SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yes!! There IS a common sense gun law!! It’s called the Second Amendment!!
  3. The thing is that the event is so cool that the heat ain’t a major problem!
  4. Yup... USUALLY my taurus curve with viridian laser and light with a +1 mag in the gun and the regular 6 round mag on my belt loaded with buffalo bore 90gn JHP +P if its a WB shoot, i just open carry my 1911 with match ammo loaded in it... 200gn rnfp@800fps+- should do the trick...
  5. And....... a good place to hide from the law.
  6. I am sure I will be at the range on Mon, but thanks for the # and will call.
  7. When it's 2a.m. and you can't sleep Cave Man is beyond hilarious.
  8. “Favorite” old movie (that I can remember now, anyway) “It Happened One Night” - 1934 — Clark Gable — Claudette Colbert Cat Brules
  9. Here's a good video to learn how to adjust the tension in a 1911 extractor, if you are up to working this yourself in the mean time. Wilson Tech Clip on 1911 Extractor Tensioning https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiTlZyqn6flAhVDqZ4KHXWhAk8QwqsBMAB6BAgIEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DUOSmJd7HaDY&usg=AOvVaw1Djbu_exKTRJRqx-fuU-Im Good luck, GJ
  10. Water usage last month was 9,000 gallons. A bit much for two people.
  11. Allie Mo: it'll be hotter than Hell's hinges. I generally abide by an 85-degree rule but will make an exception for Black Gold as long as I'm drawing breath and not institutionalized.
  12. I don't use the computer so never let my wife know the message box was full,. She has now emptied it I pulled out of Bordertown last week because of the gun, so will not be shooting. I will be out there every day, I didn't think Jim worked on 1911, knew he was coming. Will have the 1911 with me when I am out there. Thank you for getting back to me, , ,
  13. Put floaters on it and wait for the water....When it floats, pull it in.... Texas Lizard
  14. Did not need to go there to find corrupt politicians....They are kinda local too....Spent a year at King Salmon...Ruff duty....Did nothing but fish all summer... Texas Lizard
  15. Dub and Dumber.....Owen Wilson's toilet scene, never laughed so hard in my life.
  16. I know the pain of water leaks. Bathtub faucet in a bathroom I seldom use started leaking. No structural damage but got a 400.00 water bill.
  17. Blaze - your Personal Message box is full of messages...clear it out some and I'll send my phone number. Thanks, GJ
  18. Kimber makes a Super Match II 1911 now. I don't see the model you bought that was made in 2004. But, 1911 parts are highly interchangeable. I've got two new extractors I'll bring, as it does sound like an extractor problem could be your situation. I'll bring my extractor tuner kit, too. Stones and tension gauge and trigger pull gauge (used to measure the tension). I do not have a slide release. I find I get over 100K rounds from a slide release, so I don't have a spare right now. I've got a ton of Tripp mags with me at all times, I believe Jim Bowie is coming to BT with his portable work trailer. He may be your best bet for a quick and accurate turn-around. Check out there Monday..... If I can help, I'm willing to try. But I got a feeling you are starting a little too late to get this gun running well for BT. I'll PM you my mobile number. Should be at the Territorial RV park after 7 PM on Monday. Good luck, GJ
  19. That right there looks like a northern prairie dog...
  20. Stripes was one of those movies that should have ended a half hour before it did
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.