SASS Wire Forum

Dogs are allowed in the camping area on leash at all times when out side of motorhome, camper, tent etc. Quiet hours 10:30 p.m to 6:00 a.m.

Dogs not allowed in the event area unless they are Guide dogs for the disabled.

Hope this answers your Question.

Regards

Bighorn

The East Mountains where the ranch sits is not risk free for pets. Plague is endemic there. There were human cases last year. I'd keep my pet well away from rodents and rodent burrows and make sure they were wearing a potent, new flea collar. I'm not trying to scare you away. Pet owners just need to know how to protect their pets.

The East Mountains where the ranch sits is not risk free for pets.  Plague is endemic there...
Well they are not going loose anyway. I have a pen for them when they are outside and the rest of the time they will be in the trailer. Lady is only off the least to chase her ball. If you got her ball, you might as well be holding her leash, she isn't going anywhere without that ball.

Sassy, the wife, has pills for fleas and ticks for the dogs. Seems to work pretty well. Sassy is much more concerned about Chloe going after a rattlesnake. There is no chance Lady will do that. Lady didn't get to be 10 years old by sticking her neck out, but its plum amazing that Chloe has lived to 7! Chloe has zero sense.

The ranch isn't good rattler habitat. It not very rocky and too high. Rattlers like lower, warmer elevations with more rocks. Still, it's not impossible to see one. Penned dogs on flea meds are pretty safe.

The ranch isn't good rattler habitat.  It not very rocky and too high.  Rattlers like lower, warmer elevations with more rocks.  Still, it's not impossible to see one.  Penned dogs on flea meds are pretty safe.

1272789[/snapback]

Just an FYI....but, last year there were more than a few snakes with those aforementioned rattles found on that there ranch property.

:D

Archived