SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Ruger red box matched set of 45LC New Model Vaquero pistols with sass sequential serials. These pistols are stainless steel with 5 1/2” barrels. They have the Montado style hammers and black checkered grips with sass logo badges. These pistols were made in 2013 and come as is in their original stock condition without any modifications. They are ready to be sent to your favorite slick em up gunsmith to become race guns, or simply install some aftermarket springs. These guns were backups for us and saw little use, less than 50 rds through them each. I’m asking $1700 and can deliver these in person to the TX state championship match at Plum Creek. Otherwise will ship from my FFL to your FFL at your cost.
  3. What’s the key to its longevity? Paint and grease?
  4. Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks were the final duo of the many iterations of the Allman Brothers Band. They played together through the last years of the band’s live performances and on the last albums. Trucks officially joined the band in 1999 and played alongside Haynes until Gregg Allman passed in 2017, effectively ending the band’s run. (The guys had taken a break at the end of 2014 to spend time on new projects and with family. A new tour was planned and announced for 2017, but Gregg’s health failed and he passed in May of that year!) Warren Haynes joined the Brothers in 1989 and played guitar alongside Dickey Betts until Betts left the band. Haynes and Trucks still appear together often. Their interaction as a duo is unparalleled and reminiscent of Duane Allman and Betts when the band was first assembled. Most Allman Brothers fans will say that the duo of Haynes and Trucks took the band to new heights of instrumental excellence, holding on to the heart and soul of the original band and refining and intensifying the sound and orchestration. I saw/heard many many ABB concerts and nearly every combination of players that came along, from Duane and Dickey to Warren and Derek. Forty-eight years worth. I was around when Duane and Gregg played in local “battle of the bands”, appearing as “The Allman Joys”! When I first saw them with Derek Trucks in ‘99, I was blown away! He was/is the nearest thing to Duane in presence and he is probably what Duane would have become, had he lived to carry on. For me, for pure music, played live and without boundaries, no other band can match The Allman Brothers Band for heart and soul and creative interpretation!
  5. Part of the problem with the Martin B-26 was the fact that it was initially placarded to land at too LOW a speed, which led to stalls and crashes! It had such a bad reputation that AAF Chief Hap Arnold asked Jackie Cochran to fly the plane, his thinking being that "if a woman could fly it" male pilots could. What Cochran found was that the approach and landing speeds needed to be higher. In addition, Martin added length to the wings, which increased the surface area, and decreased the stall speed. After the modifications, and changes to flying speeds, the B-26 became an excellent medium bomber. The A-26, later redesignated the B-26 Invader was a much better attack bomber, and a number were used in Korea, with a bunch more .50 cal. MG's in the nose, and IIRC some 20mm as well. Yes, a number were converted to civilian business planes. (The plane in James Garner's movie, "Cash McCall" was just such a plushed-up B-26.
  6. https://www.datamp.org/patents/displayPatent.php?pn=14221&id=13696 https://www.facebook.com/reel/1172793884147685?mibextid=0VwfS7 https://www.goantiques.com/baxter-double-ended-931476 Similar
  7. Maybe one - Pat Benatar. Like all things, depends on one's perspective.
  8. You're right Comancheria Days is sure one of my fav. shoots...and all club & match folks are so nice & friendly...it's like having a mini vacation lol....crosscut hardy
  9. Thought you that reload might like to see this Lyman 12 Ga. loader from many years ago......A guy in Ga. has it and an Eleven Pound metal Can of Red Dot powder listed on the Outdoors Trader.......Says it's from the sixties.....
  10. Today
  11. It looks like you have 2 types of hull there, the lighter ones look like one piece compression formed, the darker ones appear to be the newer "HS" style.
  12. All prices shipped. Some have plungers/springs, some don't please see pics. Prefer Paypal Friends and Family, but a personal check will work. First I'll take "X" posted here gets it. Thanks. 1) Two Original Vaquero/Blackhawk hammers, bone color case hardened. $150 2) Power custom free spin pawls for original Vaquero/Blackhawk sized guns. Five total, 3 new, unused, 2 used. $150 3) Old Model blackhawk hammer, I believe this is 357 frame sized(not Single Six). $50 4) Three New vaquero hammers $75 5) Blued Single Six hammer $25 6) Four Super Blackhawk hammers. 3 Stainless, one blued, all new unused. The blued one has the plunger/spring. $300
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.