SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Three Cut in North Carolina. You can drop him a message here: https://www.facebook.com/james.clubbiii
  3. Last week I picked up the prettiest Colt Peacemaker .22 with a gorgeous case hardened frame and last night I finally gave in to my age old itch for a real Colt SAA from gunbroker. I need forgiveness and absolution but I don't know what church provides services for such as I.
  4. And make sure you use some form of gun oil/preservative when you're finished cleaning. BS
  5. 1867 Alaska Purchase: US takes formal possession of Alaska from Russia, having paid $7.2 million This made it possible for continental U.S. citizens to learn about exciting new things like oosiks, muktuk (whale blubber), muklucks, giant bears, cariboo, walrus, corrupt politicians, gold rushes, oil pipelines and more. It also brought the “Deadliest Catch” and other series about intrepid people conquering the wild out doors.
  6. Grass is about done for the year, we are still shooting. Get off (fill in the blank) Imis
  7. McCandless - who did the welding it looks seamless.
  8. I always thought the kid was thinking, "What the H, we're on the front line and you know the first to get shot you idiot"!
  9. Tarzan Triumphant. 1932. Gunner is a Chicago hood who is wandering around Africa with Lafayette Smith, a geologist. Speaking of Lafe, he says to himself, "I seen pipies what ain't as much of a nut as that guy; but," he added, "he's a regular guy at that. You can't help likin' him." Pipies?? In Australia the pipi is a small shellfish, but that doesn't seem to fit, and why would a 30s Chi-town hoodlum know about Aussie baitfish anywho?
  10. Keep cleaning it, usually took me 3-4 cleanings to get rid of the residue left by Pyrodex.
  11. Here's another options for changing the hammers... Keep the hammer and just change the spur. This is a Pietta 1860 Army with a Ruger Super Blackhawk hammer spur.
  12. I prefer to only wear a single belt. I have 5 pairs of loops in front of my gunbelt, buckle to the back, I can load a sxs or 97 easily, I am not fast. Imis (living up, or down, to my alias)
  13. San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera hit back against the National Rifle Association on Thursday, asking a federal judge to toss out the lawsuit the pro-gun group filed against the city last month that accused the Board of Supervisors of violating its First Amendment rights. The NRA’s lawsuit came less than a week after the Board of Supervisors passed a resolution labeling the group as a “domestic terrorist organization” for its efforts to block gun reform legislation. Supervisor Catherine Stefani brought the legislation to the board two days after the deadly shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival. In asking the court to dismiss the suit, Herrera’s office argues that the board’s action — a nonbinding resolution — represents an expression of a policy view and not a mandate to take any action. The NRA claimed in its lawsuit that the resolution would result in a blacklisting of the organization and anyone affiliated with it, potentially chilling their own rights of free expression. The resolution, the NRA claimed, constituted an “implicit censorship regime” by the city. “Criticizing the NRA is not against the law,” said John Coté, a spokesman for Herrera’s office. “The NRA is responsible for blocking common-sense gun safety measures like universal background checks, renewing the assault weapons ban and restricting high-capacity magazines,” Coté said. “For that, it should be publicly condemned. Legislators have the same free speech rights as their critics.” A few weeks ago, Mayor London Breed reminded city staff in a memo that the nonbinding resolution does not limit contracts with groups doing business with the pro-Second Amendment organization. “I knew all along that this was a non-binding resolution,” Stefani said in a statement on Oct. 1 and reiterated Thursday. “We made our point: the NRA is a terrorist organization. I will keep fighting them using every tool at my disposal.” The NRA said Thursday it won't withdraw its lawsuit yet. “The NRA will pursue this case until the City of San Francisco officially withdraws its unconstitutional threat and makes amends for the harm suffered by the NRA, its members, and its supporters,” NRA attorney William Brewer, said in an email. “The memo previously issued by the mayor underscores the merit of the NRA’s claims — but does not adequately address the negative impacts of the city’s unconstitutional resolution.”
