SASS Wire Forum

Ga$ Price$ Helping you Rethink EoT?

I was thinkin' about cancelling a cross-country motorcycle trip that leaves in 6 days. But then I computed it out and the cost difference is about equal to two trips to Chilis... so I'll leave out the two trips to Chilis. Told my mind-up maker that I wouldn't spend more than $25 a day on food.

Then I thought about the cost of driving from Rapid City SD to Edgewood NM at 4.20 per gallon. I costed out the difference and decided that it was too much at 11 MPG to even contemplate going.

Just when I had my mind made up the auto-mileage on my new (4K miles) 2008 F250 6.4L diesel went from 11.3 to 18.9 MPG! So I pointed that out in a calm manner to the person who makes up my mind for me.....

AND NOW I'M IN!! YEEEEEHAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

See you there Foard!

Going to EOT for the first time this year. Driving from Florida and after EOT we will be vacationing in Colorado for 2 more weeks. My tax pre-bate check of $900 is going 100% to my gas fund. Hopefully that's all we'll need. :wub:

Guest Sheriff Pack Wolf, SASS #31917

Yep,..I'm rethinking it all the time. I think I'm gonna go.

Well.....We're gonna' be there; but, I am rethinking what I'll be driving and what I'll be towing. We're lucky enough to have a few options, just need to figure out what will work out best. See y'all soon!!

Hank

:wub:

I was looking to see what level of fuel price would cause people to reconsider the trip. For me, if it hits $4/gal I may opt out at that point.

At 16-18 MPG that $600 just to go play. Which means I may not be able to much other than go there and shoot.

We have a motor home and pull the four horse trailer, two mules and carts. 6 mpg. on the motor home. We joined the Founders Ranch club, so the shoot, and camping is paid for. But it may be our last if prices keep going up.

Liked it a lot better when it was a two hour drive, now it is 16 hours.

Archived