SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks for the review on the Henry X in 45 Colt. I've been giving these the big think for a few years but just haven't done it yet. These Henry "tactical style" lever actions I always thought were done rather tastefully compared to some of the tactical garbage available today in modern lever actions. Any chance you have any 300 grain handloads you could give a review on?
  3. Don't remember where I read this, but some cook said with peppers, scrape out the seeds and that should minimize or prevent the burning as the peppers exit the human body. You can use the seeds to grow your own peppers. I do this with red peppers and jalapeno peppers and I have not had any issues.
  4. It’s very similar to Tapatio. Subtle differences and maybe slightly milder to me. I buy those two in quart size bottles because I use them a lot when I’m cooking. Schoolmarm uses Tapatio in her bloody marys, which reminds me that I gotta pick up some more spicy V8! She used the last of that yesterday and I/we are making spaghetti sauce this weekend!
  5. Agreed Joe Perkin's (Classic Single Action) grips are outstanding. As for timing to complete, well..............
  6. Thank you Lone Spur, I have emailed her.
  7. Joe Perkins at https://classicsingleaction.com/contact/ did my presentation grips on my BBQ colt and two sets for my normal shooting irons, the fit and finish is superb and you can get about any wood you like. He also has ivory if you live in Arizona
  8. Sent from NE Ohio on Monday at 9:00am EST. Said it was delivered 11:35 am Tuesday. Fingers crossed.
  9. The 9th does what the 9th does, regardless of the Constitution and SCOTUS. Especially the en banc panels.
  10. And once again the NRA ignores California.
  11. It seems that either is acceptable. And, I think that technically, since the projectiles are hollow and filled with explosives, they are "shells." Just as with muzzle loading artillery which had solid shot, "common shell," spherical case, and canister. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16-inch/50-caliber_Mark_7_gun The Mark 7 gun was originally intended to fire the 2,240-pound (1,020 kg) Mark 5 armor-piercing shell. However, the shell-handling system for these guns was redesigned to use the "super-heavy" 2,700-pound (1,200 kg) APCBC (Armor Piercing, Capped, Ballistic Capped) Mark 8 shell before any of the Iowa-class battleship's keels were laid down. The large-caliber guns were designed to fire either an armor-piercing round for anti-ship and anti-structure work, and a high-explosive round for use against unarmored targets and shore bombardment. The North Carolina and South Dakota classes could also fire the 2,700-pound Mark 8 shell with the 16"/45 caliber Mark 6 gun, although with a shorter range. The Mark 6 gun was not as heavy as the Mark 7, which helped both battleship classes to conform to the limits of the Washington Naval Treaty. However, the two treaty-era battleships fired their shells at a lower muzzle velocity, which made their plunging fire superior to that of the 16"/50 caliber gun.[6] The Mark 8 shells gave the North Carolina, South Dakota, and Iowa classes the second-heaviest broadside of all battleship classes, even though the two ships were treaty battleships, exceeded only by the Yamato-class super-battleships. Each D839 propellant (smokeless powder) grain used for full charges for this gun was 2 in (51 mm) long, 1 in (25 mm) in diameter and had seven perforations, each 0.060 in (1.5 mm) in diameter with a web thickness range of 0.193 to 0.197 in (4.9 to 5.0 mm) between the perforations and the grain diameter. A maximum charge consisted of six silk bags (hence the term "bag gun"), each filled with 110 lb (50 kg) of propellant.[1] and http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_16-50_mk2.php ^Shell stowage for the South Dakota class was to be as follows: Each of the four mountings had 212 projectiles distributed as follows: 62 projectiles in the shell handling room 138 projectiles in the turret stool 12 projectiles in the shell hoists Turret #2 had 48 projectiles on the third deck. There were an additional 541 projectiles stowed in shell rooms on the first platform deck. In total, the planned stowage was 1,437 projectiles.
  12. +1 on the Yildiz from Academy Sports. Less than $500 and not too difficult to slick up.
  13. Today
  14. A belated Happy Birthday to her, and wishes for many happy returns.
  15. Thank you everyone. That’s the information I was looking for.
  16. Broderick Crawford on Highway Patrol never missed with his snubby!
  17. I ordered a spiffy crochet hook for my wife. OK, it would be late for her birthday. Tracking originally said Thursday, 28 March. Yesterday morning I checked tracking and said it would arrive on Wed. 27 March. Great! Checked tracking a little later, Departed Santa Rosa (where we are) to Ukiah....about an hour north of here. What? Well, maybe the parcel facility is there.....NOPE! Wonder how long USPS will play ping pong with it? Moving Through Network Departed USPS Facility PETALUMA, CA 94954 March 28, 2024, 3:20 am Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility NORTH BAY CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER March 28, 2024, 1:44 am Processing at USPS Facility UKIAH, CA 95482 March 27, 2024, 10:40 am Arrived at USPS Facility SANTA ROSA, CA 95404 March 27, 2024, 2:02 am Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility NORTH BAY CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER March 26, 2024, 11:08 pm Departed USPS Regional Facility AUSTIN TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER March 26, 2024, 9:26 am Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility AUSTIN TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER March 25, 2024, 7:57 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Facility AUSTIN, TX 78744 March 25, 2024, 6:42 pm
  18. If they didn't already know it, listening to the talking heads won't help them. I was pretty sure of it before the blatherers blathered about it, they just confirmed it. One of the local news guys pointed out that the MV was never in the proper channel but ran parallel to it. To me that screams navigation error. It had room to clear until power was lost. Barely clear, but clear the bridge.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.