SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Shoot went well. All 50 cartridges went boom. No real problems. The guns did seem to be binding a little more than usual. Not sure if that was the papers fault, probably caps. When I cleaned them, some debris washed out of the chambers. Overall, way better than handling loose powder. Maybe I could use a jag to clean the chambers between loadings, like the worm for a cannon
  3. I check all my AA shells before a match. The Super Sizer will fix not all but 9 out of 10.
  4. I've seen non-overlapping targets deemed too close for a "Clean" miss. That's the problem - subjective. Phantom
  5. And you know they had to use Wikipedia to find out who they were. Kinda like doing a cover and not knowing it was a cover or who made it famous.
  6. While APP does not rust my guns, the residue buildup can stop them from functioning. After every day at a major match the buildup gets washed off. It is removed quite easily.
  7. Congrats JM and I appreciated your input and help with the walk thru. I’m still learning the ins and outs and ups and downs of writing matches. I’ve only written a couple of matches including the one you just shot so advice in the form you gave it is much appreciated.
  8. I love Clays. It's all I currently load with. Whenever I get down to two 8# tubs I buy another.
  9. From the thread title I was hoping for a photo of you with a big fish!
  10. i had looked for a few years for a lower to mount my kimber conversion to so i would not have to be switching it back and forth - i finally gave up and bought a sale item and cannibalized it [put the stock upper in storage in the original box ] i am happy - sorry this wont add to your happiness but you might be luckier than i in your search ,
  11. Hello Mr. Ham Call Altamont Grips and ask if they will make you a slim pair. They have a lot of great choices.
  12. It was a blast working on this match. I don’t know if I ever really expressed how hard Wabash Valley Slim worked. He hustled from sun up to sundown for 2 straight days helping with the stage fronts, props, tables etc. I’m not sure how I’d have gotten it done this year without his help. All but a few of the stages came from ideas that I “borrowed” from other folks. I got “blast the doors” from Fire N Fallback. The knockdown stage came from T-bone. Other contributors /influences were Cowboy Junky, Jake Dunson, Pig Iron Lane and the cracker crew to name a few. My motto is “If ya want the best, steal from the best.”
  13. A clean miss is just a term. Maybe is should be described as not getting a P due to overlapping P lapping
  14. I am looking for a 1911 frame. I picked up a nice colt slide some time ago and thought I would build one to shoot wild bunch. I have seen the 80% ones for sale but that looks unnecesarly complicated. It seems all of the other frames are priced really high. I am hoping ya'll have some wisdom for me.
  15. Your point is well taken. But if a shooter shot at #3 and hit #4, then shot at #4 and hit #3, if those targets are overlapped or only allowed a 'couple' inches between them, could the shooter have a legitimate protest that he/she wasn't allowed a Clean Miss because the targets were too close? I'm not being argumentative or trying to prove a particular point but rather I'm trying to better understand the 'Clean Miss' thing. ..........Widder
  16. Nope. C4 is a very stable explosive. In order to set it off from that distance you would need one whopper of an explosion...like a whole bunch of C4 going off.
  17. The discussion centers around having the ability to actually miss without getting a P based on the targets being too close or overlapping. Phantom
  18. Yesterday
  19. Thank you and your post for honoring him and his service to our country.
  20. In that example target 4 was hit twice. The right type of target was hit in the wrong order so no miss.......P. You can’t prove intent only results
  21. Is it still hard to open if you cock the hammers before trying to open it? Most likely problem is that the firing pins are not retracting due to either sticking in the primers or there could be a burr on the firing pin or the hole it protrudes through keeping one or both from retracting. Talk to a competant SXS Shotgun smith and I am sure he can help you correct the issue. Has nothing to do with steel vs brass bases on the shells. It is possible that a different brand of ammo may help as some brands of primers are more suspectible to this than others.
  22. Howdy Wyatt. That is a good questions that might help us determine what is allowable within the definition of 'Clean Miss'. To answer your question within the subject of 'Clean Miss', if targets 3 & 4 don't allow a Clean Miss, then their close placement (or overlapping) would only allow a miss..... and not a 'P'. What do you think? ..........Widder
  23. IN THE BOOK, the guy has five detonators in his shirt pocket, and is worried that the C4 is in his briefcase, only three feet away. He's afraid that if one detonator decides to go boom on its own (they're about 12 years old, and may be unstable), the others will go off by sympathetic detonation, and this will set off the C4. Now, I don't know if that BOOM would jump the 3-foot gap and set it off or not. But it seems to me that five detonators going off in your shirt pocket would kill you, without worrying anout the C4. Anyone with experience with military explosives that might know?
  24. Cemetery

APP

Clean guns?!?! Sounds like voodoo!!
  25. ???? How in the wide wide world of sports is that not a P ?
  26. That has been the case for several years now. However I' have a mod 12 that will not chamber AA's about 90% of the time but has never had a problem with Remingtons. kR
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.