SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I only had the privilege of meeting Judge once at Ohio State match last year, he and Yazoo shot on my posse. One heck of a cowboy and a good man. So sorry to hear this , we'll all be sayin a prayer for ya Yazoo in Ohio.
  3. Well said, and there are no promises that any of us will be here tomorrow. Life is so fragile, let your loved ones know how you feel each and every day!
  4. Dear Bubba, Your posts are always positive and "a breath of fresh air." Bravo for doing it again. Sincerely, Allie
  5. West Point spokesman Frank Demaro told CNN on Wednesday that he expects many more landmarks in the school's future when it comes to diversity. The blazes with diversity. As long as they can and will do what's asked and needed of them, I don't CARE about skin color, background, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation. If they CAN'T or WON'T do what's asked and needed of them, I don't CARE about skin color, background, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
  6. Love you, Wally. Have a safe trip to heaven. You were such an important part (like the very heart) of River Bend's successful state matches and I can't believe we've lost you. I've always been proud to consider you a friend. Yazoo - I will pray for you daily. I can't even imagine the heaviness of your loss. My deepest condolences. Witch Doctor
  7. Seth Bullock to a Soldier among a large group of Soldiers: "What are you doing here". Soldier, "We're here to vote." Seth, "Who are you voting for?" Soldier, "They ain't told us yet."
  8. Noah Cash

sharps rifle

Just looked at this thread last night and thought I'd check my wife's rifle, an Armi Sport imported by Taylor's in 38-55. It too has the 1 in 18 twist, and my bullets as cast weigh in at 244 to 246 Grs. I hope to be able to get the gun ready for her to shoot in the near future. She will start with a mild load of Smokeless and move on to the black when she is comfortable with the gun. The info concerning the twist rates vs. bullet weight should be a real help.
  9. I just came dragging in from the Ga. State match and I have nothing but praise for all the folks who put on this event. 1st class all the way. Fast Eddie, Black Hawk Henry and all the rest of the folks who did all the work did a fine job. Camping on the range is the way to go and they have over 50 campsites. I loved the stages. Fast, close and interesting. Well, I shot most of them fast anyway. Thanks for the great time. I'll be back next year.
  10. Sounds like she was the one in the costume..... Merca B*****S! Cowboy up!
  11. So in the 18th century no cook is complete without a hammer? Sounds right.
  12. Last year I made a road trip from Tucson Az. to Columbus Oh. When I told the guys at work I had bought a new Atlas, they looked at me like I'm crazy, (they all think that anyway). As for road side assistance, I have that as part of my Car Insurance, and I can still call them on my flip phone. As for unlocking the doors..... I don't worry about it because I usually don't HAVE doors
  13. I'm so sorry we lost Judge. I was at the Georgia match when I heard the bad news. I just shot with him in April and he seemed to be getting stronger. I'll sure miss him. God bless Cindy and the rest of the family.
  14. Someone asked Calamity, "how do you like your whisky'? Calamity, "un-drunk".
  15. Pretty much the same in Tucson. I occasionally get asked if I work at Old Tucson, but more often I get asked to pose for pictures with the tourists. I think it's the gunbelt that they like.
  16. Older folks and young children seem to react pretty favorably when they see SASS folks dressed up. I gave a youngster an extra badge once and made him a deputy. His parents seemed pleased. Older folks react to their youth and the westerns they saw on TV. At a SASS dinner in NJ one year attendees from another dinner next door came over to look and thought it looked like fun.
  17. How about elk with bark removed? Grashorn does a great job making them look close to ivory
  18. Today
  19. dont want to step on any ones toes if that deal falls thru let me know
  20. Calamity Kris was at Clara's cafe helping her clean up after the meal. As soon as they were done, Calamity excitedly sat Clara down and told her about the wonderful gift from Reverend Keller. "Clara you won't believe what Reverend Keller gave me. Why it's more money than I've ever seen." Clara stared at Calamity wide eyed and asked "What are you going to do with it?" The smile ran away from Calamity's face as she looked down at the table. "I think I'm going to give it back. I wouldn't want Reverend Keller to do without just so I could stock my shop. That's not right." Clara nodded in agreement. "The towns folk, led by Rye, have done a wonderful job of rebuilding the shop so all I have to do is restock it", continued Calamity. "Have you said anything to Reverend Keller about this?", asked Clara. Calamity nodded no. Just then, both ladies caught sight of a shadow that moved outside the window. There was no reason for anyone to be walking along that side of the cafe as the sidewalk leads to the back door. Had someone been listening to their conversation, were they lying in wait or something else............
  21. Very inexpensive. A quick search and I found several 9mm going for $220~ new.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.