SASS Wire Forum

Ladies Tea & Resting Room Débuts at Founders Ranch

Drago SASS #2995L

End of Trail 2007 is almost upon us and this year a fine tradition is returning. The Ladies Tea and Resting Room will be serving tea and cookies. The Tea Tent has been a long since tradition as a place to get out of the elements and give you the opportunity to socialize.

Our End of Trail Tea and Resting Room will be serving Cowboys and Ladies alike.

Please stop by, visit and enjoy a cup of tea with us.

The proprietor will be Tess Dandridge SASS #50371

Tess Dandridge is setting up the tea tent and if anyone has any tea related items they would like to donate to the "Ladies Tea & Resting Room" please contact her via the Wire.

DO NOT expect the donated items to be returned. She is not asking for you to donate your grandmother's tea set, but maybe a odd or end which you don't use or need any more so she and her husband don't have to expend all of their money to make this a great event for the rest of us.

Thank you.

I have not signed up with my own account. I am posting on Drago's account. If you wish to send me private mail please send it to Drago then I will get it. Thank you Tess Dandridge.

Hey Tess,

I just looked and I have 1 tea set, pot ,creamer and sugar bowl and some great teas I would like to donate.I'll check out the auctions for more tea pots.How ya gonna heat the water,electric coffee pot?I may have ya covered on that note,let me know.

Are we gonna try and use real cups,or paper?I have 4 cups that match the tea service.No plates tho.

Now I have a place to put some of the cookies I make,

(note to self, MAKE MORE COOKIES)

Fancy I'm sure Tess will address this as well but I know she wants to make this the best experience she can so she is using the real stuff.

Drago, Tess, Chili Pepper and I went shopping and purchased parts of old tea sets and assorted items. We ALWAYS need more and your donation sounds great.

We were talking about having cookies or other pastries, strawberries (which may or may not be available then) and an assortment of teas. :o Water would be heated on a portable butane style stove. The event would be much like it was in Norco, EXCEPT for the cows. Talk to Tess about the event for further details.

Hey Tess,

I just looked and I have 1 tea set, pot ,creamer and sugar bowl and some great teas I would like to donate.I'll check out the auctions for more tea pots.How ya gonna heat the water,electric coffee pot?I may have ya covered on that note,let me know.

Are we gonna try and use real cups,or paper?I have 4 cups that match the tea service.No plates tho.

Now I have a place to put some of the cookies I make,

(note to self, MAKE MORE COOKIES)

808264[/snapback]

Thank you to everyone who has called saying they will donate thier goods and goodies.

We plan on using Victorian style tea cups, plates, tea pots and such.

We are using a propane stove and will have a wash basin to do our dishes in.

I am tole painting a sign (which Travis made) to place next to the entry way. We will have a white picket fence and arch way for the entrance. We will be using lattice work on the inside to hide the cleaning area. Our tent will be a 20x20 which is fantastic. It will have windows all around. We hope to make this 'Ladies Tea and Resting Room' a place to come and relax in.

Cowboys are welcome but no 'French' spoken within.

Looking forward to getting this up and running making a great debut at 2007 EOT.

Tess Dandridge

Hi Tess,

Granny and I will go through the shed and look for "stuff" (of which we have lots of!!) and I will let you know what we come up with. We also have several books on teas (we gave a high tea for our church a few years ago), which we will bring along. Granny is signed up as a waddie if you want to use her in any capacity (she makes a real mean devonshire cream for the scones!) See you at The Cowboys annual in May???

Eve Nenjoy

Actually, I was talkin' bout Devonshire cream, but scones is doable too! :o

Hey Travis, How are you doing?

I was thinkin' bout coming down at Memorial Day to shoot with The Cowboys~are you gonna be shootin'?

Eve Nenjoy

I emailed you did you get it? :rolleyes:

Please email us at our home email address.

Thank you for your help and donations you are bringing.

We will be serving as close to 1800 - 1900 Victorian style as possible.

We won't be serving breakfast, lunches or dinners. What people can expect is delicious hot teas, ice tea (with or without sliced lemon), dainty cookies, and hopefully strawberries. (Not sure what NM has in June). If you can find some dainty spoons for stiring tea that would be wonderful.

