SASS Wire Forum

Directions to EOT from Moriarty

By the way y'all,if you're comin' from Moriarty to the Ranch you'll pass the horthern end of Barton Rd on 66 (333).

Don't take it unless you've got a high-clearance vehicle,Barton is only paved for a mile,then it gets nasty.Better to go 217 to Juan Tomas.

• 1 month later...

Barton Road is MUCH better now than it has been. We have been promised it would be paved before EOT.

Georgia Slick, I am a Georgian myself, from Griffin until 1999 and now just a few short miles from Founder's.

Barton Road is MUCH better now than it has been. We have been promised it would be paved before EOT.

853720[/snapback]

You get that from the county? Which one,Santa Fe or Bernalillo? They can't even agree on who should maintain it! :D

Maybe they'll pave north from Juan Tomas,but south from East Trail ain't gonna happen anytime soon,I'll bet on that.

Best way is go east on the south frontage rd for 40 until you get to 217 take it south (turn Left) until you reach Juan THomas rd take it east(left turn) until you come to Barton Rd go North(left turn) until you see the gate for the Ranch and someone will direct you from there.

I have it on my GPS if anyone needs itso if you have a Magellon and need it then PM me with you address and I will down load it and send it to you.

Ifn you commin from ABQ you can save some time by taking the Sadellio Hill exit and take the Frontage rod east until you come to 217 and turn right on 217 and the rest is the same coming from the east I would wait and get off at the Edfgewood exit and go west on the frontage road. until you hit 217. Depending on were you are coming from in the south and the north is which way I would go. Cominf fron Santa Fe or north I woudl go straight from Santa fe to Edgewood and bypass ABQ, coming from the south east of El Paso I would take the back way up and not use 25 same alot of millage. I live in Alamogord which is about 90 miles north of El Paso and 60 miles east of Las Cruces and I take 54N to Corona and the take 41 & 42 to Morarity I am looking for the correct rds to keep from going to Morarity and come in from the south on 217. I know there is a way I once took it and use 55 instead of tt41&42 roads and came very close to the same stop at one intersection but I am not sure of the exact road now that I do not use 55 because of the 90 degree turns that are very frequent on it. I tried one way last ime I was up and it was good so I will try another next month after the monthly match. Coming from the west if 60 is near you it might be shorter than taking 10 to 25 or 40 into ABQ and then north aon some road. I know of several shooter who use 60 coming from Tor C and Magdalena it allows them to bypass ABQ and the traffic.

You get that from the county? Which one,Santa Fe or Bernalillo? They can't even agree on who should maintain it!  :D

Maybe they'll pave north from Juan Tomas,but south from East Trail ain't gonna happen anytime soon,I'll bet on that.

854153[/snapback]

Nope. From the state. Have you shot at any of the BBR matches? I don't recognize the name.

BD

No,I ain't shot any matches yet,I'm still pretty new to SASS.

I live on the east side of Barton,have for 12 years now & I know that the cost & problems in paving Barton north of the Ranch are gonna keep it from happenin' for a long time.Them bureaucrats up in the Roundhouse been mad at Edgewood ever since we incorprated & they don't like us folks down here in this part of the county.

I know there is a way I once took it and use 55 instead of tt41&42 roads and came very close to the same stop at one intersection but I am not sure of the exact road now that I do not use 55 because of the 90 degree turns that are very frequent on it.  I tried one way last ime I was up and it was good so I will try another  next month after the monthly match. 

854342[/snapback]

Blackie,what you wanna do is take 55 east outta Estancia,it's a perfectly straight 10 miles to 337,go north 'til you see the round house,turn right then left on 217 & then about 5 miles to Juan Tomas.

Hank, thanks for the info.. like I said I knew it was possible but I had forgotten the road names. I will try it out next month and see what it is like and see if the camper would be OK that way. If not I will use it for the monthly shoots.

I know farther sound 55 has a bunch of those 90degree hairpin turns that jump up at you since most of them look like the road goes strait but it a a road on private property around all them land grant areas.

Archived