SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Awaiting a UPS that's SUPPOSED to arrive today by ... seven minutes ago. Rechecked tracking, now it says by 7 pm. If it was FedEx this would translate by "Sometime after the weekend even though we promised it last Wednesday."
  3. For Sale a Bianchi holster for a 1911 pistol with matching Bianchi double magazine pouch. Holster marked #50, Chapman Hi-Ride. Magazine marked #80, Clip Grip & .45 Auto. Pouch shows more wear than holster. $80 + shipping for both.
  4. Buy a lottery ticket. Might as well press your luck while you're hot.
  5. Cleanliness is next to godliness
  6. By Thor's left ball! It got here today!
  7. That’s great but I have no idea of what you’re saying . I don’t work on cars and haven’t for years nor do I want to!
  8. My 2023 has the VVT-I cam timing devices. Great for mileage and power but also many small moving parts . Dirty oil is the enemy here.
  9. https://schweidandsons.com/blog/what-is-the-difference-between-prime-choice-or-select-grades-of-beef/
  10. I get mine at Smart and Final, kind of a warehouse type of store out here. It’s on sale often for $1.49 a bottle, good stuff.
  11. I've read that the tears during this scene were very real.
  12. Today
  13. Projectile covers everything that can be loaded....all shells are projectiles, not all projectiles are shells. Your last point is why I can honestly say that I have no guns in the house. No guns, no howitzers, no mortars.
  14. Curiosity plays a big part of it for me. How much interchangeably is there within a frame group. Multiple barrel lengths for a favorite frame would be a common example of parts swapping. Maybe 7.5” and 5.5” barrels for a pair of C Masons or running a favorite pair of 1860 Army frames with 1861 barrels and cylinders just to see how they feel.
  15. Regarding the point at which it is "too late" to award penalties under the following rules: SHB p.4 SHB p.32 ROC clarification The highlighted sections in the above quoted rules mean that penalties for those violations may not be assessed retroactively to any previous stages. ALSO: If illegal items/equipment have not been noticed by the time the shooter has left the firing line after shooting a stage, it is too late to assess any penalties for that particular stage. Corrections must then be made before shooting the next stage. Same applies to any failure to have the required items for a specific category (e.g. male BW shooter with no spurs). Any violations noticed after the shooter has cleared all firearms and left the unloading table may not be penalized.
  16. Another Facebook find. In the film Casablanca’s “battle of the anthems” scene, some actors seem truly moved as they sing La Marseillaise. Is what we see on the screen genuine emotion captured on the first take, or just good acting repeated over several takes? Thanks for the A2A; I did a little digging into this a few years ago after hearing Ebert attribute some of the emotion in this scene to how many of the actors were affected by the Nazis. Here’s the detail I was able to find: Paul Henreid - ‘Victor Laszlo’. Austrian, half-Jewish, left Austria in 1935 as an avid anti-Fascist. Conrad Veidt - ‘Major Strasser’. German, married a Jewish woman and fled Germany after the Nazis took power. Had it written into his contracts that he would only play Nazis if they were villains, and donated much of his income to anti-Nazi causes. Trivia: was the highest-paid actor in the movie! Peter Lorre - ‘Ugarte’. Hungarian, of Jewish descent, was a star in Germany but fled after the Nazis came to power. S.Z. Sakall. - ‘Carl’. Hungarian, was a star there and Austria but fled after Hungary joined the Axis in 1940. All 3 of his sisters died in the concentration camps. Madeleine Lebeau. ‘Yvonne’. French. Fled the Nazis after the fall of France, had only arrived in Hollywood a little before filming. Trude Berliner. ‘Baccarat player’. German, Jewish, fled Germany after the Nazis came to power. Lotte Palfi Andor. ‘woman selling diamonds’. German, Jewish, fled Germany after the Nazis came to power. Helmut Dantine. ‘Jan Brandel’. Austrian anti-fascist, was imprisoned in a concentration camp: was able to flee to the US due to family influence. Marcel Dalio. ‘Emil - Croupier at Rick's’. French, Jewish, a star in French cinema, married to Madeleine Lebeau above. Fled with her, got by in Hollywood via bit parts like this. [Edit]Thanks to Karen Kinsey for pointing me to several more: Louis Arco. ‘Refugee at Rick's’. Austrian, fled after the Nazis came to power. Ilka Grüning. ‘Mrs. Leuchtag’. Austrian, fled after the Nazis came to power. Ludwig Stössel. ‘Mr. Leuchtag’. Austrian, fled after the Nazis came to power. Hans Heinrich von Twardowski. ‘German officer with Yvonne’. German, fled shortly before the Nazis came to power. Wolfgang Zilzer. ‘Man with expired papers’. Married to Lotte Andor (above). American-born, moved to Germany at age 4, of Jewish heritage, was able to make it back to the States at age 36 in 1937. Curt Bois. ‘Pickpocket’ (above, in the middle; he’s warning the Englishman about pickpockets, while picking his pocket). German, Jewish, fled Germany after the Nazis came to power. Read more>>> https://tinyurl.com/5n8n4rpj
  17. Scorpion Tabasco, I would order from the website if I wanted it. I doubt local stores would carry it around here.
  18. Thanks Slim, you bet I will. Just go the the website and hit the contact us form or shoot me an email at tony@outlawbullets.com. T Bone
  19. Okay! Found the Mexico Lindo on Amazon. Several varieties are available. It’ll be good to try them out again. I remember the black and the red, but I also ordered three others.
  20. You all realize the OP is looking for a video that he can download to his computer. Everything posted so far is only available if you have an internet connection.
  21. Could have been because movie sets were only so big. The less a camera panned the less set you had to build.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.