SASS Wire Forum

Question on conventioneers

I'm confused about the conventioneer signup at EOT. The ad in the chronicle states that conventioneers are not eligible for ANY side matches. But when you go to the registration section online, it states that conventioneers CAN sign up for side matches. It looks like on there, that the only side match I can't shoot is the Wild Bunch match?

So which is it?

I don't want to find out the hard way...

Thank you.

OK,

I just got off the phone with SASS HQ, and conventioneers ARE eligible for all side matches EXCEPT the Wild Bunch Match.

Straight from the horses mouth....

As opposed to, ahem, well, The Wire...

Just so's everyone gets the information.

This is welcome news and might increase attendance. I shot a side match at Winter Range as a conventioneer. My score was not published so I figured out how I did using my personal score card. (I did OK but a squib from a factory round pushed me down in the standings.) I wonder if EoT will follow WR practise and not publish conventioneer scores? This could be a good thing for those who try a side match for the first time and don't want to see their name published at the end of the standings.

• 3 weeks later...

Have the Powers that Be improved "spectating" any?

Calico Cass & I went as conventioneers two years ago, and couldn't get close enough to any berms to watch - which was the main reason we came! :D

Conventioneers and spectators could not even walk the road by the berms at that time. A rope across each berm, close enough to SEE, but leaving enough room on the shooting side for competitors and carts, would do the trick.

Going to EOT this year, but not as a conventioneer! :P

Buenas suerte,

• 3 weeks later...

Calico Cass & I went as conventioneers two years ago, and couldn't get close enough to any berms to watch - which was the main reason we came! :P

Conventioneers and spectators could not even walk the road by the berms at that time.  A rope across each berm, close enough to SEE, but leaving enough room on the shooting side for competitors and carts, would do the trick. 

Going to EOT this year, but not as a conventioneer! :D

Buenas suerte,

1207105[/snapback]

We were conventioneers last year and walked the road but I believe visitors are to stay behind the fence for safety - it is quite a distance to see well. Plus, it would make it too hard to have visitors in the mix with all the shooters and gun carts trying to move from one berm to the next - jmo.

Calico Cass & I went as conventioneers two years ago, and couldn't get close enough to any berms to watch - which was the main reason we came! :P

Conventioneers and spectators could not even walk the road by the berms at that time.  A rope across each berm, close enough to SEE, but leaving enough room on the shooting side for competitors and carts, would do the trick. 

Going to EOT this year, but not as a conventioneer! :D

Buenas suerte,

1207105[/snapback]

Believe me, they are working on it. There is more to it than just spectator safety. I, for one, don't like the idea of epopel just walking around with guns, guncarts and ammo laying around where they can just pick it up.

Archived