SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I work in a similar situation. It is easy to say that you would rather be fired than not carry but in my case the alternative would cost me about 2/3rds of my current pay as there is not another job that I can go to that will even come close to this pay scale. Some of you live in states working over time to eliminate the 2nd amendment which means you give up a lot of freedoms people in other states enjoy. WHY???? Me; I put up with not being able to have a firearm in my vehicle at work because I want to retire before I am 80 years old. If the economy holds I should be able to retire when I am 60 1/2 years old. I can do this because my chosen field pays well which has allowed me to max out my 401K, plus catchup, plus my IRA for the last several years and not live pay check to pay check in the process. Quit and my next job would likely be shovelling manure out of a pig pen simply because I would rather be homeless than work at micky Ds It is easy to say you'll quit first until you have to face the consequences of that decision. I am lucky in that I live in a very safe community and have very little to fear during daylight hours. When I have to work nights I travel from work to the house with no stops inbetween. No gas, late night wally world or anything else. Several years ago I was in a job I hated. However I was smart enough not to quit and loose a lot of certifications that could not be easily replaced. Instead I spent 2 years sending out resumes to companies in locations I wanted to live. I probably could have found a job sooner but I would have only been trading one misery for another. Instead I toughed it out until I found a job I liked in a location I wanted to live in until retirement. Any company can fire you if they want to and 99% of the time there will be nothing you can do about it. I can recall at least a half dozen people fired for doing incredibly stupid stuff like stealing 25 cent rolls from the cafeteria or stealing a candy bar or soda from a honor snack bar. When you work as a government contractor the easiest way for a company to dismiss a person they don't want is for mis-charging labor. A good auditor can always find something if you work in a place where you are electronically tracked because all the doors have badge readers and internet usage is monitored. We all make choices for a multitude of reasons; family and financial security are most likely at the top of the list. Sorry to hijack your thread Calamity Chris. Thanks for the warning. I hope your friend takes self defense classes and decides to carry as not every bad situation can be solved with a firearm.
  3. Hello, we just received first order ever from Alaska although this shipment will be to Oregon (the same person). This is awesome, thank you. We will send your PCC capper on Monday and I will give you tracking numer afterwards. Cheers, Agnieszka http://www.polishcappers.com
  4. Today
  5. Never knew that, it's good information to have.
  6. At last i thought that maybe your UPS package arrived.
  7. Without the money of NYC they would be no different from the Toledo Mudhens.
  8. I'm looking for information or parts on modified carrier or bolt parts for 94' Marlin CBs, thank you , Splitthumb 

9. Well... so far four people I know have said "I'll take 'em!" Go put in a claim at the Goat Pound - they'll be released in fourteen thirteen days. Actually, I do hope one of 'em gets them. Darned things were well cared for, clean, well-disposed... likely as not some kid's FFA project. Folks I know would give 'em a home where they'd earn their keep eating weeds and have a good life. Otherwise, in this area, they'll be converted to tacos right quick.
  10. High definition SONAR Has made searching large areas of the ocean orders of magnitude easier.
  11. Wow... sounds like some of MY projects, but with a definitely more harmonious outcome!! Gotta love the ol' E-tool.
  12. I get same day delivery on parts.
  13. Laurel and Hardy in The March of the Wooden Soldiers. It's the first movie that I remember seeing on TV back in the early 50s.
  14. My favorite movie of all time is The Great Race. Sticking with comedies, my other favorites include: The Princess Bride Ghostbusters Stripes Young Frankenstein Galaxy Quest Blazing Saddles Animal House Blues Brothers And to round out the top ten, the other night I caught North to Alaska. I forgot how much I enjoyed that movie.
  15. Sorry, when I hit the submit reply button, it said resubmit in 8 second & kept saying that. I hit the button several times & I guess it was submitting!
  16. San Francisco has a city ordinance making it illegal to carry a concealed weapon, even if you have a CCWP.
  17. San Francisco has a city ordinance making it illegal to carry a concealed weapon, even if you have a CCWP.
  18. San Francisco has a city ordinance making it illegal to carry a concealed weapon, even if you have a CCWP.
  19. San Francisco has a city ordinance making it illegal to carry a concealed weapon, even if you have a CCWP.
  20. San Francisco has a city ordinance making it illegal to carry a concealed weapon, even if you have a CCWP.
  21. San Francisco has a city ordinance making it illegal to carry a concealed weapon, even if you have a CCWP.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.