SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Does anyone use this type of lock for safe or gun box in car??? Need some thoughts on them...I, at this do not use them....Not 100% sold on them... Texas Lizard
  3. If you get a thermometer, get a Thermopen. My Wife bought me one and I could no longer do without it.
  4. Howdy Texas, I noticed a similar problem while loading my .45 Colt mixed brass. I seat and taper crimp separately. I measured my mixed cases and found that, having set up my crimp station with some of the shorter cases, the longer cases were being over crimped. Trimmed all the cases that were long and the problem went away. By the way, I use a Lyman two step "M" expanding die adjusted to just let the bullet fit the case mouth with almost no "belling". Then with the taper crimp, the case mouth is worked as little as possible. With Cowboy level loads my case life is almost infinite. I can't remember more that a few split cases in 20 years. This is using light, but not gamer, level loads. Rev. Chase
  5. Thanks for the idea. I stopped using my Sonic cleaner because it took so long for the cases to completely dry. DUH!
  6. Someone should stampede a herd of cattle through that camp.
  7. Cooking thermometers are your friend. As a guesstimate, with nothing else to guide me, I would cook the reduced size dish to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. At least I would be sure it was hot enough to kill any pathogens (bacteria, viruses, fungal spores, and parasites) that might be present. And I could use that attempt to guide future cooking parameters.
  8. AGREE. Surely with an appeal, somebody in the club should have know the correct rules governing this type situation. RESHOOT. Misses do not carry over. AND........ TO needs to take a refresher course, assuming the TO has ever taken any courses. ..........Widder
  9. Sometimes you come up with some of the best flavors doing something that doesn't really make sense. I think I've mentioned this before. My recipe calls for a cup of Parmesan cheese. And I was making this at my daughter's house, and the container marked parmesan only had about a half a cup in it. But there was another container sitting right next to it that appeared to also have grated Parmesan. It wasn't marked. I used it. Very interesting flavor to the lasagna. When she asked me what I had done different, and I had no idea but I mentioned that I had used two different containers of Parmesan, she told me that the unmarked container had feta in it. So now whenever I make lasagna I use a cup of Parmesan and a cup of feta. Accidental, but good.
  10. The TO should not have stopped the shooter. The shooter should have gotten a reshoot. The only penalty that carries over is a safety. Good lord.
  11. Length. If the case has stretched, it can cause problems and they need to be trimmed back to the starting point. But, I have never had straight-wall pistol brass grow so long that it caused this issue.
  12. Today
  13. Never thought of putting breakfast sausage in Italian food. My sauce, that I use on spaghetti and in lasagna, makes about a half gallon when it's through simmering. If it's just for spaghetti it's got a pound and a half of hamburger in it. When I do lasagna I add a half pound of Italian sausage. Ground and browned. Going to have to give that breakfast sausage a try. Thanks.
  14. F/S LEE Loader 12 gauge Set Very nice "user set" Very small chip in chrome at top as seen in pics, no 6 point crimp starter or instructions. The crimp starter shown is 8-point The set does not show any misuse or "hammering" $ 65 Shipped to you in the USA *********************************************************************************************************** IDEAL / LYMAN Bullet Mold # 429244 Keith Style .44 SWC, 245 gr. Gas Check. Really nice mold, (no light when held closed, etc) $60 shipped to you in the USA
  15. You fellers 'quack' me up. I'm glad you're both into 'Chickens' and not ducks. TW is correct in on thing he's told me......... Shooting Bull ain't good enough to shoot the TN State. ..........Widder
  16. Two- handed shooter has a misfire on the 5th round in first pistol. He re-fires 8 times with no additional round discharging. Reholsters pistol with hammer down on an expended round, and bad (live) round in cylinder, not under the hammer. T.O. stops shooter to check for a live round under the hammer. Round under hammer is expended. T.O. grounds the gun and directs shooter to proceed. The delay costs shooter about 20 seconds. Shooter is denied a reshoot. On appeal, what would be the appropriate action? My own thoughts: Shooter definitely had one round unfired (miss). Reholster was not a violation if hammer was down on an expended round, so being stopped was unwarranted. -- Offer re-shoot of stage with miss from the unfired round carried forward.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.