SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Dispute the Order with your credit card co. Cancel the order and shop elsewhere.
  3. Actually the first and last picture is for the item marked #3. 1. Shotgun belt, 50" to center + 2 holes up or down. Holds 18 rounds, made by Hunter Co. Price is $50.00 shipped. 2. Holsters with belt for 38 New Vaqueros. Belt is cut for a lady 46" to center hole plus 2 holes up or down. Made by Tom Harris. Price is $135.00 plus $15.00 shipping. 3. Matching holster and Shotgun belt set made by Tom Harris. Holsters were made for Ruger Single Sixes. The bullet loops on the shogun belt were for 32 H&R but with some work they could be made to hold 38s. The shogun loops were for 20 gauge but with time and wet molding they could be made to hold 12 gauge. Again these belts were cut for a lady. Holsters & belt 39" to center with 2 holes up or down, shotgun belt 38" to center with 2 holes up or down. This is a really nice set of leather! Priced as a set $$220.00 shipped. Will consider selling separately.
  4. I've said it before and I'll say it again..... Its just unfortunate that it wasnt a SUICIDE SCENE that he was rehearsing!
  5. I placed an order for bullets on March 11th. For bullets that were labeled as available to ship the next day. I have sent multiple emails with no response. I have called multiple times with no answer and today I get a standard message that the number is not available or out of the coverage area. anyone else have any trouble. Or any suggestions for what may be going on. Close to disputing the charge with the credit card company at this point as it has been over 5 weeks without any response. there website still shows my order as awaiting shipment, as it has since March 12th.
  6. I remember years ago when I worked at Hughes Aircraft I did a few hours of OT one week and I had a few dollars less that 40 straight on my check. I was telling my coworkers that unless I could do 8 or more hours I wasn’t doing OT again. Sone of the brainiac physicists told me “That is impossible! You don’t know what you’re talking about!” I explained that I did. Then I proved it. THAT shut’em up. Morons with degrees. Where could we have been without them?!
  7. With Sear engagement I think it looks OK but I'm not sure what normal looks like. I assume the lip on the hammer gets worn down and I'd have to replace the hammer right?
  8. I just saw one of these for sale so figured I'd ride that interest. Had this sitting idle for a couple years, since I got my preferred system repaired so.... Shipped at $325 or delivered close by Tucson or at the Four Corners Regional next week. Ol' #4
  9. Check sear engagement first!! a spring won't fix a poor interface between sear and hammer notch. Ol' #4
  10. Been up this trail to the top of Whitney many times. When I was 18, I hiked the John Muir Trail with 2 friends from start to finish. Took 2 months and we had a blast.
  11. I think my trigger spring is worn out on my Uberti 1866. The hammer is riding the bolt forward in matches. I lever the rifle and the hammer is all the way forward. Cock the hammer with my thumb and it goes bang every time. I know I didn't have my finger near the trigger when closing the lever. At the Wild Bunch match last Tuesday I had to cock probably 25 of the 30 rifle shots. Ended up just borrowing a rifle to finish the match. For the life of me I cannot find a replacement though other than some put of used guns. Any help guys?
  12. Lots of non-infantry folks earned CIBs in Nam while serving with ground combat forces. And everyone, regardless of branch who serves in a combat zone, earns the right to wear a combat patch.
  13. As I recall, the tsar was heavily in debt after the Crimean war and was figuring that with the British Empire in Canada, they could just push him out of Alaska and he’d prefer having the much weaker US on his Eastern flank.
  14. I'm a unrepented double cocker. I tried to alternate cock, as instructed by my gunfighter mentor, Jackalope. It just didn't feel right. I will alternate cock if the stage works better that way. While double cocking, I have no trouble changing leads. What's funny is that if a pistol sequence is very difficult, I just concentrate on shooting the targets in the correct order and I don't think about single or double cocking. Whatever comes out of the revolvers just happens. Most of the time this works just fine; occasionally, at the end of a string a revolver will just go click. When that happens, I just shoot it with the other revolver.
