SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. You get from FA what you pay for. When you handle one, you'll see. BTW, FA's are made from 17-4 stainless steel. OLG
  3. As a side note, I've seen several people over the years carry a derringer attached to their suspenders. They'd show clear at the ULT. Problem was after the match when we would go out to a eatery for food or awards. They forgot to take the derringer off of their suspenders. Florida is NOT an open carry state. I reminded them of that fact and they never had any problems but very well could have if the wrong people had noticed.
  4. BTW I have had Copperhead Juice. Not once but twice. The first time was at the US Open in 2010, in Sparta, IL. The other time was at the SASS Convention in Branson, MO. So Kiddo, I know what and whom I will be missing if I don't make it to Black Gold. I know I will miss meeting you, Waimea, and seeing some old (lower case indicates "long time" not aged friends) friends. , Allie Meaux
  5. Nope . No prints, but they can get DNA. But that’s by using a special adapter on a mass spectrometer that picks up minute droplets from the breath of the shooter. The heat and friction sear the droplets into the copper casing and by using this adapter the copper can be heated to the flash temperatures of the barrel releasing the residue of the droplets. A micro flash of distilled water is puffed into the mass spec chamber and the perp’s breath droplets residue is absorbed into the moisture and the mass spec can then pull the DNA from that mist and match it to the shooter, or at the very least to the last person that touched the bullet.
  6. Hasn’t anyone heard of Italian sausage?
  7. Just to add to Palewolf's comment. I made her show me that it was non-functional.
  8. Good for you, many don’t bother to check patterns or point of impact. If you have not done so, shoot it at match speed— picking the gun up from a table, load it, and fire it quickly. Where does it hit when you are going fast? A tight choke may move around a bit if you are not consistent with your mounting technique. Open chokes are more forgiving when you get sloppy with buttstock positioning. And OLG has a good point; the ammunition makes a difference.
  9. Not sure what “high and left....in both directions“ means. Do they both shoot high and left by that far off center? I would do as OLG recommended. If I remember the bores on the Stoeger Coachguns are Cylinder and modified cylinder bore but I can’t remember which one is which.
  10. All firearms brought to the line MUST be cleared at the ULT. (SDQ for failure to show clear). IIRC, hers was a non-firing "prop" gun.
  11. I would think that an already cooked meatball would get kind of rubbery after hours of extra cooking in liquid.
  12. They're a little heavier and a little bigger than the New Vaquero. If I can find time tomorrow I'll try and get a picture next to a 5.5 .357 Vaquero.
  13. The Sheldon Jackson museum in Sitka, Alaska has a collection of reloading tools made by Inuit from walrus ivory. The bullet molds were made using slate inserts hand carved to cast the desired bullet shape. Very interesting and ingenious.
  14. I loaded mine with 4 grains and a 200 grain bullet. Check out the reloading pages of M.D. Smith he has Schofield data on there.
  15. I get my grips here depending on what pistol. They require a little fitting. http://buffalobrothers.net/epages/6e0660d3-c48c-462c-bcf4-e93d79a29461.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/6e0660d3-c48c-462c-bcf4-e93d79a29461/Categories/On_Line_Store/4-G I live in the Spanish springs area of Sparks if you need help. No charge I ain’t in business.
  16. Today
  17. I must have been looking at the wrong website. The one I looked at listed a price of $2255.00
  18. I use a stainless 12ga Tornado brush .. I think they are great ... kind of springy when you squeeze them and seem to do a really good job (especially when you have neglected cleaning for a long time). I haven't noticed any marking or scoring at all. I see they are available in brass and bronze now too.
  19. I don’t know that I’d say genius, but he sure is something
  20. Howdy ....So as to not have a derringer cleared on every stage what are the accepted ways of fastening / locking to avoid pulling it out at the unloading table ? I have decided to wear mine all the time ....memory sometimes plays up, haven't slipped up yet but came close !! I remember when shooting with Penny Pepperbox a few years back she had it secured in such a way that it did not have to be checked . Thanks......
  21. Some kinds of lube can melt and run/move if excessively warmed. Be mindful of that if you order/ship during warm seasons or are tempted to leave them in a closed up vehicle in the sun.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.