SASS Wire Forum

Good Vittles and a Great Local Cause

For those interested in an alternative food option and a good cause, there's a tiny little Italian restaurant, Bella Notte, about 12 miles south of the town of Moriarty in Estancia.

It's a non-profit organization run by Master Chef Anthony Alfonso and his family, Edward and Mary Bragg. This restaurant offers culinary opportunities for local teens to develop technical skills and gain worldclass experiences under their direction. It's an option that would never have been available to interested youth if not for the generosity of these fine people and their vision to help their community. All profits go back into the restaurant and into youth scholarships to help build the program. The adults donate their time and accept no salaries.

The prices are VERY reasonable (pasta, veg, salad and bread with main course $9-$15) and the food is EXCELLENT. We've eaten at some of the finest restaurants on both coasts and this little enterprise rivals the best. The hospitality was charming and the staff will "sit a spell" and chat as well.

Excellent presentation, top quality ingredients, friendly service, and a good cause!

If you're itchin' to wander in the West, BELLA NOTTE Restaurant is a great choice!

(It's on west side of the road in a corner building - 517 S. 5th Street - don't miss it - the town's not that big.)

Tom, what is the name of the steak house on the north side of the hiway in edgewood? I have never eat there but I may this trip as I plan on not cooking much. And is it any good, Sorry Gale I am not fond of I tile yen food

Tom, what is the name of the steak house on the north side of the hiway in edgewood?  I have never eat there but I may this trip as I plan on not cooking much.  And is it any good, Sorry Gale I am not fond of I tile yen food

881701[/snapback]

Blackey,

Are you thinking of the Buford Steakhouse? That's off exit 196 (north on NM 41). I have not eaten there, but heard it was good. They're open 7 days a week ('til 10 Friday and Sat).

Archived