SASS Wire Forum

Waddie facilities

sixd

The campground area at Founders Ranch is most suited to RVs. Tenting would be primitive, dry camping. The camp sites are level, bare dirt. Sites lack grass and most lack gravel. In June there probably wouldn't be mud due to the dry conditions that prevail during that month. There is no plumbed-in water or dishwashing facilities and certainly no showers. As was mentioned, outhouses are provided. I suggest you consider the nearby Hidden Valley resort that has amenities a tenter would seek.

Thanks for your replies. I had heard that shower facilites would be built. Sort of like what you get in Yosemite at the camp sites there. I guess it was a rumor. It would be sorta neat if in the future something like that would be provided. Maybe a portable shower facility like the military or firefighters use. It would be something to look into. Just a suggestion. Thanks again. :D

• 4 months later...

Due to the water rights situation in the West, the ranch cannot supply water from it's well for any purpose other than the ranch house and the ranch's live stock. That is the law the way it was explained to me.

All water used by the attendees, staff, stock and dust control at EOT is purchased in bulk in Morority or in bottled form in Albuquerque.

For that to happen all the infastructure large enough for a small subdivision would need to be installed. That means Electricty (lines from the nearest substation) and its distribution system on the ranch, Water (mains from the nearest municipal water supply) and its distribution system on the ranch, Sewage handling and processing systems and a qualified person to operate.

It would be great if SASS could provide full service camp ground at the ranch, but I don't expect to see that happen in the near future.

Footloose

From talking to Chiz about shower rooms I doubt that we will ever see them there they had to sign a agreement that they would not provide water to the campers and not allow any dumping. I would like to see a dumpsight that could be used to dump on the way out of the ranch. This year it will not be a problem for me since I will be staying over a day after the event for dr appt's and will probably get a rRV spot of a room in billeting on Kirtland that sunday night. I am not sure if it will be open to the public but in Moriarty there is a Philips 66 I think that has dump facillityies in the back. Some times it is open and sometimes it is not. Plus their are several rv sites that have dump stations in ABQ. Tenk camping I would either buy me a solar shower or have a friend with a motel room that would let you his shower. Even as a RV I try to advoid showers in my Camper since it uses alot of water and it fills up a tank. Although the shower has it own tank for recovering the water. I have 4 6gallon water juggs that I use at EOT I will fill them up before leaving home and it depend on useage but usually can get by with the 40-60 gallons of water onboard and the 24 in the juss with maybe one more set of juggs being filled which isn't hard for me to get them filled. They usually have a truck that comes buy and pumps the rv's and delievers water for about $15-25 bucks each.

• 1 month later...

From Stump Water's pictures is see that EoT did have on-site bathing facilities for waddies. The Wild Bunch thinks of everything.

• 3 months later...
Guest Tom Muley, SASS #27759

They need to supply portable self contained showers. They have them, when I was a firefighter they brought in trailers that were noting but showers, during large campaign fires.

Archived