SASS Wire Forum

EOT 08

We are planning part of our summer family vacation to attend. We are totally new to cowboy action, but our little buckaroo is wanting the family to get involved. This will be our first EOT. :wub:

Dad - Bill Valentine

Mom - Amber Rose

Son - The Hippo Kid

Daughter - Deadeye Dragon

(Hopefully those alias will be available Monday when I register with SASS)

Forgot to add... We wont be shooting, just watching this year. Boy, this is an expensive hobby!!!! :blush:

We are planning part of our summer family vacation to attend.  We are totally new to cowboy action, but our little buckaroo is wanting the family to get involved.  This will be our first EOT.  :wub:

Dad - Bill Valentine

Mom - Amber Rose

Son - The Hippo Kid

Daughter - Deadeye Dragon

(Hopefully those alias will be available Monday when I register with SASS)

Forgot to add... We wont be shooting, just watching this year.  Boy, this is an expensive hobby!!!!  :blush:

1145704[/snapback]

Hi all of you new shooters and welcome tae the wire. Yer goina love SASS and EOT, smart kid you have there in The Hippo Kid. The best thing is to look around all the things at EOT and ask plenty of questions about guns , clothes etc

Ya.. he sure is... He will turn 7 next month.

Just picked up a Ruger Single Six and found a pretty good deal at a pawn shop for a belt and holster (alittle big, but he will grew into it). He's better outfitted than I am at the moment. I was going to hold off a year or two, but found the wood grip/blue/.22 4 5/8" Single Six for $300. It had enough "cute" factor for the Misses.. and I knew she would like it, so they will both shoot the .22.

I figured I can't go wrong, and if the interest keeps up, it will make a good rig for him.

We're planning two days, Friday & Saturday. Hope to see alot and meet a bunch of folks... Hope there are other Juniors & Buckaroos for the kids to meet and get pointers :blush:

Bill..there will be plenty of Junior shooters there to meet. And a lot of other great people. They are always willing to share info with ya. And plenty of vendors there to give you plenty of shopping opportunities. Doesnt look like I will make it this year, but if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. And if you are looking for any items in particular, let me know. I will see what I can round up for you.

Hey Clyde, get Boggus to bring you a color copy of the pic in the CC. He is going to e-mail me a copy.

TH

Hey Clyde, get Boggus to bring you a color copy of the pic in the CC. He is going to e-mail me a copy.

TH

1174589[/snapback]

Ha!! I heard he has to hide them pictures. He is gonna be on restriction if he isn't careful.

pc

Ha!!  I heard he has to hide them pictures.  He is gonna be on restriction if he isn't careful.

pc

1174630[/snapback]

I showed 'em to her right up front. Knew they were gonna come out sometime and fessed up before they did.

She also knew that that sweet young thang didn't want to have anything do with me but shoot my guns.

I got signed up for my first EoT. I called Hidden Valley R.V. to make reservations and the first thing the lady asked me was "What's your alias?" ;) I just started laughing. Looking forward to EoT though. :D:D

Well just signed myself and the better half up today Trippin Triggers looking fwd to my 2nd EOT and her 1st.

MD

• 2 weeks later...

I will be coming too. My wife, Sassy Schoolmarm, is flying in from Ireland just to watch. If she isn't careful I will be using her '97 I am about to order.

It should be a great trip. It will be the furthest I will have traveled with our trailer. I just haven't decided if the two dogs get to come along or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Deadwood Sam and Dakota Mae from Kansas will be joining EOT again - we were conventioneers last year for the first go-round but this year Deadwood wants to compete - Dakota said "ok" - he'll be in the Elder Statesmen class. Hope everything is as great as it was last year!!!

:D

• 1 month later...

Getting close isn't it???? I enjoy the anticipation, the planning and talking to friends about going. Since we will be on an extended trip while shooting EOT (the weekend before we will be in Cortez Co at their 2 day warm-up, after EOT we will shoot the Co. black powder shoot in Byers, then move up to Cheyenne for Hell on Wheels) I have been reloading a bunch of ammo, both smokeless and black powder, cleaning all the guns, getting the RV ready....all that stuff. I have to say that it looks like the Wild Bunch has done a good job this year, with over 500 shooters registered.

Really looking forward to shooting EOT, hope to meet some of you I have not met previously. We will all have a great time....there is just something about shooting EOT that brings a smile to your face.

Pecos (counting down the days) Clyde

• 2 weeks later...

Sixgun

Glad to hear we will be shooting with you two again. Both of you are easy going and you both work hard on the posse. Of course Dingo won't disagree when I say "YOU are much better lookin!!!" :D:D When do you arrive? Are you staying in town? If you are, don't hesitate to leave yur guncarts at the motorhome. Silver Heart and I are looking forward to seeing you both.

PC

Archived