SASS Wire Forum

conventioneer

The Conventioneer is a SASS member that wants to be at EOT without the competition requirement. You get the chance to wear your gun, dress up, shoot a little, attend all events, be in seminars and have a lot of fun. It is great for someone that just joined and is not yet up to shooting yet. It is great for someone that does not yet have all the guns needed yet. It is for anyone that has a true interest in the sport and loves a lot of fun. As an example suppose your job requires you return to work on the last Sat. and Sun. Yet you want to be in the game but can't justify using a space as a shooter when you can't be there all the days. You can be a conventioneer. My wife likes to go to the Belle Union to enjoy cards. She can't do this as a guest (spouse) but can as a conventioneer. Also you can get a campsite. One of my friends was never sure what day he would get off work for several EOTs so he signed up as a conventioneer. One time he was able to get there on Monday and the next two he got in on Friday afternoon. He had a great time at every one.

Hope this helps,

Chuckwagon

As I recall there is a fence or road running to the west of the berms that visitors cannot cross, and it appeared only the shooters were allowed to be close enough to watch the matches. Can conventioneers cross the fence and watch the shooting events from up close, or are they confined to the west of the fence / road?

Also, can the conventioneers attend the evening events and awards?

Appreciate any information.

SC

yes the conventioneers are allowed to pass the fence how else you gonna shoot?

The conventioner is the same as the shooter except he is not able to shoot the main match stages, I even believe you are able to shoot the side matches along with your stage a day.

Archived