SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. If you are a SASS member, let me know your SASS # by PM and I'll update your profile for you. Until then, I'm sorry but non-SASS members cannot post ads. Eli
  3. Twas brillig and the slivey dodes did gyr and gimble in the wabe.
  4. I have carried a gun on me when I wasn't supposed to on many occasions. Would you rather lose your job or your life?
  5. You need to check out http://www.americanlongrifles.org/forum/ If I were going to start with a pistol I'd get a Chambers kit: http://www.flintlocks.com/pistols.htm Jim is a master builder and one of the most respected in the flintlock world. Call and talk to them, you'll likely get his daughter, Barbie, who is very knowledgeable and helpful. You could start with a Kibler kit as well, VERY easy to put together: https://kiblerslongrifles.com/collections/rifle-kits Jim is also a master builder and over the years has started making all CNC kits. For more challenges you can get kits from Pecatonia River, Log Cabin Shop and a few others. I'm building one now from a pre-carve that I had a guy in North Carolina inlet the barrel and shape the buttstock.
  6. In Southern, that's "Lawsa murcy".
  7. It's like Tennessee in July, it's HOT but they have some shade and covered stages so it ain't real bad. It is a PARTY!! Randy
  8. I built a Lyman flintlock pistol when they first came out. I threw the sights away but everything else was worthy of my time. I swapped it for a ready to run percussion ten years ago, but there was nothing wrong with the flinter except it didn't match my Great Plains rifle. Now both are .50 percussion and I haven't shot either one in many years. Guess I'll have to do that some weekend soon.
  9. The smiles and laughter make up for any kind of uncomfortable weather you might find at Ponderosa Pines. Anita and I would love for you to come to Black Gold and we're absolutely positive you would have a great time! Oh, don't forget... Southern ladies don't sweat...they glisten. But sometimes when it's real hot, they glisten like pigs.
  10. Is playing banjo a requirement for making moonshine?
  11. Moderators already deleted the lengthy "whole story" a couple of weeks ago. I would venture that neither side went to their corner satisfied. Rex ,
  12. I couldn't bring myself to own something like that simply because it'd be a constant reminder of the idiocy of our so-called leaders.
  13. just about the biggest waste of an hour and twenty minutes since the last (and only) episode of Oprah I ever watched almost 25 years ago. I was bedridden and couldn't get anyone to turn the TV off or change the channel. Not a true actor in the cast. The ship changes at least three times. The gold colored mouse handled broomers were ridiculous. I believe that Star Trek started out with left over costumes from this monstrocity. There were no "special effects" obvious. Glad I watched it, though. It makes me appreciate some of the drek and dross than I find now and again.
  14. I’d like to one day build a flintlock rifle, and thought a pistol kit would be a good way to test the waters. Doing internet searches, there are more manufacturers than I would have thought. Pedersoli, Traditions, Lyman, Track of the Wolf, and I’m sure there are others I haven’t thought of. Does anyone have experience with these kits? my priority would be to have a quality figured stock, and for the sight dovetails to be pre-cut. Other than that, I think I can handle it. As always, the Saloon’s help is much appreciated.
  15. The cylinder being locked up was the original problem. Upon disassembly is when I discovered the broken hand. The hammer/hand turns the cylinder just fine before I put the cylinder stop (or bolt) in. Then the cylinder stop will not disengage which is why I figure the hand was broken while trying for force it to move against the cylinder stop. The gun isn’t mine, I’m just working on it.
  16. I have a after market Marlin cresent butt stock with a forend very good condition no cracks or chips. asking $65.00 Shipped
  17. Here is Sixgun Seamus and Sixgun Schwaby Here is Schwaby after he had collected a few bucks. Here is Imis after his pink hat was shot up for the cause(he wasn't wearing it at the time). Hopefully someone else has a picture of Kitty and others. Randy
  18. I'm sorry, but I just can't bring myself to care anymore.
  19. I'd say the new hand is too long (needs to be fitted) which means it is trying to turn a still locked up cylinder. Mike
  20. Congrats...brought back some memories...some not so fun of the spur ride. mine are still on display on my office.
  21. I'm very proud to announce that with a lot of help and gracious donations from the Cowgirls and Cowboys that came and shot the Tennessee State Championship we were able to collect $4400.00 for The American Cancer Society. For all those who donated by check I wanted to let you know all the checks went out in today's mail. Sixgun Seamus and High Cotton Kitty won the Pinkies for the Best Dressed Pink Cowboy and Cowgirl. There was so much pink this year the judges had a lot to look at but I think in the end the decision was unanimous. A huge thank you to Blue Eyed Drifter and Vix-n for creating and furnishing the awards. There are so many people that help in this effort I could never list all of them but I want to offer a huge heartfelt thank you to all who helped and all who donated. I only got a couple of pictures this year so I hope folks that got any will reply and post them. The 1st picture is Sixgun Seamus and High Cotton Kitty with their Pinkies, this was Friday night so they didn't have on their pink costumes.... The 2nd pictures is pretty dark but from left Chickamauga Slim with his pink Tutu, Imis Twohofon with his large pink hat, me in the center but I didn't have on my pink boots (they are shown in another picture) , Vix-n and Blue Eyed Drifter. 3rd picture shows that even the Gunfighter silhouette was sporting a pink bandanna and last are my boots. Hopefully someone can post a picture of Seamus and Kitty in their winning costumes.. Thanks again to everyone and start thinking about what might win you the Pinkie Award next year. Randy Quote Edit
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.