  15. Today
  16. This is a WW II/Korean war era M1 US military carbine stock. It’s an early type III style and comes with metal butt plate, recoil plate and forend retainer. The only markings on the stock are the double set of arsenal refurbishing stamps. The butt plate is marked Standard Products. Overall good condition with minor dings and dents, no cracks, original oil finish. $200 plus shipping.
  17. Naomi Parker Fraley was an American war worker during the Second World War. She worked worker on aircraft assembly She was photographed in 1942 using a machine tool at the Naval Air Station Alameda. The picture was published in the local press, including the Pittsburgh Press. The following year, the iconic propaganda poster of "We Can Do lt!" started appearing in factories to campaign for worker morale. It is now considered that Naomi Parker Fraley is the most ikely model (known as "Rosie the Riveter") for the "We Can Do lt!" poster. The subject of the poster has previously been assumed to be of Geraldine Hogg Doyle, and only in 2011 did Naomi Parker Fraley notice the mistake and corrected it. She passed away in 2018, at the age of 96.
  18. Willie G, I'm interested......just don't know how to make private contact with these new fangled systems. Long time shooter....prefer face to face interaction.... Thanks, DD
  19. The way my mind works. I saw a cartoon. The Pumpkineaters, and the missus is worried that the other children will make fun of the new baby because they named him Peter Peter. This reminded me of Bones, and Booth shot a clown on an ice cream truck, so they made him see a shrink. The shrink was British, and when he would introduce himself he would say his name was Gordon, Gordon Wyatt. At first Booth thought it was like Bond, James Bond. But he wasn't giving you his last name. He was giving you his first name. Finally Booth asks about that and finds out that that is his actual name. Both his first name and his middle name are Gordon. So this gets me thinking about the stupid things people name their children, thinking it's cool, and the children have to live with it. That got me thinking about biracial children. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, and Tracy in one of his "I don't want a colored guy marrying my white daughter" arguments asks about the children. He says that the man and the woman could be going into this with their eyes open, sure they can accept the criticism of their neighbors for being a mixed racial couple, but the poor kid ain't got no say in the matter. After thinking of black/white kids for a while, I thought of Eurasian - which shows that it's not only Americans that are racist because eurasians are despised in every Oriental country - and then half breeds here in America. Indian/non Indian. And that got me thinking about the movie Big Jake. One of the bad guys was a half breed. And he chases the little boy into the barn, where the little boy stabs him in the face with a pitchfork. He starts to shoot the little boy, and Richard Boone yells at him. "BREED!! He ain't no good to us dead." And then I wondered. They grab the kid. They ride off into the desert. You suppose they could kill him and bury him in a dry wash, and still collect the ransom? Start with a stupid name and end up with murdering a kidnap victim. But everything in that chain of thought makes perfect sense, and one leads to the next one totally logically.
  20. as mentioned above be a combat zone without infantry MOS = right should patch later transfer to an infantry unit and earn EIB although I knew an artillery major who had a CIB, was sent to RVN, assigned MACV and worked in an infantry slot
  21. She didn't fully do her job and should have put her foot down and said no if they were trying to have her do too many jobs. But I believe they hired her, inexperienced, probably lower paid because they thought they could pressure her into speeding things up, skipping some steps, doing what they (the producers) wanted knowing they couldn't do that with an experienced more highly paid armorer. I could be wrong but this seems like a good possibility. Producer/actor saying let's go right away after a take pushing to move along, supports this.
  22. One pair of Running Irons, .357 Mag. Had surgery on both hands and thought that the lower hammers would help, it didn't, so I think I'll just stick with what I've been using. Sent these off to Longhunter to be tuned. Blued 4 3/4 Bbl, case colored frame, nice checkered one piece wood grips. These guns have had less that one box each through them. $1650 plus shipping from my FFL to your FFL First I'll take it get them.
  23. Hi all! Found another box with a bunch of Mountain man type stuff in it. I think the ball seaters are for 58 cal, maybe 54 (definitely not 50!) (Wood ball one does have a brass eater on the ball as well). Compass is marked UST. How about $40 shipped for all? USPS MO or personal check ok if SASS member.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.