SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. It seems like the step shooting rule relates to time, not motion or actual movement. I could make the exact same moves the Incredible Mr. Bull did (including shooting with one foot off the ground or barely touching the ground) and nobody would call a penalty as I move through the smoke in slow motion. I think that is why we are struggling with this. We know the "intent" of the rules is to not permit shooting on the move yet we still must allow for adjusting to keep your balance (Mr. Bull has an exception as he doesn't care). If a flawless fast moving shooter does what I do, it's a penalty. It seems like we would have to go to a "complete stop, both feet down to close and fire rule" not basketball rule and then make some kind of modification to the adjust rule, like put a distance of X inches around it or you can only adjust after first shot in string from shooting position you are currently in. SIGH. It does seem inherently unfair in a timed activity that 2 people can do the exact same thing but if one of them does it faster, it's a penalty.
  3. If I remember correctly, this came about from a video posted on a social media forum by Ray Heartless. The shooter was blazing away so fast, his upper body and legs leaning in continuous motion, that it was hard to see except by stop motion, that he still had one foot, if not "planted", at least is was toe-ing the same place. The question was, "Does this earn an SDQ?" Unless a spotter or TO was carefully watching the shooter's foot, it looked like "shooting on the move". So, what happens if the spotters and TO felt the shooter was "moving" while shooting, even if one foot remained mostly in one place? We don't allow video review...
  4. I really enjoy the heavy recoil, deafening explosion, sheets of flame and clouds of smoke from my wart hog.45 Colt and ten gauge 3-1/2" loads of Holy Black. No one ever said that you have to be particularly bright to shoot black powder!!!
  5. Doc, I did not mean my comments to be humorous. I DO regret your being offended by my comments. As you certainly must realize, there was no personal affront intended toward you anyone here, but I AM OFFENDED by that public display of mediocrity and tribute to stupidity on several levels. Just let it go; it’s not worth a go-around. Cat Bules
  6. I've used Murphy's oil furniture polish on some old shotguns thet I won't have in a safe.
  7. This really dependent on just where your crossdraw is located on your body.
  8. around here , they are so SLOW getting ready , it will be about dinner time Monday , then I gotta do just that , kinda ruins all other plans YA KNOW they be right , even if they be wrong CB
  9. To the previous comment about Georgia being so free on gun control, it is interesting to note that of the 4,432 firearms seized by TSA in carried-on baggage in 2019, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport had the highest incidents with 323 LOADED firearms found in checked on baggage! (Compared to 217 in Dallas, 140 in Denver, 138 at George Bush Int'l, 132 In Phoenix, etc.) RR
  10. My son left his rifle in a gun case that was a little wet, enough so that the wood got "fuzzy" and discolored. Any way to remove the darkened coloring on the wood? It was an oiled stock, no clear coat or polyurethane like Ubertis have now. Fortunately the metal was oiled enough that it didn't rust.
  11. Thanks to both of you. When I was using the search function I used Ruger 44-40 or Vaquero 44-40 and it was not coming up.
  12. I agree with the OP. Not too much here on the SASS forum, but my local list serve always just says "For Sale". Then you have to click on it to find out what the hell they want to sell.
  13. a Whitworth would be a good addition as well.
  14. Amen pardners. It is disappointing to click on something that you think is for sale only to find out they need it. This is the proper section for this rant.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.