SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I don't know why my wife gave me The Look when I showed this to her.
  3. I think many of us are. Creativity is a usually good thing, and variety is the spice of life. But both need to be seasoned with some reason. Nobody likes to run the timer and agonize, watching shooter after shooter get disappointed with "P"s and excessive misses on "creative" stages. Somewhere in between is the right formula. We keep looking for it. If the variety stays reasonable, it will be fun. If not, then most will be too fatigued or penalized to be able to enjoy it.
  4. Thanks for the replies..I'ii just have to set myself a routine & get the mind into gear !
  5. Sorry about the loss of your furry friend, my sincerest condolences.
  6. Showing anyone at the LT that a revolver hammer is down on an empty chamber wouldn't necessarily indicate how many rounds were loaded.
  7. So What's wrong with 5-10-8 ? Or 11-8-4 load 1 pistol on the clock?
  8. Barkeep: if you're still looking for warm bodies to work the rimfire match, I can score. Not good for much else.
  9. I want to sell my WW2 Remington Rand 1911 as well as the pistol belt that comes with WW2 suspenders, canteen with cup and pouch, first aid pouch , WW1 dated 1911 magazine pouch and WW2 holster. I want $1,930 shipped and insured for everything. The pistol is in excellent condition with HS barrel that has really clear rifling. The magazine is marked "R". I have more pictures but I also have very slow internet. I will post them if i can later or forward them in an email or text.
  10. The loading table officer should have noticed this. Duffield
  11. Today
  12. 4.2 Trail Boss with a 160 gr bullet and Federal Lrg Pistol primer
  13. The Copperhead Juice flows from the pavilion posts!! Don't forget the beverage contest!! There's some right interestin' beverages produced for this!!
  14. Not sure about a fair price, but I would like to have them and would offer $1000 shipped.
  15. My Mernickle shotgun belt came with a (6 loop) bullet slide. I asked for one for 45s but they sent one made for 38s ... It has elastic loops and I noticed that it accomodates 45s and/or 38s just fine. I have one club locally that usually always has a stage at their annual where you shoot one revolver and then reload it on the clock.
  16. You get from FA what you pay for. When you handle one, you'll see. BTW, FA's are made from 17-4 stainless steel. OLG
  17. As a side note, I've seen several people over the years carry a derringer attached to their suspenders. They'd show clear at the ULT. Problem was after the match when we would go out to a eatery for food or awards. They forgot to take the derringer off of their suspenders. Florida is NOT an open carry state. I reminded them of that fact and they never had any problems but very well could have if the wrong people had noticed.
  18. BTW I have had Copperhead Juice. Not once but twice. The first time was at the US Open in 2010, in Sparta, IL. The other time was at the SASS Convention in Branson, MO. So Kiddo, I know what and whom I will be missing if I don't make it to Black Gold. I know I will miss meeting you, Waimea, and seeing some old (lower case indicates "long time" not aged friends) friends. , Allie Meaux
  19. Nope . No prints, but they can get DNA. But that’s by using a special adapter on a mass spectrometer that picks up minute droplets from the breath of the shooter. The heat and friction sear the droplets into the copper casing and by using this adapter the copper can be heated to the flash temperatures of the barrel releasing the residue of the droplets. A micro flash of distilled water is puffed into the mass spec chamber and the perp’s breath droplets residue is absorbed into the moisture and the mass spec can then pull the DNA from that mist and match it to the shooter, or at the very least to the last person that touched the bullet.
  20. Hasn’t anyone heard of Italian sausage?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.