SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. REF: p.4 - "Cowboy Clays Handbook"
  3. A Pard of mine had a bad day yesterday, he has Uberti Colt Clones, and the base pin got pushed into the "Safety Position" and kept the hammer from hitting the primers. I heard there is a fix for this by cutting or grinding off a certain amount from the back of the base pin. Can anyone enlighten me as to that measurement? Thanks!
  4. Long way off your range Outrider....T Bone runs a first class outfit and always makes a fun day for all every time I’ve been down there! BD
  5. I shoot Stoegers First purchase was in 2003.. The basic cheapest Stoeger.. 12 ga. SxS Double trigger.. All blued.. I put a recoil pad on it.. Disabled the auto safety.. Chamfered and polished the chambers.. I also had a local gun shop open both barrel chokes up on it to improved cylinders.. My wife took it away from me late 2004.. To replace it I purchased a Stoeger Coach Gun Supreme.. 12 ga. SxS Double trigger.. Blued barrels.. Polished receiver.. I Put improved cylinder chokes in both barrels.. Disabled auto safety.. Chamfered and polished the chambers.. 2019.. Both still running strong.. Rance Thinkin that's just me
  6. With great sadness to report the loss of our friend and founding member of Sandusky County Regulators Hoss Big aka Bob Staudinger passed away at 12:45 am. This Easter Sunday . He was the go to guy for building our range and we wouldn't have what we have today without him . I could go on and on about this great friend but I can't find all the words . Please keep his wife and family in your prayers this Easter he will be missed by all who knew him may he rest in peace . With a heavy heart , Woodfox
  7. Whoever made that video has never been south of NEW YORK CITY!!!
  8. Great archive post there in “Frontiersman setups” pards. A lot of great info and perspective. Now I’ve only shot cap and ball twice. The first was a week before the actual shoot and the second was the season’s opening shoot. I practiced at the range prior to see how the whole process worked. I loaded each gun on a stand which worked well. I have one flask for each gun because the caliber and charge is different. I prepped my colts by doing some diy smithy work on the uberti’s actions and cylinder pins. Setup the cylinder to barrel clearance. Fitted all with SliXshot nipples (no cap rakes installed) The day of practice and match day I liberally greased the cylinder pin with mobil grease. I thought that I was very successful in that I shot the equivalent 6 stages (30 rounds) through each gun without needing to disassemble of spray any extra lube in the works. The last shot was as smooth as the first. I was intrigued by the loading stands and am trying to figure why that might be faster than leaving the cylinder in the gun. The obvious to me is the ability to see clearly and perhaps the fact that the gun works are not in the way. The biggest challenge is over coming guilt. If any have some of my post in the short time I’ve been on the wire, you may have picked up that I prefer shooting JWS over anything else. I found loading (4) cap guns during a stage did not allow me to help on the posse or watch the other shooters. It was good that so many shooters turned out and the posse was big. I am seriously considering collecting spare cylinders for the 1860 then the 1851. The (2) Walkers may come later but if it gets to be too much I have gated Kirst cylinders but I found out they just don’t give the same satisfaction. ps. I kept all my stuff at my cart and load up right there I just keep an eye out for the occasional smoker.
  9. It would be all about stopping distance
  10. Brawn, however, is head cheese, and they have 12 cases of that. There's no milk because these are GROWN MEN, and have been weaned.:D 500 pounds of baking soda. That's a lot of upset stomachs.
  11. Happy Easter to my Cowboy Family and Friends! Enjoy the time with your families and remember those who can't be with their families. And most importantly remember the true reason behind Easter.
  12. Thanks for the reminder, I need to send that in.
  13. http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/(The_Man_from_U.N.C.L.E.)_-_UNCLE_Custom_Pistol
  14. That falls under fraud laws and should be reported to his State's Attorney General, the local authorities in his area, and the US Postal Inspection Service. If it's too late to do all that, just me, but I'd also be filing a civil suit.
  15. Please consider using SandboxIE. SBIE is a highly effective "internet condom" I place it with all my clients because it is more effective and much less invasive than malware scanners. It has no database to constantly update.. it simply prevents everything downloaded inside the sandbox from executing. You have to take an extra step to move any downloaded item from the SB and back to the "real" disk. Yes, you can shoot yourself in the foot doing this. If you download a bug, and knowingly move it out of the sand box, you will need a bug treatment software. WebRoot and Malwarebytes are two commercial products that work very well, and better than the others. SBIE operates in a protected address space where any downloaded bugs are vaporized when the browser is closed. Think of it as a "roach motel" where the bugs get in.. but cannot get out. The vast majority of bugs come from dirty web sites and emails. Most home users employ a web browser for both, so SBIE is ideal for this use. I have no vested interest in SBIE.
  16. Ok I didn't realize that this show was just an advertisement for NWO. When I was a kid I just liked it. What was the gun that Solo and Kuriakin carried? Real or just a Hollywood creation?
  17. Or ditch the cats an' git you a pup!! Didja' get yer buggy fixed?
  18. You probably can adjust the settings on your display for larger text and a brighter screen. Default settings are not for senior citizens. My last computer died a month ago. My first task after connecting to the internet was installing my anti-malware software.
  19. Today
  20. It seems almost everything I’ve gotten for sass has taken longer than the quoted time. My Shiloh Sharps was quoted 14 months, took 2 years. Custom colt quoted 18-24 months, Been well over 2 years now. Mernickle rig took an extra 3 months. El Paso Saddlery took an extra 2. Knudsen hat took an extra 6. In all cases, except for the Colt, communication was great with reasonable explanations for the delay. I don’t mind setbacks, but I don’t tolerate a lack of communication or the obvious excuse after excuse. I would have asked for my guns back a long time ago
  21. Get an automatic feeder for the cats and sleep later!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.