Thank you again :)

TESS

Hi Tess,

I did get your email. I'll keep an eye out for all things for a Victorian Tea... How many will the room accomodate at a time? I'll write on your home address from now on! I'm gettin' excited about everything...and it is all coming so quick!

Eve

Eve Nenjoy I'll be at the "Ambush @ Mill Creek", but working the trash detail. You can find me at the bottle of the barrel or at the Drive-thru dumster any time after 7 AM.

Thank you to everyone for such a wonderful response regarding the 'Parlour Tea Room'. Notice the name change. Drago and I researched the name and back in the mid to late 1800's this is what they were called. So - our Tea Tent has an official name now. "Parlour Tea Room". :rolleyes: I'm tole painting the sign that Travis cut out for me this week. Hopefully it will do the Tea Room proud. I sure hope everyone will come by and say Howdy and rest a bit. Pepper, Granny and I will serve you up the best cup of tea and your choice on the cookies.

Again, thank you to everyone who has offered the essentials in making this the best "Parlour Tea Room" ever.

Can't wait to see you all, Big Hugs around to everyone.

Tess Dandridge :)

Thank you to everyone for such a wonderful response regarding the 'Parlour Tea Room'.  Notice the name change.  Drago and I researched the name and back in the mid to late 1800's this is what they were called.  So - our Tea Tent has an official name now.  "Parlour Tea Room".  :rolleyes:  I'm tole painting the sign that Travis cut out for me this week.  Hopefully it will do the Tea Room proud.  I sure hope everyone will come by and say Howdy and rest a bit.  Pepper, Granny and I will serve you up the best cup of tea and your choice on the cookies.

Again, thank you to everyone who has offered the essentials in making this the best "Parlour Tea Room" ever.

Can't wait to see you all, Big Hugs around to everyone.

Tess Dandridge   :)

824003[/snapback]

Tess, I have about 8 cups and saucers , one serving dish and a sugar bowl. Looking forward to serving our "best cup of tea" to the ladies and "gentlemen" of EOT. Jes pepper

Hi Tess,

Granny and I will go through the shed and look for "stuff" (of which we have lots of!!) and I will let you know what we come up with. We also have several books on teas (we gave a high tea for our church a few years ago), which we will bring along. Granny is signed up as a waddie if you want to use her in any capacity (she makes a real mean devonshire cream for the scones!) See you at The Cowboys annual in May???

Eve Nenjoy

813450[/snapback]

Eve Nenjoy.....is that cream the same as clotted cream? I had some in England and it was scrumptious. My mouth is watering....I'll even make some scones for that!!! :rolleyes: Jes Pepper mmmmmmm

Eve Nenjoy.....is that cream the same as clotted cream?  I had some in England and it was scrumptious.  My mouth is watering....I'll even make some scones for that!!! :rolleyes:  Jes Pepper  mmmmmmm

826694[/snapback]

Pepper,

Yes it is similar, but easier and I like it better (and you have to have unpasteurized cream to make clotted cream which is hard to come by in the US) Can't wait to see everyone in the Parlour Tea Room!

Eve

• 3 weeks later...

Parlour Tea Room is growing. Drago and I have been shopping and we have an arbor and white picket fence for the front of the Tea Tent. We have bought table cloths and aprons for the ladies. I'm still looking for flowers to add and possibly some small vases. This is our first year and supplies will grow as we do. We appreciate all the emails and help which we had and are getting.

I want to send my appreciation and thanks to Cat and Tex for placing my Tea Room add in the SASS Chronicle. It looks great and deffinately catches your eye.

It will be so good to see everyone!!

Hugs to ya :D

Tess Dandridge

Hey Tess I have a bunch of bud vases and flowers to put in them,all I have to do is remember to put them in the camper :D

Can't wait to see everyone.

Hugs and chocolate kisses to all

• 2 weeks later...

Be sure to stop by the Parlour Tea Room as you enter or walk around EOT this year. Granny Kettle and Eve Nenjoy provided samples of cookies they will be making for the tea room at "The Ambush @ Mill Creek" event this weekend and they were GREAT!

:D

Archived