that is. Since we're not gonna go with 5 feet ...... PLUS ONE to GRIFF!! You betcha.
  5. The really fast busy imeans there’s a problem getting to the final switching center. (Central Ofice) At some point all the lines are busy or out of order. First wife did a lot of the conversions from one switching system to another.
  6. A good friend of mine has an acquaintance who has some expensive old Colt revolvers and some VERY expensive grips he wants fitted to them and installed. Anyone know someone he might speak with about that work? He is in the Tallahassee Florida area and naturally someone he could carry them to in person would be preferred. Thanks. Cass
  7. +1 to July. I recall seeing some of those sights in the parts bin at Cimarron but that was a few years back. When those guns came out, there was no rear sight (because Clint's movie gun from back then had none). People that had them didn't miss the rear sight. That sight gives a good sight picture but is sharp and doesn't "Look right" to me. If I had one, I think I'd remove the rear sight and replace it with a dovetail blank.
  8. I don't know where RED KNEE lives, exactly, but he sent me an email pic of a twisty estimated about 2 miles from his house. He was taking the picture from his 'Safe Room'. No, it wasn't his gun safe room but rather a specific room built into his house for such an occasion. That 'Twisty' looked darn big and mean. ..........Widder
  9. Seeing as the gun is imported by Cimarron I would give them a call first. VTI has it listed as part number #154 and the little screw as #119 http://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=32&cat=Uberti+Richards-Navy
  10. Personally, I don't care for the Call Waiting feature and I had it disabled on our phone. I consider it insulting/ignorant to be talking with someone, only to have them say: "OH! There's someone else calling" and click off from our conversation. If that happens, I just hang up. But then I am a GOFWG.
  11. A private citizen calling in information to the police CAN be grounds for the police to get a warrant, but a lot will likely depend on the circumstances and reputation of the tipster. A tip from Gladys Kravitz, being a known curtain snoop and busy-body with a reputation for unfounded and unprovable assertions, would probably have the judge tossing any police requesting a search warrant out on their ears, whereas a tip from Dr. Roy Hinkley would likely get a favorable nod from the judge. The maid going into a hotel room is reasonable and routine; the person who has a grudge against someone and breaks into their house to find out if they're up to something is neither.
  12. When I needed a barrel for my Remington, Uberti was no help whatsoever. Try Taylors, at least they will talk to you.
  13. I ZERO mine at the local Bow and Gun Club. Local indoor ranges are a bit testy about APP loads. Oh, forgot. I only "Zero" for windage. At 7 to 15 yards elevation is mute. I can't see a target at 100 Yds anymore so why bother??
  14. I have an Uberti 1851 Man With No Name conversion in a .38. (Cimarron) it has a rear site cut into the barrel and I need to order one. I have scoured the internet and reached out to Uberti but have yet to get a response. Anyone have any ideas?
  15. Prayers for he and his loved ones heading south from the Northern side of the Medicine Line. May the Light Perpetual Shine Upon Him and give peace and comfort to his family.
  16. I'v noah clue. All my Brass rifles are Henrys (except 1) and are 45s. They all ring the steel at "Cowboy" range and take down 6" flipper/floppers just fine so I never bothered. I shoot 452s in em. By actually current '66 is a 44 and I use 430 bullets innit. Same result as above.
  17. My very deepest sympathy on your loss. Prayers for her and your for your comfort, heading south. May the Light Perpetual Shine Upon Her.
  18. Today
  19. Howdy, Dakota, Those are beautiful! And while I can't afford them, I gave them a Like, which is your first "Reputation" score. Rep matters to some folks, not so much to others. Anyway, those are really nice. See you down the trail, Brazos John
  20. I’ve gotten that real fast busy signal, like before it even rings. Usually means there’s a problem on the other end. I haven’t got a regular busy signal for years!!!
  21. This looks to be almost as much FUN as annealing a batch of 45 Colt rifle cases
  22. I'm shooting 5.5 of TB driving a 250 grain bullet. I do find it a little on the hefty side in my New Model Vaqueros, but HEY! I'm a WARTHOG!
  23. Concealed carry is all about compromise and finding what balance between weight, size and power works best for each individual. I am sure a folding Glock appeals to some, and might even be practical for a very select niche market. Putting together "BUG Out" or "SHTF" bags is sort of popular now and the idea of being able to put a fairly compact yet still full sized pistol in one of these kits might appeal to some. The concept of a "take-down" or folding model is nothing new. All that said, the folding Glock as a concealed carry gun is not for me, I see it as a bad idea on par with carrying a gun with an empty chamber.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.