SASS Wire Forum

Safety Meetings

If you attend the safety meeting for the warm up match do you have to attend another one for the main match? I'm not shooting warm up but I would much rather attend a 8:30 safety meeting than a 6:30 one.

Good question, Camille! Lorelei and I did the 6:30 meeting last year. And it looks like we'll be doin' it again this year. We're on Posse 7, so we've got first shift again on day one, and a safety meeting at 0dark-thirty :D

Last year we arrived for the 0 dark thirty meeting at 5:15 a.m. It was still really dark, and we were the first ones there. But we did get a close parking place.

Will try to meet you at posse 6 some time during the match. If not, we might see you at the East Mountain Grill. We LOVE that place. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

The warm-up match is a SEPARATE MATCH. It is NOT part of the official EOT match/sidematch. A DQ in it doesn't go forward, therefore, I don't see how the safety meeting has anything to do with the regular match. I have suffered in the dark before, so I guess it is your turn this year. Sorry :D

Camille: From the 2006 EOT Shooter's handbook:

Tuesday June 20 8:30-9:00AM Mandatory Safety Meeting for Warmup Match

Wednesday June 21 9:30-10:00AM Mandatory Safety Meeting for Side Matches

Thursday June 22 6:30-7:00AM Mandatory Safety Meeting (posses 1-24)

Thursday June 22 9:30-10:00AM Mandatory Safety Meeting (posses25-48)

Thursday June 22 12:30-1:00PM Mandatory Safety Meeting (posses 49-72)

The dates and posse numbers have changed but NOT MANDATORY safety meetings. They are Separate for the Warm-up, Side matches, and MAIN match. I know a shooter who was MDQ'd at a regional for missing the safety meeting because when asked he said it was a waste of time. You make your own decision. It's between you, your conscious, and your posse marshall. You aren't on my posse so it is none of my business, just trying to be helpful. See you at EOT!!

Happy Jack I'm not trying to skip out on a required safety meeting. If I were I wouldn't have asked about I just wouldn't have shown up. There are ways that match directors can make things more convenient for shooters and sometimes with everything else involved they miss making out on some of the most simple of those waysor just simply forget to state the obvious or not so obvious.

It never hurts to ask and sometimes it actually helps. :)

Camille ~ still waiting for someone with authority to clarify ~Eonich

My advice is to ask when you pickup your shooters package. I am not sure where I will be station at but if you see this big ugly looking guy in uniform work one of the berms or conventioneer stages stop by and say hi. Lorelei and Lazarus looking forward to seeing you again this year.

Archived