  14. If the sub was Pyrodex, stop using it. I left a shotgun uncleaned with Triple Seven once for six months with no rust. Never a hint of rust on my wife's guns after shooting APP. We never see rust with MZ either.
  15. Uberti rifles vs. Winchester rifles made in Japan!
  16. Today
  17. https://www.ammoland.com/2019/10/franklin-armory-title-1-other-weapon-all-new-for-california-ban-state-shooters/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=aa4c8ff385-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-aa4c8ff385-21892343#axzz62hpcEvYd
  18. I shot some BP substitute in my Marlin 94 and didn't clean it as soon as I should have and parts inside the receiver got rusty. Cleaned them good and oiled them. After some time with no use I checked the rifle and the rust was back. Is there something I can do to prevent the rust from returning? Never had this problem with real BP
  19. The threat of “sweeping restrictions” being proposed to restrict target shooting on private property brought locals crowding into the Board of Supervisors’ normally quiet meeting in Springfield Township, Pa., Sept. 24. Several measures were formally proposed in the meeting, and rumors had suggested even more would be. Most of the proposed items were rejected, but one banning target shooting at night passed. Cal Huntzinger, a local who attended the Board of Supervisors meeting, told America’s 1st Freedom that word of the possible restrictions “got everyone’s dander up.” “We found out about it and we showed up in a heartbeat. I took four of my friends—we rode down in my pickup truck. When I called them, it took about three seconds for them to be like ‘Yeah, we'll be there!’" He said the Board of Supervisors was trying to address complaints mostly from new residents in the area who “get a little perturbed when people are banging away at night,” but longtime residents weren’t having it. “Some people move here from Manhattan and places like that, to restore a farmhouse and such. But it's rural here, with a tradition of hunting, fishing, NRA—you name it. … The people complaining maybe shouldn’t have moved here because it’s like that.” Springfield Township is in rural Bucks County, about an hour north of Philadelphia. It has a population of roughly 5,000 people and spans about 31 miles. Township Manager Michael Brown told America’s 1st Freedom in a phone call that “a bunch of people thought [the restrictions were] about the Second Amendment, but [they were] not.” (He tried to retract this comment, noting it was his opinion, not an official stance.) He said the discussion was more about the distinction of shooting ranges as either primary or secondary uses of land and provided an example of a private landowner inviting 50 people to shoot all weekend: “At what point does it go beyond accessory use to become a primary use as a range?” he said. That question apparently was not resolved in the standing-room-only meeting, though, as none of the measures adopted addressed it. According to the meeting minutes, the five-member Board of Supervisors responded to the public by: Rejecting restrictions for private land on how many people could shoot, what days shooting would be allowed, and the size of the property where shooting could take place. Lowering the minimum acreage required for public shooting ranges from 75 to 25. Extending protection from noise ordinances to landowners’ guests when target shooting on private land (the landowners are already exempt). Restricting target shooting on private land to the hours between 7 a.m. and dusk. Locals continued to raise concerns about the daylight restriction. One person noted that landowners would not be able to zero in telescopic sights at night and another that hunting of coyotes and raccoons at night could be mistaken for target shooting, potentially causing a complaint and thus wasting public resources. The show of strength for the Second Amendment demonstrates how important it is for gun-rights advocates to oppose any attempts to restrict our right to keep and bear arms. The NRA’s network of grassroots volunteers also can use your help to ensure we elect candidates who respect the Second Amendment next November.
  20. We need to get one of those to have at the range! Maybe needs a seat and holster scabbards.
  21. Now this is something really special.....if I wasn’t on fixed income!
  22. It's just the luck of the draw. I've swapped out hammers on upwards to a dozen Uberti Cattleman and had no problems. One even corrected a timing problem. Then I've had to basically rebuild a new (but previously owned) Cimarron Eliminator. Only way to know is to try it and find out. You'll need a hammer anyway. But don't get out hones unless you fell real confident you know what you're doing.
  23. Yankees are playing some terrible baseball, they're choking!! I don't like either team, in fact I hate 'em so GO NATIONALS!!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.